Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:56 PM
Ledgie

Default Screwed @ Royce Hall 9/14/2008

Hello fellow Fleetwood Mac fans. This is my first post and I want to preface it by saying I have been a HUGE Fleetwood Mac since 1977. I own everything from 1975 - the present. I have seen the band many times and Stevie solo. I have even seen the "Time" era incarnation of the band!! I had never seen LB live before until this past week and I was blown away!! His voice is perfect and he is one of the best guitar players I have ever seen. He is soooo underrated... hell he's not even rated! But, he is amazing. The show was a perfect mix of new songs (great), old solo songs and Fleetwood Mac songs. I absolutely give the show a 10 out of 10... so why was I "screwed"...

After the show ended I took my LP copies of "Go Insane" and "Tusk" outside and waited patiently by the tour bus for Lindsey to come out in hopes of getting an autograph. These LPs are for my personal collection. I have over 30 LPs signed, framed and displayed in my home. Everyone from Neil Diamond to Alice Cooper. It's a hobby and they look pretty cool too.

As I waited a few more fans gathered. I would say there were no more than 15 people including 2 in wheel chairs... I bring that up for what follows. After about 30 minutes LB appears. as he comes out to get in his car the fans approach... as LB begins signing (he only signed for 2 people) his wife begins to vocally oppose this impromptu autograph session... "No Lindsey! You can't do this tonight. We have to go. We have to put the kids to bed!" At that point Lindsey drops the pen and shuffles off to his car.

WTF!!! There were 15 of us!! No one was pushing everyone was polite. I have never witnessed anyone be so rude to their fans. It was truly disappointing given the fact that there was so few people waiting and to be honest... when will any of us have a chance to meet Lindsey again. This is not the way I would expect a musician of his caliber to behave especially to what he himself called a "hometown crowd." Remember Mrs. Buckingham... the mansion you are driving home to tonight was built with the hard earned $$$ that the fans have forked over for 30 years.

If anyone else has had a bad experience... or good for that matter. I would love to hear it.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Ledgie

Wow i am shocked he did that.If he is that pussy whipped I would be very disappointed. did he say anything before leaving? Did any one say anything to him to voice their disappointment?Also why does every show have to have his wife and kids there anyway?He needs to leave them at home.Also hes not as responsive this time around unlike say you will tour where he actually went out of his way for fans.very disappointing

Last edited by dougb; 09-17-2008 at 01:18 PM..
Old 09-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougb View Post
Wow i am shocked he did that.If he is that pussy whipped I would be very disappointed. did he say anything before leaving? Did any one say anything to him to voice their disappointment?

No one said a thing... his children were present so everyone was being very respectful which made the situation all the more frustrating.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougb View Post
Also why does every show have to have his wife and kids there anyway?He needs to leave them at home.Also hes not as responsive this time around unlike say you will tour where he actually went out of his way for fans.very disappointing

I guess I understand having the kids there when daddy is playing at home but you know what... mommy could have taken the kids home right after the show so that daddy can finish the nights business which sometimes includes meeting the fans. If Pete Townshend can come out and meet the fans I think LB should too.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Registered

Traditionally, Kristen has always looked down her nose at Lindsey's fans, so this is not entirely surprising. Over the years, she's made it pretty clear that she thinks we're a bunch of losers. All of that aside, though... she's still a pretty unpleasant person on various levels.

As for Lindsey, he does usually (although often begrudgingly) take the time to briefly meet with fans after shows. Many fans on this board have had their picture taken with him, etc. This is markedly different than his behavior towards fans on the Say You Will tour, where you never knew what Lindsey you were going to get after the show (especially at meet-n-greets) .
Old 09-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Traditionally, Kristen has always looked down her nose at Lindsey's fans, so this is not entirely surprising. Over the years, she's made it pretty clear that she thinks we're a bunch of losers. All of that aside, though... she's still a pretty unpleasant person on various levels.

As for Lindsey, he does usually (although often begrudgingly) take the time to briefly meet with fans after shows. Many fans on this board have had their picture taken with him, etc. This is markedly different than his behavior towards fans on the Say You Will tour, where you never knew what Lindsey you were going to get after the show (especially at meet-n-greets) .
She was very unpleasant to put it nicely. If you don't want to meet the fans then sneak out!
Old 09-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to say that I have had several experiences meeting Lindsey, and he has NEVER been anything but polite to me and others. He has always taken the time to conversate and sign whatever fans had for him. I'm sorry you had a negative experience.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
I'm sorry you had a negative experience.
Me too. BUT I'm glad to hear you have had many great experiences.
I'm still a big fan but at first I was like... "Wait a minute... I'm supposed to go buy your new CD on Tuesday but this is how you're treating me?"

Needless to say I bought the CD.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
I have to say that I have had several experiences meeting Lindsey, and he has NEVER been anything but polite to me and others. He has always taken the time to conversate and sign whatever fans had for him. I'm sorry you had a negative experience.
He was nothing but nice to me as well. Then again, his wife wasn't around either. I don't think his family was with him at the show i was at. So, I guess in that sense I got lucky.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope he doesn't take them to ny!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I hope he doesn't take them to ny!
Oh, he will. Sorry
Old 09-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, here is my experience. I've already posted about it in the Seattle thread, but I'm bored so I will do it again.

After the Seattle show, my brother and I waited at the back of the theatre hoping to get a picture and autograph. I have been to several FM and LB shows throughout the years, have amassed a huge collection of stuff, and, at this point, the only thing I really want anymore was to get a picture with LB.

At first, there was only two of us there. As people started coming out of the back of the theatre (Brett, Neal), two more people showed up. So there was a total of FOUR people there wanting autographs etc.

First Kristen comes out and then Lindsey. I said, "Lindsey can I please get a picture." Kristen gave me a snotty look, like "oh god, here we go again." I don't really give a lying flip what Kristen thinks, I have no interest in Lindsey other than being a huge fan of his music, so she just needs to chill. Lindsey looked over and said "suuuree," very very reluctantly.

He came over and I got a picture. He didn't smile or anything, seemed very uncomfortable, and just made a weird face. Then another person got a picture and two people got autographs really quickly. Literally, this took about about two minutes. He kept saying, "ok, I have to go. This is all I can do." Then he said "gotta go" and jumped in the car. He seemed very reluctant, very hurried, and just not in a good mood.

That is fine. But after reading how cool he was about signing autographs and taking pictures last tour, that was what I was expecting. I was pretty disapponted in the encounter. Granted, Lindsey doesn't have to sign or take pictures with ANYONE, but, by now, I think Lindsey knows his fan base is pretty small, but also very LOYAL. I don't care if he had to stay out for an hour to sign autographs and take pictures, I think he owes that much to his fans.

I guess I just didn't understand the reluctance and somewhat bad attitude. It kind of left me with a bad impression. I have tickets to another show, but at this point I'm debating about even going because of this experience. On a side note, Brett Tuggle came out before Lindsey and I did get a picture with him. He was so nice and very cool. He somewhat made up for the bad Lindsey experience.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 09-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy

Kristen totally has major bitchface during most fan encounters. That is pretty much fact at this point.

I met Lindsey back in January 2007 during the UTS tour in my hometown of Fort Worth (where the DVD was filmed) and Kristen was with him. She let him take his time and he took pics with people, signed autographs, chatted. It was very pleasant and not rushed. She got in the car and waited for him to finish. There were maybe 10 people back there that night. He was in a WONDERFUL mood too. I met him on other occassions too (Seattle, Denver to name a couple more) and he was really nice.

I think K (especially) and LB were in bad moods that night and I'm sorry to hear that, for the fans' sake. Everyone who waits out there (the TRUE fans and not some autograph hounds, I mean) deserves an autograph/pic as long as they are polite and patient, if you ask me.

Please don't take this to heart and I hope it doesn't tarnish anyone on Lindsey. He really DOES love his fans...trust me.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:41 PM
Ledgie

I know what you mean about bad mood in seattle. He was the same way in portland just kind of strange.i mentioned something about it to my wife but she said I read into things.But I'm glad he stayed and I was able to get a pic.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltreyPFD View Post
Me too. BUT I'm glad to hear you have had many great experiences.
I'm still a big fan but at first I was like... "Wait a minute... I'm supposed to go buy your new CD on Tuesday but this is how you're treating me?"

Needless to say I bought the CD.
I'm not saying what happened to you was acceptable, but you have to consider he also couldve been a typical rock and roll star and looked at you and been like "Who the F**K are you, get outta my face."