User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
But for me the burning question is this. Does the main feature sound any different to how it did on the 2004 remaster?
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post
If you mean the actual Rumours album itself, then no, at least not to me. It sounds exactly like the 2004 reissue. Even "Silver Springs" is the same version as on the 2004 reissue, and not the single mix, even though it's identified as a B-side in the liner notes. The only difference is that this song is tacked onto the end after "Gold Dust Woman".

Not sure if the difference is due to listening to the mp3 rip of the 2004 re-issue & having the "mixed/mastered FOR iTunes" 2013 version; but I thought the new version sounds light years better than the 2004 re-issue. I actually sat down and PURPOSELY listened to the album all the way through both versions. (although I did flip-flop "Songbird" & "Silver Springs" in the running order of the new version)

Again, it's incredibly difficult for me to say nice things about Rumours, but I thought the new version sounded great. Heard things in the songs I never heard before on any other version.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Not sure if the difference is due to listening to the mp3 rip of the 2004 re-issue & having the "mixed/mastered FOR iTunes" 2013 version; but I thought the new version sounds light years better than the 2004 re-issue. I actually sat down and PURPOSELY listened to the album all the way through both versions. (although I did flip-flop "Songbird" & "Silver Springs" in the running order of the new version)

Again, it's incredibly difficult for me to say nice things about Rumours, but I thought the new version sounded great. Heard things in the songs I never heard before on any other version.
Like what?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Pickin my deluxe set up from the record store tomorrow - special order. Whoot! Didn't wanna wait for Amazon. My co-worker let me listen to his iPad yesterday, it had all the cuts on there from Spotify. There were several "gems" for me, such as The Chain demo. Don't recall ever having heard that before, but then again, these days - my recollector seems to be a bit worn out. Co-worker gave me heck for not simply downloading all the cuts on account of the high price of the full-meal-deal. If Spotify had the DVD available for download, I probably would have gone for that.Thanks for all the reviews and info - I had been waiting to hear about it before making my decision to buy. Between this, and other threads here, and my co-worker's iPad - I simply could not resist!!!

Last edited by desertangel; 01-31-2013 at 09:48 PM..
Old 01-31-2013, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
The chain trilogy is the highlight of this disc and the whole reissue. I agree with others in being puzzled how none of this made the 04 version but this is well worth the wait. Gave us a great gift we didn't know we had to look forward to in 2013. And I love how they all follow each other. I will say I might like the mumbled Christine singing to hearing the actual words. I'm shocked no one has mentions the reapperence of the if you ever did believe lyrics at the end of the chain. She sang those lyrics in every demo she did that year apparently. But it fits the end of this song way better then at the end of that gold dust woman demo.
We discussed this in the thread specific to the song in the Stevie forum, I think. But yeah, it seems like a piece she really wanted to use but didn't know exactly where it should go - so she just kept adding it onto everything. I think it fits best on the end of If You Ever Did Believe like it ultimately ended up, but it definitely is a better match hear than it is on GDW.

Quote:
The rest of this disc is not shabby at all. I love the addition of Stevies vocals on NGBA and the lack of her vocals on IDWTK.
Some of the flourishes on NGBA - the electric guitar, the awesome intro, etc - are really amazing. I am glad in a way that they weren't on the official release because the simplicity is part of the beauty, but I'm also very glad we got to hear them.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile Finally bought this collection...

I finally got this today for my upcoming birthday. I absolutely love and adore this set sooo much. This is my first FM record album. It's so cool sitting there playing it on a record player like so many did back in '77.

Listening to the live album right now - Oh Daddy....
Old 06-18-2013, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
I finally got this today for my upcoming birthday. I absolutely love and adore this set sooo much. This is my first FM record album. It's so cool sitting there playing it on a record player like so many did back in '77.

Wow Thats nice.Vinyl is the best.They can take the CDs and mp3's and shove them.

I must have about 6 dozen plus copies of Rumours on vinyl.I can add the new one when i get it.

I just picked up another load of vinyl from the guy up the street last week .I must of got over 750 plus albums from him already.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-19-2013, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post

Congratulations! I was listening to vinyl last night, too, and Rumours sounds stunning. I love that inky dark silence at the beginning of a new, clean record.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 08-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Austin Chronicle
http://www.austinchronicle.com/music...eluxe-edition/

Rumours Deluxe Edition (Warner Bros. / Rhino)

Reviewed by Raoul Hernandez, Fri., Aug. 16, 2013

In the parlance of Californication, ****ing and punching. Rock & roll's ultimate breakup album – four of five group members rending a pair of intraband partnerships and the fifth, founding drummer Mick Fleetwood, about to sunder his own marriage by taking up with Stevie Nicks – endures because it storms romantic volatility through a prism of rockstar sex, drugs, and a Beatlesque triad of singer-songwriters. Christine McVie's sweet spot ("Songbird") between the he said/she said of the UK survivors' adopted Left Coast folk-pop duo, Buckingham ("Never Going Back Again") and Nicks ("I Don't Want to Know"), melts into layers of acoustic urgency and electric hush as animated by Fleetwood and John McVie's heart-valve rhythms. The No. 8 bestseller of all time appended an hour's worth of outtakes and demos to the 2004 reissue (Nicks' early "Gold Dust Woman"), a trove now doubled on this 4-CD/DVD/vinyl LP set, including un-ironic Lindsey/Stevie duet "Doesn't Anything Last." An hour live on the ensuing world tour fills out the fourth disc, well-scrubbed to start – Christine McVie's "Oh Daddy," a slice of English balladry fit for Westminster Abbey – but exploding on Nicks' eight-minute spook and spell "Rhiannon," from Rumours' eponymous precursor. Finally, a 30-minute video promo finds the 1977 quintet on a soundstage crackling through the hits, though an unidentified bowl appearance with high-flying Lindsey Buckingham guitar showcase "I'm So Afraid" borders on acid rock.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From Yahoo New Zealand

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/enterta...chart-results/

Fleetwood Mac also enjoyed a comeback with the album "25 Years: The Chain" sitting at #1 for two weeks. The 1997 hit "Rumours" also nabbed a Top 10 place in the Singles Chart after a 33 year absence. The 1960s rock-group finishes the year claiming two spots on the final Albums Chart; #9 with "25 Years: The Chain Box Set" and #35 with "Rumours: 35th Anniversary Edition".
Old 12-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
From Yahoo New Zealand

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/enterta...chart-results/

Fleetwood Mac also enjoyed a comeback with the album "25 Years: The Chain" sitting at #1 for two weeks. The 1997 hit "Rumours" also nabbed a Top 10 place in the Singles Chart after a 33 year absence. The 1960s rock-group finishes the year claiming two spots on the final Albums Chart; #9 with "25 Years: The Chain Box Set" and #35 with "Rumours: 35th Anniversary Edition".
Whoever wrote the article must be seriously lazy..."1997 hit Rumours" (only 20 yrs off) "1960's rock group" They were a blues band until the early 70's Its' nice that they are getting some press but this is one of the worst write ups I've seen lately (fact wise)...This was asked in another thread but do the reissues count as "rumours" sales or is it just the original release that counts...