Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Has "Songbird" been cut?

Just wondering if the song has been cut completely from the set? Seems as if the last few shows have not included the song.

A real shame if in fact the band isn't playing it anymore...it's Christine's big moment and the big "classic Mac ending" that could finally happen again with this tour.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:54 PM

someone needs to ask Mick at the Meet and Greet
Old 03-17-2015, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No Songbird tonight in Greensboro and no Silver Springs either.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

why the hell would they cut Songbird? (seems like that would fit with Chris having a hand injury-- couldn't exactly have her sing it while Brett plays…. but they came out and said the postponed shows were due to Stevie's voice….)

So what are they ending with, and what's the encore?
Old 03-18-2015, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
why the hell would they cut Songbird?
She got tired of looking at Lindsey across that piano. She said, I can't take one more night of this!

Michele
Old 03-18-2015, 02:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Because, you know, Lindsey couldn't just play it on guitar.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-18-2015, 04:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Chris hurt her hand and Stevie's been sick.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Chris hurt her hand and Stevie's been sick.
It's ridiculous that they don't have backups to play instead, especially Stevie. Songbird is a unique song in the set so I can understand it being hard to replace.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Last night the encore was World Turning (with that never-ending Mick drum solo), and they ended with Don't Stop. It was a little confusing at first because the coliseum took their time about turning the house lights back on and we weren't sure if they were REALLY finished or not.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
No Songbird tonight in Greensboro and no Silver Springs either.
it was probably due to a curfew. If Chris could play during the entire show why couldn't she play Songbird? Doesn't make sense.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 03-18-2015, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Last night the encore was World Turning (with that never-ending Mick drum solo), and they ended with Don't Stop. It was a little confusing at first because the coliseum took their time about turning the house lights back on and we weren't sure if they were REALLY finished or not.
Ugh that's awful! My in-laws were at the show and I feel bad that those songs were cut for them. One thing I am annoyed about is that their seats were in the front section A but they said they re-arranged the seating so their seats ended up being in second section of A. Craziness!

Last edited by kak125; 03-18-2015 at 09:07 AM..
Old 03-18-2015, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
it was probably due to a curfew. If Chris could play during the entire show why couldn't she play Songbird? Doesn't make sense.
You could be right. On the other hand, they've cut that song for four shows in a row now, it doesn't seem like they would have run into curfews that many times so close together. I was sorry to have missed seeing it. It was my first time seeing them with Christine, and that is such an iconic song for her. As to her playing the rest of the show fine; maybe Brett is taking on more of the playing duties than we are aware of? Just a thought... Having known that they had been cutting the song recently, we were prepared that we might not get that one, but Silver Springs was unexpected.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ha! I quoted myself. Sorry to take things off topic for a moment, but regarding Mick's solo, I wanted to ask the folks that have seen previous shows this tour if during all those incoherent screams and grunts if he had been going on about "Are you ready for the Hanky Panky?!?!" I didn't remember hearing that when we had seen them in the past and it was just so weird/funny to hear last night.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Ugh that's awful! My in-laws were at the show and I feel bad that those songs were cut for them. One thing I am annoyed about is that their seats were in section 1 but they said they re-arranged the seating so their seats ended up being in section 4. Craziness!
Oh no, I'm so sorry that happened to them. We had that situation years ago at a Pink Floyd show where we had paid what was a ton of money back then for freshly graduated college students, to get a really premium seat. We arrived at the venue to find out that once they set things up, they realized it was somehow going to be "obstructed view" (probably one of those giant stage props Floyd is fond of was placed somewhere inconvenient), and they had moved us to the much cheaper side stadium seats (with no refund or anything on the premium we had paid). We were on our honeymoon at the time and my brand new spouse was MAAAADDDD!!!!

Last edited by Feather Blade; 03-18-2015 at 09:27 AM..
Old 03-18-2015, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ughh, I'm so sorry that happened to them. We had that situation years ago at a Pink Floyd show where we had paid what was a ton of money back then for freshly graduated college students, to get a really premium seat. We arrived at the venue to find out that once they set things up, they realized it was somehow going to be "obstructed view" (probably one of those giant stage props Floyd is fond of was placed someplace inconvenient), and they had moved us to the much cheaper side stadium seats (with no refund or anything on the premium we had paid) We were on our honeymoon at the time and my brand new spouse was MAAAADDDD!!!!
Oh no that's awful! I would have been so pissed and would have had to yell at somebody that works there. That is ridiculous!!
I'm texting my mother-in-law now to see if there seats were still 23 rows back. I was thinking maybe they just moved the sections back a bit and re-numbered the rows. I do feel when they change your seats at the last minute that they should give you better ones to make up for it.