User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I do not understand this EP thing. I think some young unestablished artists release EPs to pay for the next batch of studio time for the next EP and to build up fanbase. Example: Florrie has consitently been releasing the best pop music of the 2010s--20 songs! 3 EPs plus 8 other singles/free downloads. But what I don't get is... why not release those 20 friggin amazing songs in a double album or two albums? Anyway... what would be the point for the Mac... unless the EP were attached to a re-release of Rumours. ... or B/N?
Well, when we have suggested the EP compromise before, it was as a way to get them in and out of the studio quickly, if some members are not up to spending 6-12 months putting out a complete album.

Michele
Old 06-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the most doable is... Stevie and Lindsey recording a few new tracks and adding that to some "unreleased" stuff with the original Buckingham Nicks recordings is only thing that can happen....not to mention the 40th anniversary of the album.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I think the most doable is... Stevie and Lindsey recording a few new tracks and adding that to some "unreleased" stuff with the original Buckingham Nicks recordings is only thing that can happen....not to mention the 40th anniversary of the album.
I forgot about the Buckingham Nicks 40th anniversary of the album is coming up.Maybe a legit CD release.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I would be perfectly okay with this.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I would be perfectly okay with this.
Where's the Like button?
Old 06-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Most everybody seems to be talking about Stevie going back to FM, yet not much is said in regards to Lindsey going back to FM.

So I'm curious - what do Ledgies who are mainly Lindsey fan's think of him switching from his solo stage back to FM?
Old 06-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Most everybody seems to be talking about Stevie going back to FM, yet not much is said in regards to Lindsey going back to FM.

So I'm curious - what do Ledgies who are mainly Lindsey fan's think of him switching from his solo stage back to FM?
He belongs with the Mac. They all do.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

you are very nice to ask.

told Lindsey that if he *must* go back to big machine next year, to at least consider adding Walk A Thin Line to the set. he seemed to have liked that suggestion a lot... and it was still stuck in his head the next day. hope he still remembers it when they start putting together the setlist.

(aren't these m&gs great?? how many times have i written in different threads here and everywhere else how much i want to hear WATL live?! and finally had a chance to talk to him about it in person. )
Old 06-19-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you are very nice to ask.

told Lindsey that if he *must* go back to big machine next year, to at least consider adding Walk A Thin Line to the set. he seemed to have liked that suggestion a lot... and it was still stuck in his head the next day. hope he still remembers it when they start putting together the setlist.

(aren't these m&gs great?? how many times have i written in different threads here and everywhere else how much i want to hear WATL live?! and finally had a chance to talk to him about it in person. )
Elle, tell him I want to hear "That's All For Everyone"!!
Old 06-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess it's not too late yet for them to record a new album. They really should make one.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Elle, tell him I want to hear "That's All For Everyone"!!
lol. he's back in Cali. and *i* don't like TAFE ... maybe he comes somewhere close to you on his next tour leg so you can tell him?
Old 06-19-2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
lol. he's back in Cali. and *i* don't like TAFE ... maybe he comes somewhere close to you on his next tour leg so you can tell him?
Actually I don't live far from him. Probably about 10 miles or so. I'll tell him to play both tunes..
Old 06-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwebster View Post
I guess it's not too late yet for them to record a new album. They really should make one.
I completely agree!

Quote:

I'm fine with it. I really want to see at least one more FM album!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It would be so easy to make an album. 5 songs each. 10 songs. That's an album. That's all you need. They already have 5 songs each in the can.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
It would be so easy to make an album. 5 songs each. 10 songs. That's an album. That's all you need. They already have 5 songs each in the can.
I don't think their problem is writing songs. They both must have countless songs in the vault somewhere. Their problem is getting everyone in the same place for long enough to record but not for so long that it doesn't lead to them all falling out.