The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i have been trying to get one of those damn "no picks" picks since the early UTS shows.

years ago, a guitar picking friend gave me a button (pin) that had that very same logo on it. i wore it all the time.. it was a great conversation piece thing that tons of people asked about. just a little reason to nerd out on guitar talk with strangers, really. it was stolen along with my bag, and i've never been able to find a replacement. ... and then in 2006, my favorite artist - the reason i don't like picks - started using a pick with that logo on it. freakin' destiny. i have got to get one.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
i have been trying to get one of those damn "no picks" picks since the early UTS shows.

years ago, a guitar picking friend gave me a button (pin) that had that very same logo on it. i wore it all the time.. it was a great conversation piece thing that tons of people asked about. just a little reason to nerd out on guitar talk with strangers, really. it was stolen along with my bag, and i've never been able to find a replacement. ... and then in 2006, my favorite artist - the reason i don't like picks - started using a pick with that logo on it. freakin' destiny. i have got to get one.
Friggin' cool story. if i can catch one, it's yours.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Friggin' cool story. if i can catch one, it's yours.
Given how quickly she jumped to your side on the other thread, I can only conclude that if you catch VD too, it'd be hers as well.

Last edited by ajmccarrell; 09-25-2008 at 11:42 PM..
Old 09-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmccarrell View Post
Given how quickly she jumped to your side on the other thread, I can only conclude that if you caught VD too, it'd be hers as well.
Always classy, this AJ...
Old 09-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Always classy, this AJ...
You bet! I'm just giving back what I see here. I see a FEW nice people and a lot of people just looking to fight over nothing.

Last edited by ajmccarrell; 09-25-2008 at 06:37 PM..
Old 09-27-2008, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmccarrell View Post
Given how quickly she jumped to your side on the other thread, I can only conclude that if you catch VD too, it'd be hers as well.
I didn't jump on anyone's side.

I listened to your music then said it sucked because it does. Sorry there's nothing more to it than "Your music = The suck."

p.s. thanks Gerald.. i appreciate the sentiment!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Soundcheck

Here are some pics from soundcheck at The Grove. Only about 8 of us there to see Lindsey and the guys run through some tracks. At soundcheck Lindsey was checking out the Grove. Saying he liked the sound better than Humphrey's in San Diego. The band didn't like the sound on stage much at all in San Diego. Lindsey also sat down right at his microphone base and just worked out (what appeared to me to be) new song structures and ideas. Never heard some of the picking he was doing.

--- GRUNO ---
www.StudioGruno.com
Old 09-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
Here are some pics from soundcheck at The Grove.

--- GRUNO ---
Great pictures. I love the camera perspective and the fact that there's no audience. It makes the venue seem so vast -- though we know it actually wasn't. Thank you. Michele
Old 09-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hey gruno just a quick question, how were you able to go for the soundcheck? I forgot if you already said why, haha
Old 09-27-2008, 11:04 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Soundcheck

The local radio station gave away 5 pairs of invites to the soundcheck. It was a last minute thing with it being announced within a week before the show. I actually do not listen to this radio station but about 1 hour a week and didn't even know they were giving these out. The day before the show, I was listening for a few minutes... they asked for the caller to win and I was it. The funny thing was that I already had a photo pass courtesy of Warner Bros. Records. Since the two didn't conflict, it was all good! In fact, I gave away all my free tickets. I had 8th row tickets I bought before. Used those.

We met at the venue well before show start. 10 people were to have been at soundcheck but there was a couple who didn't show. When the radio rep called them, the guy said he wasn't interested The rep asked us if we knew of anyone who wanted tickets and passes for the meet-n-greet. At that late notice I couldn't get anyone to the venue. The radio rep brought us in, had us take our seats and then Lindsey came out a few moments later and played some stuff by himself. He talked with us back and forth and then they ran through soundcheck. It was a great night.

--- GRUNO ---
www.StudioGruno.com
Old 09-28-2008, 04:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Just out of the Anaheim show. It was great overall, but I just wanted to quickly note Lindsey's kids. They were all there with about 8 school friends.

WOW
that was all so awesome to read
that must have been something awesome

i totally dont get that linds would be the kinda guy to do that
but that is really cool
and that the kids enjoyed themselves
even better

i am SO jealous~
Old 09-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
but that is really cool
and that the kids enjoyed themselves
even better
The kids (at least Will and Lee Lee) were there earlier in the week in Los Angeles too, but Anaheim was clearly the show where they decided to focus it on them and let them have kind of a field trip with their schoolmates.

Michele
Old 09-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The kids (at least Will and Lee Lee) were there earlier in the week in Los Angeles too, but Anaheim was clearly the show where they decided to focus it on them and let them have kind of a field trip with their schoolmates.

Michele
So cute.

I've always wondered: is the name Lee Lee two words or one (Leelee) and is that her actual name or a nickname/mddle name they use? Either way, it's cute, original, and I like it. And her? Too pretty for words- totally channeling Dakota Fanning in every film she made before she got tall.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 09-28-2008, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
So cute.

I've always wondered: is the name Lee Lee two words or one (Leelee) and is that her actual name or a nickname/mddle name they use?
Yes, I wonder that too. So often, the older sibling can't say the name, so they end up giving the baby a nick name. Like her name might be "Natalie" and Will couldn't pronounce it, so she might have ended up like that. I looked and the way her named is spelled in Lindsey's liner notes it is one word: Leelee.

In a step-family I once had, there was a little boy we called "Lee Lee" but his real name was "Milton Lee" after his dad. Since his father was "Lee" we called him "Lee Lee." But when he got old enough, he decided he wanted to be known as Milton after all.

If Miss Buckingham really is "Lee Lee" I think that's a little strange. But her parents can say to her, "You're so nice, we named you twice."

Michele
Old 09-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Lindsey has a synth pickup on a couple of his guitars, so, he might have had the bass strings routed through a synth with a bass patch.
Interesting, thanks for that. There was another song that was on the Bass Hall so I'll look for it and see if it is the guitar.

9/19/08 Anaheim