The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Couple more things to throw out there on this subject...

-Stevie may have had to have abortions due to not being able to carry to term.
-Based on staetements by Matt Baumann, director of the DR doc, about the recording of GB, it is safe to assume Stevie lost/aborted/miscarried whatever a child with Lindsey. I don't think that's too shocking, given their time together.

Last edited by CADreaming; 09-13-2010 at 10:28 PM..
Old 09-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the bluntness of the title.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorraineRN View Post
In medical terminology there is no such term as a "miscarriage". The medical term is a "spontaneous abortion". In the medical field the term abortion is used for both miscarriages and abortions.
Thanks. That was the point I was trying to make to skuncles when he/she said miscarriage and abortion were two different things. I just didn't make my point clear enough.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Couple more things to throw out there on this subject...

-Stevie may have had to have abortions due to not being able to carry to term.
-Based on staetements by Matt Baumann, director of the DR doc, about the recording of GB, it is safe to assume Stevie lost/aborted/miscaaried whatever a child with Lindsey. I don't think that's too shocking, given their time together.
What statements? Also I think in the SA interview she was definently saying she had an abortion, not that she miscarried.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I think some insurance companies may need to be informed about the difference. My husband's cousin had a miscarriage and on her insurance forms, it stated the reason for her medical visit was 'abortion'.
When you have an abortion, you often have to get a DnC or diation and cuttelage procedure to scrape the uterus. Otherwise deadly infection can occur. That's probably why an insurance form would say "abortion" in the case of miscarriage, because of the billable medical procedure they have in common.

As for Stevie, if you believe the Vox article is accurate, since she said it's hard to give up four babies, I would assume she meant voluntary forfeits and not involuntary miscarriages.

But I don't think much of the article. It doesn't "sound" like Stevie to me. That's not to say I don't think Stevie might have had 4 or 40 abortions. Maybe she did. I don't know. Doesn't bother me if she did. I just don't think many of the quotes sound like anything she has said.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 09-13-2010 at 12:33 PM..
Old 09-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~GoldDustWoman~ View Post
What statements? Also I think in the SA interview she was definently saying she had an abortion, not that she miscarried.
I'm a guy, but I have to believe that if a woman had a miscarriage she would say she had a miscarriage. Stevie's a celebrity, if she had a miscarriage then she would get this outpouring of support and sympathy. Yet, if she had an abortion that has the opposite effect on some people. So I don't think she would say abortion if she meant miscarriage, if anything it would be the other way around.
The problem is there are many fans, not just of Stevie but of many celebrities, who put these people on a pedestal and don't want to think of them as having any faults. Stevie has never claimed to be a perfect angel. She has said that she lived the rock and roll life and lived it to the fullest AND she wouldn't change a thing. This is why if and when her book ever comes out I think many fans may be in for a real shock. That may also be why she keeps putting it off. For years she said when she was 60 and retired she would put the book out, but she's still going and "people still care" so she can't just yet.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kena View Post
I totally agree with you about her flaws being a draw and by being intrigued with her insecurities. Sometimes I have to remind myself that she is a real live person and not some sort of higher power. She's a rock star and I like her A LOT but she's still a person and she poops. Everyone Poops. Poop seems to put things in perspective for me.
No, Stevie doesn't poop. You are confusing her with someone else. As I told my Bible Study Teacher two weeks ago, "Stevie is one step down from God."
Old 09-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuncles View Post
I'm a guy, but I have to believe that if a woman had a miscarriage she would say she had a miscarriage. Stevie's a celebrity, if she had a miscarriage then she would get this outpouring of support and sympathy. Yet, if she had an abortion that has the opposite effect on some people. So I don't think she would say abortion if she meant miscarriage, if anything it would be the other way around.

Stevie didn't say abortion in the article. That word did not come from her.

But I take your point anyway. If the quote is accurate and she did say she gave up 4 babies, then I would have to assume that she meant abortion, not miscarriage. You never make a choice to give up a fetus when you miscarry.

Michele
Old 09-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stevie didn't say abortion in the article. That word did not come from her.

But I take your point anyway. If the quote is accurate and she did say she gave up 4 babies, then I would have to assume that she meant abortion, not miscarriage. You never make a choice to give up a fetus when you miscarry.

Michele
But, she could have been forced to terminate the pregnancies for medical reasons...I'm just saying that it's possible and maybe even probable...
Old 09-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But, she could have been forced to terminate the pregnancies for medical reasons...I'm just saying that it's possible and maybe even probable...
Not quite sure I'd go that far.
You're so like me
Old 09-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And, isn't 4 a high number of "oops" pregnancies for someone who (assuming she wasn't trying to get pregnant) was more than likely on the Pill?
Old 09-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't forget Stevie's cocaine use. I'm sure that would not be good for a fetus.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Being "too busy" is not a medical condition. Clearly her abortions were voluntary; otherwise she would have made it clear that her pregnancies ended for other reasons. What I find more puzzling than anything else is that, given the calibre of her gentlemen callers, i.e., rock groupie poon hounds, what was she thinking when she was hiding the salami without protection? And considering her familiarity with pills and her access to script-friendly docs, surely she must have had easy access to birth control pills (and for practical reasons, they would have been useful for restricting/normalizing her menstrual cycle while on the road). At least Stevie is owning her mistakes and her tough decisions in this article rather than blaming the rest of the world. Given her vaunted status and the questionable state of her mind at the time, that is rather commendable.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The posting of this article back in 1997 wreaked havoc that has come to be known to us long-time Ledgies as "The Great Ledge War of 1997".

When I saw the title of this thread, I knew exactly what was posted and it STILL sends shudders down my spine recalling those "dark, dark days". Not what the article says, but the possible reactions of relatively sane Ledgies and the faction of Stevie Nicks fans, both affectionately and simultaneously derrogatorily termed as "Chiffonheads". The volatileness of the disagreements, arguments & downright FIGHTS.

Doubt if there are still a handful of us still here who remember those days, but the memories are bad, people, VERY, VERY BAD!!
Old 09-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
The posting of this article back in 1997 wreaked havoc that has come to be known to us long-time Ledgies as "The Great Ledge War of 1997".

When I saw the title of this thread, I knew exactly what was posted and it STILL sends shudders down my spine recalling those "dark, dark days". Not what the article says, but the possible reactions of relatively sane Ledgies and the faction of Stevie Nicks fans, both affectionately and simultaneously derrogatorily termed as "Chiffonheads". The volatileness of the disagreements, arguments & downright FIGHTS.

Doubt if there are still a handful of us still here who remember those days, but the memories are bad, people, VERY, VERY BAD!!
Sounds like fun, I wish I was around back then.

Anyway, I think she did really had 4 abortions (maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less, we all know how Stevie is with numbers). She always said she wanted to be a rock & roll star and not a mother, because you can't combine the two.
She most likely was on the pill the whole time but lets not forget she was also an addict, it probably made her sloppy and all the cocaine possibly made the pill less effective.

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/