Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-03-2003, 02:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Not for Prudes

Listen, I don't mean to hog this board this week, but what can I say, you guys have inspired me with ideas.

The Tusk post and the post that mentions the spin on My Little Demon make me wonder, what are the most sexually suggestive FM song lyrics?

- Make me a woman tonight (Warm Ways)

- Won't you lay me down in the tall grass and let me do my stuff (2ndhand News)

- The loneliness of a one-night-stand is hard to take (After the Glitter Fades --- I know SN claims this is not a sexual reference, but I think that's for her parents' benefit --- Gotta love the old virgin )

- I know a guy, his name is Mick, he don't care if he ain't got no chick, he does the shake, the rattlesnake shake (Rattlesnake Shake)

Eww eww eww, I sure hope that "like a great dark wing w/in the wings of a storm" lyric is NOT a sexual reference about Mick's & Stevie's respective body parts!
I hate when my own posts make me ill.

- Jake

Last edited by darklinensuit; 05-03-2003 at 02:05 AM..
Old 05-03-2003, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I think Lindseys " think of me sweet darling everytime you don't come" should be first on the list. I still hate that song.
Old 05-03-2003, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"He made love to me,with his eyes especially"-China Doll

Pretty blatant..but there it is...

"Anywhere we can,anytime we can...(get away)-EFO

Could be seen as being about sex,lol..

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 05-03-2003, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well, I have heard rumours about what the song "Sister Honey'" refers to. I won't repeat it, however.
Old 05-03-2003, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
- Won't you lay me down in the tall grass and let me do my stuff (2ndhand News)

Before i got into the Mac i was forced to listen to Rumours cause my mom was trying to prove that Hole had ruined GDW..and SHN came on..and i heard that line and i was like "Eww...buncha sick hippies!" LOL...who are now ones of my favorite bands

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 05-03-2003, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by WelshWitchPMD
Well, I have heard rumours about what the song "Sister Honey'" refers to. I won't repeat it, however.
Oh now come on! You've got to tell the story now. I always thought Sister Honey was pretty blatantly about cocaine.
Old 05-03-2003, 12:21 PM
Ledgie

I've got an old one done back in the late 70's when Stevie was at the top of her game in the looks department that can't be beat. The song is called Tunnell of Love off of Walter Egan's album, Fundamental Roll. Stevie and Lindsey helped out by singing and playing on it. Get it if you can find it. Stevie is all over singing lead and backup. Anyway, on the song Tunnell of Love, some of the lyrics go like this....
"You are such a comfort, you are such a thrill. I'm like a volcano, ready to erupt...when you treat me to your sweet, sweet stuff." (Walter sings this all the while Stevie is fading in and out doing her trademark moaning, oohing and aahing. Lindsey meanwhile is doing some outstanding guitar work....not the normal, head on lead guitar, but making it sound sexy as hell. If someone else has heard it, help me out here. I'm not a muscian, so I don't know how to describe it.) To continue....
"When you hold me close, when you say you will....I'm anticipating, watching time go by.... You're so stimulating between your sweet, sweet thighs!"
Then the chorus goes like this----"Tunnell of Love, Tunnell of Love, ooh baby take me for a ride. Tunnell of Love, Tunnell of Love, ooh moma, take me inside!" You gotta love Stevie!!!! Bill
Old 05-03-2003, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wink Smile at You

"My walls are FLAMING"

Old 05-03-2003, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have always thought the line "I wake up alone with it all / I wake up but only to fall" from "Big Love" (the title of which could be analyzed in this thread I'm sure) is about waking up "prepared," if you know what I mean, but not having anyone in the bed to, uh, you know. Basically, wasted wood.

John

Last edited by jwys_soapbox; 05-03-2003 at 01:08 PM..
Old 05-03-2003, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation LMAO!!!

John, you could be right!! I never thought of it THAT way!! LOL

I started a thread a long time ago regarding lyrics that weren't necessarily dirty, but could be read that way...lemme see if I can find it..it was HILARIOUS!!
Old 05-03-2003, 01:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

"So slip your hand inside my glove" - Christine
Old 05-03-2003, 01:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

"Now fall down onto your knees...show us all what you can" - Lindsey
Old 05-03-2003, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
Oh now come on! You've got to tell the story now. I always thought Sister Honey was pretty blatantly about cocaine.
Well, I have heard that it is about Stevie's part of the body that starts with a V.
Old 05-03-2003, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Strange fascination --- some kind of temptation

Quote:
Originally posted by WelshWitchPMD
Well, I have heard that it is about Stevie's part of the body that starts with a V.
Never heard this before. It's nice that there's a musical partner for Tusk.

I'd remembered the "Come" lyric after I'd logged off.

I don't have Fundamental Roll, though I love Stevie on Warren Zevon & Walter Egan albums. Is it worth buying?

- Jake
Old 05-03-2003, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by jwys_soapbox
I have always thought the line "I wake up alone with it all / I wake up but only to fall" from "Big Love"... is about waking up "prepared," if you know what I mean....
I always thought that too, John, so maybe we weren't wrong!

Of course, I was around 15 when 'Tango' was released, so just about everything sounded sexual at that age!

As for other lines, how about... "I tried to tell him that his heart is in his hands," from "Violet And Blue."
Though the lyrics in the 'Enchanted' boxed-set have this line as "her heart is in his hands." To me, it sounds like "his," which inadvertantly conjurs a more sexual image.