User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
Whipped? He is married. He's got kids. He's got a life outside of performing for us.

Kristen is really a big, bad, evil succubus?? Please. Lindsey didn't have to marry Kristen. I guess I just choose to believe that he really is happy but that's just me.
Srsly.

I don't see the problem here. As far as I'm concerned, meeting someone after the show is a bonus - not a requirement. It can be disappointing when they just breeze past people, but it doesn't sound like he did that, did he? It wasn't that he didn't take ANY time with anyone. Just that he didn't make it to the OP.

If he had completely ignored his wife, I wonder how many people would be screaming that he's a bad husband/father, needs to put his priorities in order, etc.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
. . . If he had completely ignored his wife, I wonder how many people would be screaming that he's a bad husband/father, needs to put his priorities in order, etc.
No too many around here

I think it is not that K said they had to leave. I think everyone is cool with that. I think it is the way she has fdor awhile now been perceived by many as being condescending and outright rude to the fans. So, in this case, I think it was more her tone, etc.

Again, the only time I ever had any interaction with her was brief but 100% pleasant.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-23-2008, 04:34 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
No too many around here

I think it is not that K said they had to leave. I think everyone is cool with that. I think it is the way she has fdor awhile now been perceived by many as being condescending and outright rude to the fans. So, in this case, I think it was more her tone, etc.

Again, the only time I ever had any interaction with her was brief but 100% pleasant.

lucky his wife isn't japanese....she gets a rough deal round here now...imagine.....
Old 09-23-2008, 05:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacejunky View Post
lucky his wife isn't japanese....she gets a rough deal round here now...imagine.....
Well, it depends and there is a long, complicated history there. Here is some background info. Many people on the SYW tour reported that K was overtly rude without cause to them. Many people on the SYW tour reported that she was doing similar and other kinds of crazy and rude things. I know some of the people saying those things and they were not really people who were blind about LB and K. Granted, some were. Many people, however, rudely discounted the reports as coming from bitter females (mostly) who just hate K because LB and La Nicks should be together and K is in the way, etc. I think those people existed at the time, but and again, I know people whose complaints I agree with because they were not that way despite being lumped together. So, to discount all the opinions as just a bunch of crazy shipper fillies (CSF - a term coined by moi ) - is incorrect and unfair in my opinion. Moreover, many of the people lumping them together were so rude about it, it was ridiculous. So, people tend to be nervous and biting on this subject.

Also, there was a bunch of stuff that people, including me, saw with their own two eyes that never really got reported on a public message board. The reason for this is - if you did, as many did in the beginning, people would have the audacity to tell you you did not see what you saw. It essentially was censorship in that the naysayers wanted the CSF never to discuss the topic and gave the CSF utter hell and personal insults if the topic was discussed in any manner. The CSF were called stupid, deluded, and irrational liars who had no life. The CSF were called other names, insulted, etc. - when all they were doing was having a discussion on a topic they found interesting.

If you go to www.buckinghamnicks.net (kudos to the lovely and talented nancy ) and do a little research on the chatboard, you'll get an eyeful

Now, almost all the CSF are gone. So, the point is relatively moot, with the exception of people who still love to bag on that faction of fans, which I think is silly.

Anyhoodle - that is just come background on this issue and why I think people act like they do on this topic.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 09-23-2008 at 06:40 AM..
Old 09-24-2008, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
No too many around here
Let me rephrase: sane people...