Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Undercover.com.au

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=9001

Fleetwood Mac Aussie Dates Leaked
by Paul Cashmere - August 15 2009
photo by Ros O'Gorman

The Fleetwood Mac Australian tour is one of the worst kept secrets in the music industry.

An official announcement has not been made, yet one of the entourage has placed the dates on their MySpace.

Fleetwood Mac will tour Australia and New Zealand in December after the European tour.

Unofficially, but in the interests of Undercover readers hearing it first, dates are:

December 1 and 2, Brisbane, Entertainment Centre
December 5, Hunter Valley, Hope Estate Winery
December 7 and 8, Sydney, Acer Arena
December 11 and 12, Perth, Members Equity
December 15 and 16, Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena
December 19, New Zealand
Old 08-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^So, it's Jana who has it on her website.

http://www.myspace.com/janaandersonmusic

Dec 1 2009 8:00P
Entertainment Center Brisbane

Dec 2 2009 8:00P
Entertainment Center Brisbane

Dec 5 2009 8:00P
Hope Estate Winery Hunter Valley

Dec 7 2009 8:00P
Acer Arena Sydney

Dec 8 2009 8:00P
Acer Arena Sydney

Dec 11 2009 8:00P
Members Equity Perth

Dec 12 2009 8:00P
Members Equity Perth

Dec 15 2009 8:00P
Rod Laver Arena Melbourne

Dec 16 2009 8:00P
Rod Laver Arena Melbourne

Dec 19 2009 8:00P
I don’t know yet Christchurch maybe
Old 08-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Ledgie

Well that's good news for us here in Oz. I think they will be confirmed soon.

I'm surprised about two dates in each of the four largest cities. I am not convinced they will sell out, but I guess the promoters do their research, so hopefully I will be wrong.

The next step is see if the presales suck here like they did in the states. They were genuine when Stevie toured here in 2006 - I got a front row centre at the minute they came online - in contrast to my third row at FM's LA show in May purchased at 7.15pm on the night!
Old 08-16-2009, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
Well that's good news for us here in Oz. I think they will be confirmed soon.

I'm surprised about two dates in each of the four largest cities. I am not convinced they will sell out, but I guess the promoters do their research, so hopefully I will be wrong.

The next step is see if the presales suck here like they did in the states. They were genuine when Stevie toured here in 2006 - I got a front row centre at the minute they came online - in contrast to my third row at FM's LA show in May purchased at 7.15pm on the night!
i got front row for stevie too at the presale
and i was LATE haha stupid work or wotever i was doing at the time
i hope theres a few more shows
or im gonna be flying to Noo Zelund
Old 08-16-2009, 05:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well... there goes the plans for the homebake festival on the 5th of december that we were goingt o be buying tickets for tomorrow morning at 9am! And there goes the cruise that we were going to be going on December 9th for 7 nights....
WOOHOO!!
Here we go again! And.. i tell you, they'd better not be burnt out by the time they get to us!
Old 08-16-2009, 07:38 PM
Junior Ledgie

i see no adelaide date...and 1 winery...they did this last time they announced an adelaide show at the last friggin minute...after i spent all the money on the interstate shows...its annoying
Old 08-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

I'm SOOO excited for all of my Ledgie buddies in Oz and New Zealand, as well as the UK and Europe- as finally they get to see FM there! I know for a few friend's - they've already told me that FM hasn't been to their state since 1980, so I'm SO happy for everyone.. I, too hope that they aren't burnt out when they get out there! I'm starting to get a little pumped again, as they will be touring in another 10 weeks? So I sure hope they are getting some good R & R in there now..

Hugs,

Arlene
xoxoxo

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 08-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviefan49 View Post
I'm SOOO excited for all of my Ledgie buddies in Oz and New Zealand, as well as the UK and Europe- as finally they get to see FM there! I know for a few friend's - they've already told me that FM hasn't been to their state since 1980, so I'm SO happy for everyone.. I, too hope that they aren't burnt out when they get out there! I'm starting to get a little pumped again, as they will be touring in another 10 weeks? So I sure hope they are getting some good R & R in there now..

Hugs,

Arlene
xoxoxo
First of all Arlene, you should post more.
Hopefully they are in secret rehearsals changing up their set list a bit. Adding and subtracting. Hopefully.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Daily Telegraph

People want more value from entertainment."

Promoters could end up out of pocket if bidding wars continue to drive fees for marquee acts over guarantees of more than $1 million per show.

Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, The Eagles, Neil Diamond and U2 are all being courted to tour Australia in 2010.

Fleetwood Mac have leaked their Australian summer concert dates which includes shows at the Hope Estate Winery on December 5 and Acer Arena on December 7 and 8.

All promoters will keep a close eye on Fleetwood Mac's ticket price and how quickly the shows sell to determine whether the demand for nostalgia acts remains high.

While Chugg is confident the Pearl Jam concert will sell out before the band land in town, there are still plenty of tickets to most tours already announced.

Pop acts such as Beyonce and Britney Spears and rock band Green Day still haven't posted sold-out signs on their upcoming tours.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ent...-1225763029234
Old 08-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacejunky View Post
i see no adelaide date...and 1 winery...they did this last time they announced an adelaide show at the last friggin minute...after i spent all the money on the interstate shows...its annoying
i did that for Kiss mY Brass in 2005
i bought tickets for Bette's melbourne show
coz there was no adelaide one
and then like a week later there was

i always go to shows in melb AND adel tho
so...if there's no adel show, i will just go to sydney or something instead
we should totally catch up
Old 08-17-2009, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac on the way

Daile Pepper
August 18, 2009 - 10:24AM
The rumoured arrival of Fleetwood Mac on West Australian shores appears to be true, with the band believed to be playing at Member's Equity Stadium on December 11 and 12.

The band are gearing up for their Unleashed greatest hits tour, with fans hoping a New Zealand and Australian leg will be confirmed.

It seems some more big musical acts could also be headed to Perth later this year - that's if some cryptic clues delivered by the management of Member's Equity Stadium at a recent event are anything to go by.

Allia Venue Management chief executive officer Peter Bauchop addressed a crowd of sports representatives assembled for a night of celebration at the venue hinting at big things to come. And the events had nothing to do with sport.

"I don't want to spread any rumours, and I would much rather stay alive, than take the glory and the consequences," he said.

He told the crowd the months of November and December would be huge for the arena, but insisted that he was only joking around and could not confirm anything.

But the guessing games started with hopes that his reference to "rumours" referred to Fleetwood Mac's legendary album,"stay alive" to Pearl Jam's hit Alive and "take the glory" to Badly Drawn Boy.

Pearl Jam is playing at the stadium on November 14. Tickets are on sale now.

There is now a list of major acts heading for the city, including Beyonce, Marilyn Manson, Britney Spears, Greenday and ACDC.

http://www.watoday.com.au/entertainm...0818-eoed.html
Old 08-17-2009, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac Australia Tour Tickets Presale: Myer One First 5 Rows

Posted by Vivienne at 5:52 PM . Aug 17, 2009
Labels: 2009 Fleetwood Mac Tour

So much speculation about the Australian and New Zealand Fleetwood Mac concert dates wraps up today with a presale open now on the Myer One Box Office site, apparently. Dates currently available for shows in Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Hunter Valley (winery venue). Tickets are billed as first 5 rows and range from $210 for "B Reserve" to minimum $714 for "Front Row Reserve". The venues include most posted last weekend on back-up singer Jana Anderson's MySpace page but the dates differ. In fact, the show schedule posted on Myer One's presale matches the opening dates my cryptic tipster gave me: December 1 and 2 in Melbourne.

Here are the dates from Myer One:

December 1 & 2, Rod Laver Arena, MELBOURNE
December 5, Hunter Valley Hope Estate Winery, POKOLBIN NSW
December 7 & 8, Acer Arena, SYDNEY
December 11 & 12, Me Bank Stadium, PERTH
December 15 & 16, Brisbane Entertainment Centre, BOONDALL QLD

The dates previously on Jana's MySpace have been removed, but they were:

December 1 and 2, Brisbane, Entertainment Center
December 5, Hunter Valley, Hope Estate Winery
December 7 and 8, Sydney, Acer Arena
December 11 and 12, Perth, Members Equity
December 15 and 16, Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena
December 19, New Zealand - possibly Christchurch

So it looks like only a Melbourne/Brisbane switch and another announcement to follow for a NZ show.

Being in the U.S., I don't have any experience with ticket brokers downunder so please do your research before purchasing from the link posted. Has anyone purchased from Myer One already? It's weird that both Ticketmaster NZ, Ticketmaster AU, Ticketek AU and LiveNation AU still have their Fleetwood Mac wait lists up as of this writing with no mention of tour dates, let alone presale. Go figure? Guess brokers in Australia really do have the inside track.

http://www.stevie-nicks-news.com/200...r-tickets.html
Old 08-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac's Day on the Green? Australia Winery Concert Rumors

Australia's HeraldSun reports rumors of Fleetwood Mac booking arena and 'winery' venues this December. Huh? To a Californian like me, this conjures a wonderful scene of wine tasting and vineyard hopping with Fleetwood Mac leading the way. Well, not too far off apparently.

My Twitter friend Mark Cox schooled me on Australia and New Zealand's winery concert venues. "A Day on the Green" is the lingo used to describe such events at select wineries in New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia as well as five wineries in New Zealand. The website banner says, "Listen up! Tour announcements imminent!" telling visitors to sign up for show notifications.

The open-air venues will host the likes of The B-52's with The Proclaimers in November and Rob Thomas next February. It seems there's not been a band of iconic status such as Fleetwood Mac perform A Day on the Green and there's much buzz about the rumors among fans of the winery venues. Oh, and unlimited wine is included in the ticket price, which undoubtedly ratchets it up a few levels.

We know of Mick's love of wine and his own Private Cellar label. Is that a connection with the winery shows? So curious. I hope it happens. I'll be jelly. Fleetwood Mac in the fresh air with unlimited wine is enough to make any fan jealous of another. Woot?

*I also got a cryptic tip that Fleetwood Mac's Australian Unleashed tour leg will begin in Melbourne on December 1, 2009, with shows around the country until December 18th. Guess we'll see how credible that is soon enough.

http://www.stevie-nicks-news.com/200...australia.html
Old 08-18-2009, 01:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I got an email late yesterday afternoon notifying of the presale through Preferred Seating. Same deal as Myer One, first five rows for sale, up to $715 (US$590). Oddly enough though the pre-sale doesn't seem to come up on any of the sites if you go to them directly. And the dates haven't been released officially anywhere else, including on Ticketek, which seems very strange.

Anyway, ever since I've been contemplating whether or not I should grab two front row tickets now. To be honest, $715 is a fair bit more than I would've hoped to have paid, and part of me objects to paying such a price to see any band from the first few rows, FM or not.

But then, this will likely be my first and only opportunity to see FM here in Australia, and I'm thinking I should just do it. I can see myself not scoring anything in the first few rows if I wait it out to the public sale, and then I'll be kicking myself for not having as great a seat a I could. I'm also fortunately at a time when I can actually afford the ticket without too much heartache.

Any sage advice from the experienced FM concert-goers? Is securing a front row seat worth the extra money? Or should I hold out and see what comes up through the regular channels?

Gah! I find ticket purchases so stressful!
Old 08-18-2009, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle View Post

Any sage advice from the experienced FM concert-goers? Is securing a front row seat worth the extra money? Or should I hold out and see what comes up through the regular channels?

Gah! I find ticket purchases so stressful!
SO worth it. I had front row center for the Oakland show (my ticket literally said "Row: 1 Seat: 1") and it was absolutely phenomenal. Since they took all the security out towards the stage, I literally had my elbows on the stage the entire night, 5 feet from Stevie. However, I don't know if they're doing it there like they did here-- the first 10 rows were all allowed to walk up to the stage so it was all a matter of getting there before other people did.