Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-04-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Only two more dates and the tour is oooooooover!!!!!
I didn't realize her tour was over. Wonder what she will do.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
A friend gave me a copy of In Your Dreams, and I listened to it maybe 5 times, and I just couldn't get into it.
You know how I feel about her these days but I felt In Your Dreams was a very good return to form. 24K ehhh bland production.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I didn't realize her tour was over. Wonder what she will do.
She has three months to rest.

Then comes July, a very busy month:

1. That special event at Hyde Park with her favorite band and her dear friend Tom Petty
2. Then, the bday gig of her beloved friend, Don Henley
3. And last and least, that thing with FM and her friend Mick.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She has three months to rest.

Then comes July, a very busy month:

1. That special event at Hyde Park with her favorite band and her dear friend Tom Petty
2. Then, the bday gig of her beloved friend, Don Henley
3. And last and least, that thing with FM and her friend Mick.
IKR??
This is why I don't get why so many of Stevie's fans, even though I am one, are like "oh she's free!".
Like...free to do what? Perform the same songs with Tom Petty again? For his show? Sing at Don Henley's birthday party?
If she was putting together some fantastic project on her own then I could understand but this?

You could've done something that would've been very meaningful and special for YOUR band but instead you're doing these really lame, repetitive gigs that the audience (which are THEIR audiences) will enjoy sure, but everyone is gonna forget about it the second they're over.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
IKR??
This is why I don't get why so many of Stevie's fans, even though I am one, are like "oh she's free!".
Like...free to do what? Perform the same songs with Tom Petty again? For his show? Sing at Don Henley's birthday party?
If she was putting together some fantastic project on her own then I could understand but this?

You could've done something that would've been very meaningful and special for YOUR band but instead you're doing these really lame, repetitive gigs that the audience (which are THEIR audiences) will enjoy sure, but everyone is gonna forget about it the second they're over.
I guess they're happy she's free as long as she's Lindsey-free.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess they're happy she's free as long as she's Lindsey-free.
I don't get why she wants to go out with a fizzle instead of a bang.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
You know how I feel about her these days but I felt In Your Dreams was a very good return to form. 24K ehhh bland production.
I agree completely. On both counts.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I thought IYD was a fine album. The only downfalls were Cheaper Than Free (which is one of the worst things she's ever done) and the horse on the cover. That horse tried to kill me.

Other than that, I was a fan.

Michele
Old 04-07-2017, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Agree about Cheaper Than Free.
I had to take it off my itunes because it's insufferable.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They blew it on the production of 24kt. Not sure if it was the mastering process or poor mic setup during the recording, but the way her vocals were captured on a lot of the songs stink, IMO. If her vocals sounded they way they do on IYD, it would be a totally different record for me.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
They blew it on the production of 24kt. Not sure if it was the mastering process or poor mic setup during the recording, but the way her vocals were captured on a lot of the songs stink, IMO. If her vocals sounded they way they do on IYD, it would be a totally different record for me.
This. It was most likely the rushed production effort to get it done in a hurry that made it sound so raw.

Anywho, its a damn shame some of those efforts were not saved for a Mac project. I've thought it since I bought it but I still believe 24 Karat Gold (especially with that killer bass) would've been a great Mac tune. That's the thing about Stevie. When she halfasses stuff it shows but when she brings 'it' I'm always stunned in a good way. It's just I'm not blown away that much anymore, and it's depressing because I know she has it in her.

I think her newest rendition of Moonlight on tour is the only time in years I've truly been stunned again.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like the less fussy sound of 24K. I think it and IYD are her best solo albums - by far. I love every song on 24K (which never happens for me with Stevie solo). And on IYD, there 7 tracks that I think are great (3, 6-12) and 6 that I think would join her 10 best ever solo tracks (6-11).

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 04-07-2017 at 05:22 PM..
Old 04-07-2017, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I like the less fussy sound of 24K. I think it and IYD are her best solo albums - by far. I love every song on 24K (which never happens for me with Stevie solo). And on IYD, there 7 tracks that I think are great (3, 6-12) and 6 that I think would join her 10 best ever solo tracks (6-11).
...and I doubt Buckingham McVie will be better...

(prove me wrong)

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 04-07-2017 at 05:23 PM..
Old 04-07-2017, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
...and I doubt Buckingham McVie will be better...

(prove me wrong)
I have every reason to believe it will be great. I'm not going to play the it's better or it's worse game with Stevie records, because it's like comparing a chocolate cake to a dish of shrimp cocktail: both delicious, but very little else in common.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I have every reason to believe it will be great. I'm not going to play the it's better or it's worse game with Stevie records, because it's like comparing a chocolate cake to a dish of shrimp cocktail: both delicious, but very little else in common.
Yes you are absolutely correct. They are different animals in solo form.

However, I can't help but always compare.

I never would have ranked any Stevie album with Lindsey, Danny, Jeremy solo until these last two records - which I think are the best two Mac solo records ever.

So, for me, the race is on.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 04-07-2017 at 05:39 PM..