User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2020, 05:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default At The Other End live 1990 Behind The Mask Tour CD

https://www.amazon.com/Other-End-2Cd.../dp/B07QZX1ZWV

Does anyone know if this is going to be released on iTunes?
Old 04-25-2020, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I bought it for my collection. I hope it’s good sound quality. I only have a half baked live cd from the BHTM tour. NEXT STOP MAIN ROAD which is a two cd set that includes a Stevie tour at the end.
Old 04-25-2020, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

What city was it recorded in? Is it from England? I seem to recall that is what was broadcast on the radio
Old 04-26-2020, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

CLASSIC 2CD 1990 RADIO BROADCAST FROM THE BEHIND THE MASK TOUR In 1990, Fleetwood Mac released their fifteenth studio album, Behind the Mask. With the record the band veered away from the stylised sound that Lindsay Buckingham - who had left the band in 1998 - had evolved during his tenure and developed a more adult contemporary style with producer Greg Ladanyi. The album yielded one Top 40 hit, McVie's Save Me . Behind the Mask achieved Gold album status in the US, peaking at No.18 on the Billboard album chart, though it entered the UK Albums Chart at No. 1. It received mixed reviews, but Rolling Stone magazine said that new members Rick Vito and Billy Burnette were the best thing to ever happen to Fleetwood Mac and Q magazine praised the album. The subsequent Behind the Mask tour saw the band play sold-out shows at London's Wembley Stadium. In the final show in Los Angeles, Buckingham joined the band on stage. The two women of the band, Christine McVie and Stevie Nicks, had decided that the tour would be their last (McVie's father had died during the tour), although both stated that they would still record with Fleetwood Mac. The band also played a sold-out show at Manchester s Maine Road Stadium (home to Manchester City FC at the time) which was recorded for FM Radio Broadcast both in the UK and across the US, where it was synched live on a number of US Stations. Featuring songs from the recent LP performed alongside a number of Fleetwood Mac classics - including two vintage Peter Green songs - the show featured too an extraordinary 22-minute version of Stevie Nicks World Turning which closed the show s first half.

I guess Amazon doesn't hire proofreaders. Two glaring mistakes.
Old 04-26-2020, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
Peter Green songs - the show featured too an extraordinary 22-minute version of Stevie Nicks World Turning which closed the show s first half.

I guess Amazon doesn't hire proofreaders. Two glaring mistakes.
Of course it's her song. Every song her song.

I can't even go #2 without it being about her.
Old 04-27-2020, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

Stevie actually got pissed and jealous that Lindsey wrote and sung World Turning with Christine.
*source: Mick's first book

I always hated the self drumming during the 1987 and 1990 tours. I think he also did it during the Dance tour too. The classic drum solo I can take (at least the first 2 minutes)
Old 04-27-2020, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Stevie actually got pissed and jealous that Lindsey wrote and sung World Turning with Christine.
*source: Mick's first book

I always hated the self drumming during the 1987 and 1990 tours. I think he also did it during the Dance tour too. The classic drum solo I can take (at least the first 2 minutes)
I know.

I didn't mind the old school(Mirage video) drum solos. But Vesturbation was just f*cking STUPID. And annoying. Total ego stroking for himself. Did I mention it was stupid and annoying?
Old 04-27-2020, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know.

I didn't mind the old school(Mirage video) drum solos. But Vesturbation was just f*cking STUPID. And annoying. Total ego stroking for himself. Did I mention it was stupid and annoying?
OMG!!! Vesturbation!! Haha! Post of the year for me!

Annoying, stupid, disturbing and totally unnecesary. The drum solo was fine. Vesturbation was NOT fine.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-27-2020, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
OMG!!! Vesturbation!! Haha! Post of the year for me!

Annoying, stupid, disturbing and totally unnecesary. The drum solo was fine. Vesturbation was NOT fine.
Totally just Mick trying to pretend that he's a front man. Sad and stupid.

I didn't coin Vesturbation. We used to call it that here, a long time ago. god, I've been here for 17 years(lurking longer than that). not
Old 04-28-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:

Remember when Clinton used her song for his inauguration??
Old 04-28-2020, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Remember when Clinton used her song for his inauguration??
Old Slick Willy. All politics aside, the most entertaining president we've ever had.

I thought $tevie sounded great doing her song for him!
Old 04-28-2020, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Old Slick Willy. All politics aside, the most entertaining president we've ever had.

I thought $tevie sounded great doing her song for him!
Remember it came out many years later that they played to a pre-recorded track. Michael Jackson on stage with Bill Clinton and Stevie Nicks was an odd sight to see.

not to be crude by we had not seen Stevie for awhile and I remember one comedian's quip "Who took an air hose to Stevie Nicks"
Old 04-28-2020, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Remember it came out many years later that they played to a pre-recorded track. Michael Jackson on stage with Bill Clinton and Stevie Nicks was an odd sight to see.

not to be crude by we had not seen Stevie for awhile and I remember one comedian's quip "Who took an air hose to Stevie Nicks"
I'd forgotten that it was a track.

Probably the same person who put the air hose to her massive ego.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I bought it for my collection. I hope it’s good sound quality. I only have a half baked live cd from the BHTM tour. NEXT STOP MAIN ROAD which is a two cd set that includes a Stevie tour at the end.

This is the same track listing of the above concert I have. canceled!
Old 05-03-2020, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
That is what this CD collection is.