User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-28-2005, 03:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
You probably notice it more than anyone else.
This is true. I had something happen tonight that sort of irked me. Since I lost my job in mid-March, I've been cooking balanced dinners and eating only rice crispies for breakfast. I've also cut out all sweets. Well, I never bought sweets, but they almost littered my old office, and I'm a man of very little will power. I've also cut out Ginger Ale, beer, fast foods, high fatty foods, snacks, and have seriously cut down on carbs (though I'm not on Adkins). The end result is that I've actually lost twenty pounds in the last two months. So, I went to a bar to see two friends play in their new bands tonight. Most of the gang was there. Nobody noticed. God, I feel like honkin' down Twinkies and beer right now. So, don't worry. Not only will they not notice, they won't care!

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 05-28-2005 at 03:43 AM..
Old 05-28-2005, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I put on at least 15 pounds. I was really depressed this year, and I would hardly eat. Now that I'm better, I'm putting on all the weight I lost. See, I'M fat. Deanna, you're far from fat. Believe me.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy Deanna...

I know how ya feel. When I went to England in November/December 2003, I was about 140 or something (I'm 5 foot 1 inch tall), not fat, but needed to tone up. I came home at 125 or something and at Christmas, all I heard was "OMG, you've lost weight, you look great!" I bought clothes in London because the jeans I took over were getting way too big. I went to the Salvation Army the day before I left to donate my old clothes.

Well, fast forward...and now, I'm back up to 140 (just now weighed. LOL). If I could get into some sort of routine, I'd lose weight. Walking worked big time for me in England. I've never walked that much in my life. LOL I ate less (and better) too. I'm good at starting to exercise, but then quitting for whatever reason.

I had a bad habit of snacking at like 11PM not long ago...cut that out. I still snack, but not late at night. Love me some chips, chocolate, Pepsi. Also, I don't eat chips out of the bag, I put some on a paper towel, so I won't eat too many. I buy huge chocolate bars (from Cracker Barrel) and eat a few squares only.

I wish I could eat fruit. When I eat oranges, bananas, watermelon, canteloupe or whatever, my throat closes up and my chest hurts. I think it's the pesticides or something I'm allergic to. Perhaps I could try organic foods.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
This is true. I had something happen tonight that sort of irked me. Since I lost my job in mid-March, I've been cooking balanced dinners and eating only rice crispies for breakfast. I've also cut out all sweets. Well, I never bought sweets, but they almost littered my old office, and I'm a man of very little will power. I've also cut out Ginger Ale, beer, fast foods, high fatty foods, snacks, and have seriously cut down on carbs (though I'm not on Adkins). The end result is that I've actually lost twenty pounds in the last two months. So, I went to a bar to see two friends play in their new bands tonight. Most of the gang was there. Nobody noticed. God, I feel like honkin' down Twinkies and beer right now. So, don't worry. Not only will they not notice, they won't care!
Exactly. I ride a 25 pound roller coaster. I want to weigh 160, and my body wants me to weigh 180/185. I can be 160, but it means being hungry ALL the time! And, while I care a little- and no one should allow themselves to be OBESE- life's too short to go around hungry all the time!!!!! I feel we should enjoy life, not torture ourselves into looking like some screwed up view of what society deems we must look like.
And, at the end of the day, no one's going to love you anymore because you're 20 pounds lighter.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Deanna,
Don't feel bad. I bought a swimsuit and I took it home to try it on. I guess that I did not get the memo that I was fat. Anyway that is going back this weekend. I bought it right before my Vegas trip. I did lose some while walking miles in Vegas, however. Even though I ate pretty well at the buffets I really did not snack like I did at home. Well not too much.
I think that if you have an activity that keeps you busy you are less likely to hit those cupcakes and chips. Walking is a really good way to lose weight. When I was taking that photography class I was too busy going out and walking around to stay home and eat. When I did get home I was busy editing my photos and I just did not feel like snacking that much. I have to say that I felt really good. I have to get back into it. The last month was crazy. I did not have any car from May1st to May16th. I came home from Vegas sick and to some awful weather here in RI. Hopefully we will get some nice weather and I can get some nice photos. I did get a few in Vegas that I will post later.
Anyway, I really think that your brain (well mine does) needs to find an activity to focus on so that you don't get bored and then find a need to compensate by eating junk. Work or sitting at the computer is NOT an activity because all I want to do is EAT!
Old 05-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Exactly. I ride a 25 pound roller coaster. I want to weigh 160, and my body wants me to weigh 180/185. I can be 160, but it means being hungry ALL the time! And, while I care a little- and no one should allow themselves to be OBESE- life's too short to go around hungry all the time!!!!! I feel we should enjoy life, not torture ourselves into looking like some screwed up view of what society deems we must look like.
And, at the end of the day, no one's going to love you anymore because you're 20 pounds lighter.
I couldn't agree more! That's basically what I've been trying to say, but you said it much better!
Old 05-28-2005, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Hmm, actually, I always think my life's too short not to look hot, and good in a swimsuit.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-28-2005, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
Deanna,
Don't feel bad. I bought a swimsuit and I took it home to try it on. I guess that I did not get the memo that I was fat. Anyway that is going back this weekend. I bought it right before my Vegas trip. I did lose some while walking miles in Vegas, however. Even though I ate pretty well at the buffets I really did not snack like I did at home. Well not too much.
I think that if you have an activity that keeps you busy you are less likely to hit those cupcakes and chips. Walking is a really good way to lose weight. When I was taking that photography class I was too busy going out and walking around to stay home and eat. When I did get home I was busy editing my photos and I just did not feel like snacking that much. I have to say that I felt really good. I have to get back into it. The last month was crazy. I did not have any car from May1st to May16th. I came home from Vegas sick and to some awful weather here in RI. Hopefully we will get some nice weather and I can get some nice photos. I did get a few in Vegas that I will post later.
Anyway, I really think that your brain (well mine does) needs to find an activity to focus on so that you don't get bored and then find a need to compensate by eating junk. Work or sitting at the computer is NOT an activity because all I want to do is EAT!

Yeah - I think a hobby would definitely help. I will be bringing my bike back from New Mexico - so hopefully that will help a little...

I did go to the gym today - then I went to Kohl's and bought some Capri pants that actually fit me...

I'm feeling a bit better today - after a nice workout and then I walked my dog - life IS too short to deprive myself of foods and things I lov e- I just need to learn to not overdo it.

BTW - I'm reading a hilarious book called, "I'm Not the New Me" by Wendy McClure who also writes for Television Without Pity...

It's GREAT for anyone who has ever struggled with weight
Old 05-28-2005, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
I know how ya feel. When I went to England in November/December 2003, I was about 140 or something (I'm 5 foot 1 inch tall), not fat, but needed to tone up. I came home at 125 or something and at Christmas, all I heard was "OMG, you've lost weight, you look great!" I bought clothes in London because the jeans I took over were getting way too big. I went to the Salvation Army the day before I left to donate my old clothes.

Well, fast forward...and now, I'm back up to 140 (just now weighed. LOL). If I could get into some sort of routine, I'd lose weight. Walking worked big time for me in England. I've never walked that much in my life. LOL I ate less (and better) too. I'm good at starting to exercise, but then quitting for whatever reason.

I had a bad habit of snacking at like 11PM not long ago...cut that out. I still snack, but not late at night. Love me some chips, chocolate, Pepsi. Also, I don't eat chips out of the bag, I put some on a paper towel, so I won't eat too many. I buy huge chocolate bars (from Cracker Barrel) and eat a few squares only.

I wish I could eat fruit. When I eat oranges, bananas, watermelon, canteloupe or whatever, my throat closes up and my chest hurts. I think it's the pesticides or something I'm allergic to. Perhaps I could try organic foods.
This is me, exactly. I have a closet full of clothes that I bought when I weighed 125, and now..... well, they look like ****, those that actually fasten.

I go back and forth with the same 15 pounds, but trouble is, the older I get, the harder it will be to lose them....it'll turn into 20-30 pounds more!!!

But, life is too short to starve, so I'll just keep on jogging and doing weights, and hopefully I won't gain any more!! I have a serious night-time snacking problem, too. I LOVE to have cookies and milk when I'm settled in front of the tv or while reading. Yesterday, I bought some of those 100 calorie snack packs of oreo (slivers, really). If I can just eat one pack, maybe this will work!!!
Old 05-28-2005, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
That sucks that no one noticed!! But, you should be proud of yourself...you've made some serious changes and that's quite an accomplishment. *pats on back*

Maybe the bar was too dark? Or maybe they noticed, but were too jealous to say anything?
Old 05-28-2005, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondaymornin1
That sucks that no one noticed!! But, you should be proud of yourself...you've made some serious changes and that's quite an accomplishment. *pats on back*

Maybe the bar was too dark? Or maybe they noticed, but were too jealous to say anything?
That might be it, Steve. They could have been thinking Damn it! He lost that weight so I should be doing that! They were too jealous to congratulate you.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
That might be it, Steve. They could have been thinking Damn it! He lost that weight so I should be doing that! They were too jealous to congratulate you.
I wish that were true. But one of my friends is Topher Grace skinny...I'll go with the bar was too dark...That'll help me sleep at night.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
I wish that were true. But one of my friends is Topher Grace skinny...I'll go with the bar was too dark...That'll help me sleep at night.
I was thinking, boys don't notice that kind of stuff anyways.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-28-2005, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Topher Grace is a REED. And he's tall, so it's very noticeable. I saw In Good Company and just wanted to phone him up to tell him to eat some protein.

Old 05-28-2005, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sure someone will notice eventually. Are you tall? If you are, it's probably just hard to notice that you've lost it. I'm very tall, so when I lost all the "extra pounds" as a teen, I had to lose quite a bit before it was noticeable that I had lost anything. And congrats!