User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-04-2018, 06:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Exactly! Her fans think she's the best because Rolling Stones says GDW was the best performance of the night or because she got the biggest response from the audience. How many likes do you think the RS article was gonna have if they said the best performance of the night was Lindsey's or Christine's? Not as many as saying it was Stevie's. Stevie is a selling machine and everyone goes with the winning horse (or goat ). That doesn't mean she's the best.

I loved Tusk and GYOW. GDW was ok.

Same here. And she ruined it by trashing Lindsey and refusing to work with him, because he's "oh, so difficult!" Please! Says who?

But it got better now. Because BuckVie turned out better without her. And there's always hope for BuckVie 2.

Methinks he doth protest too much....

Come on admit it, you’re a closet Stevie fan.
It’s okay you’re amongst friends no one will laugh...
Just whisper it to yourself “ I like Stevie “ make it your mantra.

(A joke bytheway)
Old 02-04-2018, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Methinks he doth protest too much....

Come on admit it, you’re a closet Stevie fan.
It’s okay you’re amongst friends no one will laugh...
Just whisper it to yourself “ I like Stevie “ make it your mantra.

(A joke bytheway)
Oh, I know it’s a joke, because no matter how much I try to like her again, I know it won’t happen as long as she keeps talking and talking and talking. And not just on her shows.

Let’s put it this way: last year I put myself twice on a 13 hours flight just to see BuckVie. I will do it again this year for Lindsey and for FM. I will never do it for Stevie. I can watch her 46 minutes speech on You Tube.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m actually kinda tired of the 10 minute long Gold Dust Woman. It was awesome back in the day, but now I think they can cut it down to 5 or 6 minutes.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

more of the little dance, here in screencaps -

26 January 2018 ... MusiCares Person of the Year Gala Honoring FLEETWOOD MAC ... Radio City Music Hall, New York City, NY. 📷 CBS ...... • Stevie’s emotionally moving 6 1/2 minute acceptance speech was comprised of remembrance, reflection, appreciation & a bit of humor, as Mick & Christine, missing her whistle, danced a waltz, lovingly signaling for Stevie to wrap it up, Lindsey channeling Chubby Checker with his version of The Twist, as an amused John looks on . A cheeky display of camaraderie, adoration & love for Stevie that endures among best friends ..... • Stevie, in her own words ...... “The loss of Tom Petty has just about broken my heart. He was not only a good man to go “down the river with” as Johnny Cash said, but he was a great father and a great friend. He was one of my best friends. My heart will never get over this” .... • I think it is an honor to be together sometimes because we’re never together. You’re down there. We’re up here and like other people have said, You’re lonely. You go home. You’re lonely. Who do you call? My mom is dead. My dad is dead. I’m sad. I don’t get to call them anymore. All my older, elder statesman are gone. So who do I have now? I have you. I have our audiences. I have the people that love our music ... I do want you to understand one thing. We don’t ever forget how amazing you are and we never don’t appreciate you!” ....... • (About being nervous after all these years) . . . . . . “Somebody walking off the side of the stage, said to me”, “When it goes away, you’re in trouble because those are the butterflies that make you walk out on the stage and be magical” ...... “If you don’t have them, you’re not magical”...... (Referencing Fleetwood Mac fans & supporters) . . . . “So, you are magical. You are fantastic. We thank you for coming here tonight. We love you because you’re just awesome, awesome. Thank you so much”. @MusiCares #MusiCares #RadioMusicCityHall #StevieNicks #ChristineMcVie #MickFleetwood #JohnMcVie #LindseyBuckingham #FleetwoodMac

A post shared by Christine McVie🌹Fan Page_ (@christinemcviefanpage_) on

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-06-2018, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

another red carpet video - the second part is LB pulling those nutsy poses -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-08-2018, 07:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

But it got better now. Because BuckVie turned out better without her. And there's always hope for BuckVie 2.
to win Most Autotuned Album of the Year
Old 02-08-2018, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanobbi View Post
You already heard buckvie2?

Old 02-08-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
You already heard buckvie2?
Haha.. It's funny that people don't think Stevie's auto tuned. Even on the 4 notes she sings anymore.

They all do it. And at their age, I'm proud that they are even singing.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Did I say I want them to win some award? But now that you mention it, it was named one of the 50 best albums of the year. I don't wanna brag, but....

And yes, without Stevie
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Stevie, really I do. But she's definitely used autotune A LOT. I can't even listen to parts of the Chicago soundstage stuff because it's so obvious.

It also KILLS me to hear the 24K gold album, the mastering job on that album is atrocious. On The Dealer you can clearly hear how all the different takes were pieced together - some are clear as crystal while other passages sound like they had a lead blanket over the mic. Sounds worse than Say You Will!..but I digress. That's a whole other can of worms.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought that was Zane Malik's, or any number of albums that have come out in the last 15 years. It sadly become an industry standard. All three of the Mac singers were autocorrected for The Dance, too.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
And that pig **** is really grossing me out, especially being a vegetarian. How do people eat that?!

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-09-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
No, at most they're served with slices of grilled or toasted bread. Really, cold cuts and ketchup? Ew, 'Murica.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Ok, that made me laugh. So thanks for that! Whatever you carnivores need to make it taste good. Is that like auto tuning???????
Old 01-26-2019, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Arrow

a year ago today - the day Fleetwood Mac died.

(to quote my friend button-lip)