The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd probably only go see the whole band again if they do at least 3 out of any of these songs:

Caroline
Tango in The Night
Family Man
When I See you Again
Book of Love
Empire State
Can't go Back
That's Alright
Straight Back
Fireflies
Frozen Love that should speak for itself be worth the 150 dollar ticket price.
Twisted would be fun to hear especially if they do a rock version.
Lola
Crying in the Night
Crystal
Don't Let me Down Again
That's Enough for Me
Walk a thin Line
.......... The catalouge goes on and on.

I'd really just want a high energy show from them. I've seen stevie 5 times and it seems like she was at a high in 2001 then it just became the same over and over again. Lindsey I'd go see again anyday. Fleetwood I've seen 2 times on each leg of SYW will tour.

I think we should get some request as fans set it up online. The song with the most votes gets played that night.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Actually I don't live far from him. Probably about 10 miles or so. I'll tell him to play both tunes..
should've read that you are in LA.

and - sounds good to me!
Old 06-20-2012, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird28 View Post
I'd probably only go see the whole band again if they do at least 3 out of any of these songs:

Caroline
Tango in The Night
Family Man
When I See you Again
Book of Love
Empire State
Can't go Back
That's Alright
Straight Back
Fireflies
Frozen Love that should speak for itself be worth the 150 dollar ticket price.
Twisted would be fun to hear especially if they do a rock version.
Lola
Crying in the Night
Crystal
Don't Let me Down Again
That's Enough for Me
Walk a thin Line
.......... The catalouge goes on and on.

I'd really just want a high energy show from them. I've seen stevie 5 times and it seems like she was at a high in 2001 then it just became the same over and over again. Lindsey I'd go see again anyday. Fleetwood I've seen 2 times on each leg of SYW will tour.

I think we should get some request as fans set it up online. The song with the most votes gets played that night.
That would be a great idea. HANSON did something similar - they let you vote for an album, which would be played all the way through in the set that night. At one point they also let fans vote for the cover song they would do.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie all but confirms NO new FM music...

In this recent interview, Stevie pretty much declares FM will do another "Greatest Hits" tour in 2013!
http://www.kshe95.com/musicnews/story.aspx?ID=1727377

"Despite several postponements, 2013 will be the year that Fleetwood Mac heads back on the road. The band last toured in 2009; marking the first time they embarked on a major road trek without promoting a new album. We just caught up with Stevie Nicks, who told us that once again, Fleetwood Mac will be touring on the strength of it's back catalogue with rehearsals on the books for the beginning of 2013: "I'm taking the rest of this year for my In Your Dreams record that I love so much, and then 2013 is Fleetwood Mac, 'cause we're in rehearsal in January."

In Your Dreams -- which is Nicks' seventh and latest solo studio album -- was co-produced by the Eurythmics' Dave Stewart, who also co-wrote seven of the album's 13 songs. The album also includes the song, "Everybody Loves You" -- which was written about Lindsey Buckingham.

In Your Dreams entered the Billboard 200 chart at Number Six and sold 52,000 copies during its first week of release."
Old 06-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
In this recent interview, Stevie pretty much declares FM will do another "Greatest Hits" tour in 2013!
http://www.kshe95.com/musicnews/story.aspx?ID=1727377

"Despite several postponements, 2013 will be the year that Fleetwood Mac heads back on the road. The band last toured in 2009; marking the first time they embarked on a major road trek without promoting a new album. We just caught up with Stevie Nicks, who told us that once again, Fleetwood Mac will be touring on the strength of it's back catalogue with rehearsals on the books for the beginning of 2013: "I'm taking the rest of this year for my In Your Dreams record that I love so much, and then 2013 is Fleetwood Mac, 'cause we're in rehearsal in January."

In Your Dreams -- which is Nicks' seventh and latest solo studio album -- was co-produced by the Eurythmics' Dave Stewart, who also co-wrote seven of the album's 13 songs. The album also includes the song, "Everybody Loves You" -- which was written about Lindsey Buckingham.

In Your Dreams entered the Billboard 200 chart at Number Six and sold 52,000 copies during its first week of release."
How much do they really need to rehearse Rumours? Seriously.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
How much do they really need to rehearse Rumours? Seriously.
I know. 'On the strength of their back catalog' indeed.

It's like Christine said she could do Don't Stop with her hands tied behind her back. They should be able to roll out of bed, half asleep, and stumble onto the tour stage with no preparation at all if they aren't doing any new songs.

Michele
Old 06-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In addition to repeating the 2013 tour news, a couple of the outlets are just randomly saying that ELY is about LB. I mean she's talked about it before, but why mention that and not discuss meaning of the other songs. I wonder if ELY is something that she discussed on the red carpet.

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/69982109.html

Michele
Old 06-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I figure by now they done the songs 1000's of times.The rehearsals should be easy and fast.The good thing about doing them is testing the equipment out after some was in storage for some time , and make sure it works before it gets loaded for the road trip.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And changing that sequencing, the most important part.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
IThe album also includes the song, "Everybody Loves You" -- which was written about Lindsey Buckingham.
Was it?? Has Stevie ever said who/what this song is actually about?
Old 06-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
Yes, it was written about Lindsey. Stevie said it.

Dave sent her "Everybody loves you / But you're so alone / Everybody knows your name / But you can't find your way home / No one really knows you / I'm the only one" and she just KNEW those words HAD to be about people in a duo, so she was inspired to pull the rest of the lyrics for the song out of stuff she had written about Lindsey. Personally I doubt Dave was even thinking of Annie Lennox when he wrote those lyrics - he could have written them about his pet chihuahua.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have this quote on my tumblr: “A duo is a different breed of cat….Only [we] really understand this song. Fall in love with a person for who they are. Fall in love with them again - for what they do. Rare…” I've posted it as Stevie talking about ELY, but I can't for the life of me find where I got it from. I initially thought it was in the cd booklet, but checked and it's not. Wasn't there brief explanations about each track on the album on the itunes download? Perhaps that's where it's from

Old 06-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
“I immediately took it like he was writing that about Annie Lennox, because that sounded like a person from a duo writing a song about the other person in the duo. And what Dave and I had that was great was that we’d both been in really famous duos, so the whole time we were making this record, I feel like Lindsey and Annie were floating around in the room. Because a lot of the stuff that we both wrote seemed to be directed to our years as famous people in duos.”

"The reason Dave wrote the chorus the way he did was because of his relationship with Annie Lennox. So we had two duos. Dave understood. He's the same way with Annie -- 'Everybody loves you. . . no one really knows you, I'm the only one' -- I'm the only one that knew you before you were famous. So I let the song go ahead and be about Lindsey, and he let the song be about Annie."

“The words to ‘Everybody Loves You’ came from a poem that’s pretty old, like maybe 12 years old, that was definitely written about [Buckingham]. Where it says, ‘No one else can play that part. No voice of a stranger could play that part/It broke my heart,’ that’s pretty much all about Lindsey.”

“I felt he wrote it about Annie Lennox, because when you’re in a duo you really know that person better than anybody else. So I flipped it around and wrote the verses about me and Lindsey.”
Old 06-27-2012, 06:48 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
“I immediately took it like he was writing that about Annie Lennox, because that sounded like a person from a duo writing a song about the other person in the duo. And what Dave and I had that was great was that we’d both been in really famous duos, so the whole time we were making this record, I feel like Lindsey and Annie were floating around in the room. Because a lot of the stuff that we both wrote seemed to be directed to our years as famous people in duos.”

"The reason Dave wrote the chorus the way he did was because of his relationship with Annie Lennox. So we had two duos. Dave understood. He's the same way with Annie -- 'Everybody loves you. . . no one really knows you, I'm the only one' -- I'm the only one that knew you before you were famous. So I let the song go ahead and be about Lindsey, and he let the song be about Annie."

“The words to ‘Everybody Loves You’ came from a poem that’s pretty old, like maybe 12 years old, that was definitely written about [Buckingham]. Where it says, ‘No one else can play that part. No voice of a stranger could play that part/It broke my heart,’ that’s pretty much all about Lindsey.”

“I felt he wrote it about Annie Lennox, because when you’re in a duo you really know that person better than anybody else. So I flipped it around and wrote the verses about me and Lindsey.”
Thanks for posting.. very interesting..
Old 06-27-2012, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Glad that Stevie told the truth about it being another 'greatest hits' tour with not a note of new music.And to think Mick was criticizing her for touring behind an album released last year.Well there's a couple hundred bucks I'll be saving next year.