User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-30-2006, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998
My curiosity has gotten the best of me. Thanks for the break.

Paula, what the hell is Sister of the Boob? Did that have to do with someone pinching Stevie's boob in a poster???
I can't remember exactly how it started, but during the SYW tour, there were so many people posting pics they had taken & Stevie's ta-ta's were very visible in most of them. It was brought up in a thread (by me? Suze? Amber? not sure) and as soon as one person mentioned it, everyone started replying that they noticed her boobs too.

Yes, we were/are aware that she had put on a few pounds, and yes we were/are aware that the girls are squashed up with much help from bras & corset & such. BUT - they looked great! I wasn't sure why I was so enthralled with her chest, but I was & so were other straight gals here. So, I wrote a parody to Sister of the Moon & made up a club for us gals. Then, of course some of the gays wanted in (the gays love me, you know), so I made them brothers of the boob. It's not really a club, there's no special jacket or anything (although, that would be way cool...) but it kind of stuck & here we are.

I just looked for my song, but I think it's gone, swept away when they cleaned out The Ledge of old posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
My question is for...Paula -
are you really happily married? Why don't you guys get bored? How have you stayed together for so long? Do you laugh a lot together? Do you give each other lots of space? What's the deal?
1 - No, not really
2 - We're bored out of our minds
3 - No clue
4 - Yes, but we're laughing at eachother, not with
5 - I like space, planets are cool.

OK, OK. Yes! I am truly very happily married. When we got together, we weren't expecting it - neither of us was looking for a long term relationship, since I had just ditched my boyfriend of 3 years & Mark had just gotten out of the Navy (both things happened a few months before we got together.) We had actually met a few years earlier, my ex & he had mutual friends, so it wasn't like he picked me up in a bar or anything - I've known him since I was 16.

I actually planned on hooking him up with my friend & she didn't show . We started hanging out more & more & it just happened. Been together almost 12 years now. And of course you get bored sometimes, but in general we have really similar interests so we have a great time. But we do have enough differences that we can do our own thing too & not be smothered. Damned if he wants to watch old Mac videos with me, and damned if I want to watch him play a video game, so that works out pretty well. We laugh a lot (with AND at eachother) and I feel really lucky to be so happy with my life.

I hope that covered it. I know you probably still don't get it, but I tried.

Stew - what was the last concert you attended? Have you always had problems going out in public places, or did it develop over time? Is your partner understanding about it?
Old 04-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
OK, OK. Yes! I am truly very happily married. When we got together, we weren't expecting it - neither of us was looking for a long term relationship, since I had just ditched my boyfriend of 3 years & Mark had just gotten out of the Navy (both things happened a few months before we got together.) We had actually met a few years earlier, my ex & he had mutual friends, so it wasn't like he picked me up in a bar or anything - I've known him since I was 16.

I actually planned on hooking him up with my friend & she didn't show . We started hanging out more & more & it just happened. Been together almost 12 years now. And of course you get bored sometimes, but in general we have really similar interests so we have a great time. But we do have enough differences that we can do our own thing too & not be smothered. Damned if he wants to watch old Mac videos with me, and damned if I want to watch him play a video game, so that works out pretty well. We laugh a lot (with AND at eachother) and I feel really lucky to be so happy with my life.
~*sigh*~

I miss being married.... so happy to know you are happy, Paula!
Old 04-30-2006, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:

1 - No, not really
2 - We're bored out of our minds
3 - No clue
4 - Yes, but we're laughing at eachother, not with
5 - I like space, planets are cool.

I hope that covered it. I know you probably still don't get it, but I tried.

Stew - what was the last concert you attended? Have you always had problems going out in public places, or did it develop over time? Is your partner understanding about it?
Yeah, I remember the back story from Vegas. That was pretty interesting. I guess you answered it - it doesn't sound as complex for you guys as I thought it might be. I guess if you laugh a lot, that goes a long way, because then you aren't bored. Also, you're easy to get along with - husband probably is, too. Oh, I forgot to ask - what sign is your husband?

Lesseee...you asked Stew a question, am I supposed to ask someone else something? It looks like no one else who answered asked anyone anything.
Self absorbed son of a ledgie, they are!

Um...Strandie - are you going to NOTS?

or how about David - can I be the beneficiary in your will of all your mac stuff?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 04-30-2006, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Paula - being a nurse, what would you recommend for laryngitis? I get it every now and then and feel like I'm getting it now...and just a couple weeks from NOTS, it scares the ****take out of me...
Old 04-30-2006, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
Paula - being a nurse, what would you recommend for laryngitis? I get it every now and then and feel like I'm getting it now...and just a couple weeks from NOTS, it scares the ****take out of me...
Start sleeping and popping vitamin C like there is no tomorrow. Don't eat sugar, it suppresses the immune system (roughly the amount in a can of soda suppresses it for about 5 hours). Do not get stressed out. Practice yoga, it has amazing healing properties. Eat some walnuts, and some broccoli. Whispering is worse for your voice than talking softly.
Yes, I have changed my name to Paula-the-nurse.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 04-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
The last concert I attended was also the first concert I attended. It was Fleetwood Mac at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh, on November 19th, 1990.

(Here's my ticket....)

I've attended "Concerts In The Park" by local bands here in my town, and last year I attended a small performance by the Pittsburgh Symphony at a church also here in my town (it was a performance to announce the PSO's involvement with the Performing Arts Center being built here), but the Mac show was the biggest concert I've ever attended.

I've had anxiety problems since I was around 12 or 13, and really didn't like to go many places, but it didn't become extremely serious until I was around 18, when the agoraphobic tendencies really kicked in. I've had ups and downs since then.

Joshua's very understanding about it, and of course I'm hoping that, in time and with his support, it will be a thing of the past. At least to any major degree.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Start sleeping and popping vitamin C like there is no tomorrow. Don't eat sugar, it suppresses the immune system (roughly the amount in a can of soda suppresses it for about 5 hours). Do not get stressed out. Practice yoga, it has amazing healing properties. Eat some walnuts, and some broccoli. Whispering is worse for your voice than talking softly.
Yes, I have changed my name to Paula-the-nurse.
thanks dear. 'ppreciate it.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
I also find myself saying "Pick up the pieces and move on" when things don't go the way I or others expect them to in life. So thank you Stevie for that little bit of wisdom.
Now I have a question for you. You are so good with graphics, is that what you do for a living? If not, then you should. Cha ching!
wisdom indeed
graphics are a small part of my current job
much more so in previous jobs ive had
i do enjoy as work...but enjoy those
i create as hobby much more

thanks for asking
Old 04-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Amber,

With you having over 19,000 posts on the Ledge now, can I ask you.. Are the plastic keys on your computer keyboard all shiny and worn in yet?

ChiliD,

Have you got the nut replaced on your Model 1 as you were meaning to do two years back?

Old 04-30-2006, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
Amber,

With you having over 19,000 posts on the Ledge now, can I ask you.. Are the plastic keys on your computer keyboard all shiny and worn in yet?

ChiliD,

Have you got the nut replaced on your Model 1 as you were meaning to do two years back?

The letters wore off pretty long ago, good thing I know how to type. I have b,v,x,z,j,g,q,/....and all the non letter keys.

Old 04-30-2006, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The letters wore off pretty long ago, good thing I know how to type. I have b,v,x,z,j,g,q,/....and all the non letter keys.
That's some serious finger talkin'!!
Old 04-30-2006, 06:48 PM
ragandbone
This message has been deleted by ragandbone. Reason: off topic
Old 04-30-2006, 11:48 PM
ragandbone
This message has been deleted by ragandbone.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragandbone
Oh crap-I don't want to be the threadkiller!
Yes, because the stigma will haunt you the rest of your life, everyone in the world will remember, and you will be cast out of the ledge because you just had to give health advice.

Don't worry - someone will look tomorrow. I guess it would be nice if you asked a ledgie a question, but I'm neither the boss of you or the boss of the ledge. If you still feel the need for support, talk to macfanken.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Amber

I am not going to NOTS

I have to go to a wedding instead. But, I will be there in spirit.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
ChiliD,

No. I just started using larger strings (a .12 for the high E, now...man, do I get some killer TONE with those bigger strings!!! Of course, they kill the fingers...trying to do a Danny Kirwan-like bend with a .12 E string?!? That's just nuts!)
Old 05-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Amber

I am not going to NOTS

I have to go to a wedding instead. But, I will be there in spirit.
I'm sorry. I'm not going either, but I'm there in spirit every day.