User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by loverly13 View Post
Regarding the platinum tickets: what's the reason they're priced so ridiculously high, other than location? I mean, I really find it hard to justify paying $1,000 for a seat in the first 5 rows without any other benefits. At least with the VIP package you get something else, even if it still doesn't really make it worth $750...
Exactly.....
Old 04-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Luckily I have a great memory and can still vividly recall the 15 dollar seats I had for the Dec 1979 Tusk show..I think I'd prefer to relive seeing the 30ish Mac in their prime rather than pay several hundred to see the 70ish version..If they do tour behind a new album from the Five however I will pay,

Old 04-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I will say this. It amazes me the number of people who contine to pay the excessively high prices for any artist. I always chalk it up to people who are so in love with the peformer(s) that no amount is too much for them. What also bothers me is that Lindsey was so quick to bash The Eagles when they were touring with no new album to promote (2001-2006) while they had SYW to promote. Here we are in 2014 and we are getting our 3rd GH type tour and they are charging a fortune to hear allot of material they have been doing for years. While I am thrilled that Christine is back I think they should have done a new album first and then went on the road. It would have made the reunion more legitimate. Based on the current prices I can only imagine what the prices will be for the next tour. I am hoping to get a good seat for both Ottawa and Minneapolis but I am not breaking the bank to do so.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsnFan4Ever View Post
Here's another thought: why don't all of you come out here to San Diego and we can go to the show together? The first of December is beautiful in So. Cal.
Well, California isn't the place, but if there are venues where concerts sales are really dead and people think that tickets won't move, then tell me about those because it often makes sense to fly in to one of those places and see the show than to try to see it in some crazy, popular place like NYC or something.

Michele
Old 04-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, California isn't the place, but if there are venues where concerts sales are really dead and people think that tickets won't move, then tell me about those because it often makes sense to fly in to one of those places and see the show than to try to see it in some crazy, popular place like NYC or something.

Michele
That San Diego arena is small. Even the upper level seats are decent because there are no suites.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:35 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i think they are selling about 20 Mick's VIP tickets / show.

but we were talking about platinum tickets which for DC were starting at like $695 and so far go up to $1850. average price was $800-900 and so far they sold about 6 times 15 pairs of those. so almost 200 individual tickets for about $800-900 each. if you check right now, you have platinums for floor 3 in DC, 10th row, offered for $750 each.
Fingers crossed for a 2015 LB solo tour with max $150 M&G's is all I can say. I'm doing DC and that's probably it.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I will be interested to see what people are able to buy tomorrow.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

It makes me sad to realize how little FM seems to care about their fans. Charging these ridiculous prices for pretty much the same concert they've been playing since 1982 is ridiculous (and let's face it, this is going to be another greatest hits tour). It's especially striking for a Springsteen fan like me. Bruce is one of the most popular live acts in history yet his ticket prices are a fraction of that of FM and he puts more song diversity in one concert than FM has in 30 years.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I blame the greedy promoters,venues,ticket outlets with their BS service fees.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Registered

They( promoters) are not asking $1800 in fees .... It's. The Band they want a certain amount and the promoter has to factor that into the prices
Old 04-06-2014, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
They( promoters) are not asking $1800 in fees .... It's. The Band they want a certain amount and the promoter has to factor that into the prices
I would like to know what is the breakdown of a ticket.

Who gets what.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
Why don't you just buy tickets with the regular on-sales that happen on Monday? Just because a few people here bought VIP tickets doesn't mean there aren't any left! I wouldn't pay $750 either but nobody has to, to see the show. Something is "worth" what someone is willing to pay for it. Free marketplace. FM didn't invent that.

Who cares if you're not in the first 5 rows? I don't get that obsession. Just enjoy the show. It's like being on an airplane--everyone gets there at the same time no matter what you paid to fly.
This is the most asinine comparison I think could have been used here.

Sure, everyone flying on that airplane gets to the destination at the same time but are you honestly naive enough (or don't really understand how airline seating actually works) to think that someone in coach has the exact same flight experience as someone in first class? No, they don't. If you pay for a cheaper seat, you are going to have a much more uncomfortable flight. And forget the chance of getting any perks like they do in first class. Hell, when I take my dog on vacation Rover has to ride in baggage. He gets there the same time I do but do you think his flight was near as comfortable as mine up in first class? Or coach? Nope.

From reading some comments in this thread I get the impression you don't pay for your tickets anyway. If that's true, you obviously aren't able to, or don't care to, understand where the individuals on this board who are frustrated at ticket prices are coming from because it's an issue that doesn't matter in the least to you.

Quote:
Who cares if you're not in the first 5 rows? I don't get that obsession.
You can't understand why some people like to be near the stage so they don't have to carry binoculars or high-powered telescopes used only by NASA just to be able to actually see the band they paid so much to see or have waited so long to see? You can't understand why some people might like to be near the stage so they could get the opportunity to shake Stevie or Lindsey's hand? Wow, you must really be out of touch with us simple folks. Course, we should all just suck it up and pay for the cheap seats and spend the evening squinting at the stage while having beer spilled all over us by the rowdy fangirls behind us that couldn't afford the $1,000 tickets.

I'm sorry, NO band is worth tickets that cost as much as FM is charging this time around.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:24 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I would like to know what is the breakdown of a ticket.

Who gets what.
same formula platinum seats are all gravy for talent

http://www.wisebread.com/how-much-a-...-ticket-prices
Old 04-06-2014, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
same formula platinum seats are all gravy for talent

http://www.wisebread.com/how-much-a-...-ticket-prices
Thanks.The talent portion is more then I expected .

Old 04-06-2014, 08:37 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Thanks.The talent portion is more then I expected .
Really.,but an extra $1600 on a ticket is a bit much