Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
It sounded like they played it in the lower key throughout - though I am no expert on keys by any means. He looked positively pissed after it and many noticed it. To be fair, that night in Madison had previous guitar malfunctions that stopped the show twice - so maybe during the song, he realized his guitar or someone else's was out of tune. One of them sure sounded out of tune to me, but that could be the effect Tower referred to earlier. Having said all of that - it was way cool to hear it and I wish they would have kept it in the set.
Not to be mean but at one point it sounded like Mick was off time as well.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Have Stevie or Lindsey ever taken singing lessons? Because both seem to have done a lot of damage to their voices over the years.

I'm a Lindsey fan, but some people are being a bit harsh on Stevie's vocals here. It's not like Lindseys voice is what it was either.

But I suppose the real difference to me is that what Lindsey lacks in his vocals he makes up by playing some of the most angry guitar he's ever played. Stevie still has a great presence, but she does seem rather bored at times.

I think what they need to do is sleep with each other one more time.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza

I think what they need to do is sleep with each other one more time.

It always seems to heal my voice, if I can get you in my pants....
Old 02-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17

and yes Goldie - Mick seemed off as well. The song did not go over that well, though I liked it
Old 02-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
They rehearsed it - but chose not to - maybe because CM was not there.
If Chris's absense affected the songs they chose, you'd think they would've dropped World Turning.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Woman
If Chris's absense affected the songs they chose, you'd think they would've dropped World Turning.
true - but you never know with these people Plus, there is NO WAY Mick will EVER miss a chance to have the vesturbation - much to my chagrain - esp. considering another song could be played during that ten minute bathroom break
Old 02-09-2005, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Uh...

Quote:
true - but you never know with these people Plus, there is NO WAY Mick will EVER miss a chance to have the vesturbation - much to my chagrain - esp. considering another song could be played during that ten minute bathroom break
ya could play 2-3 songs in the time it takes Mick to just vestubate...Drop the solo and add more songs

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
I am sure Linds was just so disgusted with her singing during DLMDA that he insisted it be dropped. Seriously, does Stevie ever sound even remotely decent on anything she does?

Basically she should pack it in, as she has lost quite alot of her range. She is no longer talented.
That is harsh, and yes Stevie sounds more then romotely decent on most things. In my opinion, everything. If you want real bad listen to Lindsey Buckingham on everything (sans Say Goodbye) from the Say You Will tour. Stevie sounded amazing on Beautiful Child, Say Goodbye, Goodbye Baby, Sara, Landslide, Stand Back (which was the highlight at all the shows I went to). Most people argue that Rhiannon sucked this tour but when I listen to the LIB Rhiannon I think it is amazing... the last minute of that song is more passionate then anything else on the DVD, IMHO.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 02-09-2005, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Exactly. And if Lindsey is worried about his wife he can justify it by telling her that it's all for the sake of the music, or just give her the everything happens in cycles speech.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
That is harsh, and yes Stevie sounds more then romotely decent on most things. In my opinion, everything. If you want real bad listen to Lindsey Buckingham on everything (sans Say Goodbye) from the Say You Will tour. Stevie sounded amazing on Beautiful Child, Say Goodbye, Goodbye Baby, Sara, Landslide, Stand Back (which was the highlight at all the shows I went to). Most people argue that Rhiannon sucked this tour but when I listen to the LIB Rhiannon I think it is amazing... the last minute of that song is more passionate then anything else on the DVD, IMHO.

I know that Kelly loves Stevie dearly. I think her post was meant to be sarcastic.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know that Kelly loves Stevie dearly. I think her post was meant to be sarcastic.
Oops! Well, then Kelly... sorry and my post is for anyone that actually does beleive Stevie is no longer talented. The four shows I saw on the SYW tour were the best four nights of my life and it is all because of Stevie.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 02-10-2005, 05:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Is it just me or do other people not really care about the key a song is in? I'm not in to the technical details, just the basics. The only bad Stevie performance I have ever heard was the tape from the show she did with Sheryl Crow and she was drunk and couldn't remember words, and even that was at least entertaining.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tynan88
Is it just me or do other people not really care about the key a song is in? I'm not in to the technical details, just the basics. The only bad Stevie performance I have ever heard was the tape from the show she did with Sheryl Crow and she was drunk and couldn't remember words, and even that was at least entertaining.
I don't remember hearing about that performance. What show and song was it?
Old 02-10-2005, 07:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Curt

Thanks Curt! Yup, it was the "croaking her way through Rhiannon" that tossed me over the edge. I can accept Stevie's faults and she has many..but honestly some people never have anything positive to say about her.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 02-10-2005, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
Thanks Curt! Yup, it was the "croaking her way through Rhiannon" that tossed me over the edge. I can accept Stevie's faults and she has many..but honestly some people never have anything positive to say about her.
I have tons of positive things to say about Stevie. However, I'm not just going to sit around, be a sycophant and say, "Oh, Stevie, everything you do is fantabuloussssss!!!!".

I stand by my "croak" comment with regard to the end of "Rhiannon" from the SYW tour. Just plain awful.

"Beautiful Child" on the other hand, brought me to tears- it was that good.