Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Salt Lake City Show

The Salt Lake show was great. As we were waiting for the doors to open saw Lindsey, Kristen, and band pull up so that was pretty cool. First, the venue was amazing. Very small. I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants to get up front as it does not have designated seating. The entire bottom floor was standing room. At first I was little worried because it was not filling up at all. There were tables around the perimeter where people could sit and eat and then a balcony with tables. It started to fill up later, but still not at capacity. Anyway, I was able to get right at the stage to the right of Lindsey's microphone. I was able to get some pictures that and I will post some here later. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a photographer so alot of them did not come out. I also got some short movie clips that I will also post.

As for the show, it was great. Lindsey seemed much more relaxed than the Seattle show. Seems he has worked out most of the kinks so that is probably why. He was much more interactive with the crowd and seemed to be having a great time.

The set list was the same. I don't think it's going to change at this point - the set lists were taped to the speakers by Lindsey's feet and looked pretty permanent.

The speeches seemed the same. One thing that was different from Seattle was that Brett introduced Lindsey during the band introductions. Maybe he has been doing that, and I just missed it in other reviewes. Brett said it was great working with Lindsey because he was such a great musician and that he really admired Lindsey for being such a great father and husband.

I think after GYOW when Lindsey was talking someone in the crowd kept yelling "Don't Stop." I don't know if he meant the song or for Lindsey not to stop. Then he started yelling "It's not that funny, Lindsey." Lindsey got a kick out of that and started laughing. At one point some drunk girl tried to make her way up front and there was quite a pushing match in the crowd to keep her out. I don't think Lindsey saw it, but Brett looked pretty concerned. Thankfully the girl got a clue and went back to her seat.

The show was great. Those of you who have tickets to coming shows are in for a treat as I think Lindsey has relaxed a bit, which makes the show more fun.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB

Last edited by AliP; 09-23-2008 at 12:42 PM..
Old 09-23-2008, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, if he wants to continue eating, Brett has to say nice things about Lindsey, poor guy. He started doing the same thing in the middle of the UTS tour.

You know people look at the SnL contact during a concert, but Brett and Lindsey touch and hug each other 10 times more a night than Lindsey and Stevie ever thought about doing.

That's funny that someone yelled NTF at Lindsey. I'm glad it cracked him up. Sounds like the show keeps getting better and better. By the time it hits NY it will be the culmination of a terrific tour.

I loved your review. Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 09-23-2008 at 04:40 PM..
Old 09-24-2008, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are some pics from the Salt Lake show. Some turned out kind of blurry, but some turned out really good.

- LB
Old 09-24-2008, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

- LB
Old 09-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

- LB
Old 09-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

- LB
Old 09-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

these are gorgeous...thankyou!
Old 09-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is a link to a short video from the show. It's uploaded to photobucket. I will post the other video tomorrow when I have more time.

- LB
Old 09-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Holy Cow Ali!! Nice Shots!!

Last edited by MacMan; 09-25-2008 at 12:18 AM..
Old 09-25-2008, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

These are wonderful photos. Some of them look as good as any I've ever seen a professional photographer take, with their gigantic, long, triple lenses. Thank you for letting us see them.

Michele