The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

problem with people in a wheel chair? get your hand of it mate! don't sit there and play the politically correct card on a fleetwood mac forum! and your pathetic attempt at making me look like an idiot, grow up it's the internet for **** sake!
Old 09-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltreyPFD View Post
He just dropped the pen at his wife's command and took off. In my book that's rude and a little odd.
Ok, let me say this: it isn't too odd. I'm a very nice person, no shame at all in admitting that because I think it's true. But I have a tendency to be a bit, uh, demanding to put it the nicest way possible. And some people tend to think I control my man a little. But I look at it this way: he gets everything I can offer, plus unconditional, undivided love, so is it too much to ask that he do the *few* things I ask for exactly when I ask for them? And if I complain that he doesn't listen and he's rolling his eyes, I think it's fair that he also reap the consequences of that blatant disrespect. So he has learned it's best just to appease and stop, look, listen. In the end he'll reap the benefits of his respect. Plentiful.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 09-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
hand of it mate! !

Huh?? Hand of it mate??? Where are you from? Oh that's right... "you're" from the land that could care less about disabled people.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:05 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Ok, let me say this: it isn't too odd. I'm a very nice person, no shame at all in admitting that because I think it's true. But I have a tendency to be a bit, uh, demanding to put it the nicest way possible. And some people tend to think I control my man a little. But I look at it this way: he gets everything I can offer, plus unconditional, undivided love, so is it too much to ask that he do the *few* things I ask for exactly when I ask for them? And if I complain that he doesn't listen and he's rolling his eyes, I think it's fair that he also reap the consequences of that blatant disrespect. So he has learned it's best just to appease and stop, look, listen. In the end he'll reap the benefits of his respect. Plentiful.

Nico rocks!
Old 09-17-2008, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
If she did not and he paid someone else, no wonder she's a beeyotch
Well, she was put to work this time around, but she didn't take the UTS pictures. Neal did.

Michele
Old 09-17-2008, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
At least for the cosmopolitan stops on the tour, that is (I doubt Kristen does Grand Rapids, if you know what I mean).

You don't want to know.
It reminds me of what John said about Julie and Molly:

Quote:
My girls come out on the road. They seem to enjoy New York, Chicago, Boston etc. For some reason they don't come out to places like Lincoln, Nebraska or Fargo, N. Dakota. Strange, Huh?
Michele
Old 09-18-2008, 12:43 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It reminds me of what John said about Julie and Molly:Michele
Haha, I remember that quote. It hits home because I live less than 30 minutes from Lincoln!
Old 09-18-2008, 06:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If he didn't want to sign he could have at least been cordial instead of acting rude. He just dropped the pen at his wife's command and took off. In my book that's rude and a little odd.
To me, it sounds like he wanted to sign you all's shiitte, but K put the nix on that, which is obeyed despite his willingness to sign. In other words, he was on his way over to do it and she told him no

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-18-2008, 06:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
. . . but she didn't take the UTS pictures. Neal did . . . .
That is a rather large insult to her

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-18-2008, 07:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think I have come to the conclusion that I would rather not meet anyone as there are those moments when the person you have loved, worshiped, enjoyed their muisc, whatever it maybe will not be what you thought they were and there may be a disappointment that will somehow ruin the whole ball of wax so to speak. I know lots of people have had awesome experiences and that is good but from my point of view, I would rather leave well enough alone as I am not good at handling something like this. I think I would be very disillusioned and not as enthusiastic of a fan. It takes something out of the magical feeling that surrounds someone famous. But keep in mind they are humans like you and me. Just my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
I USED to enjoy meeting musicians, but after seeing many treat their fans (Not specifically LB - Never bothered to seek an autograph from LB) as if they are a nuisance instead of realizing that the said FANS paid for their 'lavished lifestyles', I quit caring to meet 'em.

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009

Last edited by macmar71; 09-18-2008 at 07:14 AM.. Reason: added a line
Old 09-18-2008, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Huh?? Hand of it mate??? Where are you from? Oh that's right... "you're" from the land that could care less about disabled people.
Daltrey can you try to have an adult conversation?

Again, the insults are not necessary. Warning two. Care to go for three and lock the thread?

Old 09-18-2008, 07:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
Daltrey can you try to have an adult conversation?

Again, the insults are not necessary. Warning two. Care to go for three and lock the thread?

he can't even have an adult attitude about the relationship between artist and fan...don't just stop at the thread...use your ban powers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltreyPFD
Hey sands you can suck it!
anyone else gotten a similar PM?

Last edited by sands of time; 09-18-2008 at 07:30 AM..
Old 09-18-2008, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the guy who started this thread is just totally miffed about the way lindsey blanked him as a fan outside waiting to see him. I would feel the same if he did it to me.
I would hate to have travelled so far and spent so much and to get so close to a handshake just to be blanked. However as someone has said. You go to the show to see the show not to expect that lindsey will come meet you afterwards.
This a tricky one to say who is the closest to being in the right. I think this guy expected to get a lot more than he paid for but I also think lindsey was possibly somwhat rude in this case. He should have made his apologies and then at least left.
If it was me I know how much I would have meant for me to meet Lindsey. Once again as someone said "You build up this great personal image of your favourite person or idol. So when you meet them you already have these expectations almost as if they should know you too."
So maybe sometimes its best to keep the real world apart from the fantasy world because when they meet the results can be disappointing
Old 09-18-2008, 08:23 AM
Senior Ledgie

I hope when Fleetwood Mac tours, Kristine gets jealous of Stevie.
He is pussy whipped...Sorry that's how I feel. And I still think
Lindsay still loves Stevie...Kristin got knocked up and he had to marry
her....
Stevie has the power over Lindsay....
Can't wait until next year.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Oh, he will. Sorry
Old 09-18-2008, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Whipped? He is married. He's got kids. He's got a life outside of performing for us.

Kristen is really a big, bad, evil succubus?? Please. Lindsey didn't have to marry Kristen. I guess I just choose to believe that he really is happy but that's just me.