The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-11-2006, 06:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have thought, and will always think, LB is the one who could not let go of La Nicks. I think he has chased her since 1977. I get that he dated other girls, but I think even when he hated her after TITN, he still was scheming in some manner to get her back. Then, he got her back during The Dance and she was unable to deal with his mania and the fact that K got pregnant. I think that after K got pregnant, LB tried to behave, but could not. Now, naybe he is behaving. But, the question is for how long? And, this has more to do with his obsession over La Nicks than any actions by her to facilitate that.

Just my $0.02

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 10-11-2006, 07:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

Back to the song...It is very catchy, and it makes me smile every time I hear it, especially after seeing him sing it live. He was clearly loving it!!
Old 10-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's stuck in my head today. It makes me happy.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It Was You -
definitely has nothing to do with Stevie Nicks.
This is clearly a song that just celebrates the very cool "thing" you go through when you wake up one day and realize how amazing the kids you create are.
And how that all relates to the relationship that produced the children.

I think it's a little creepy when fans continue to create this mystique between Lindsey and Stevie. They broke up 30 years ago and Lindsey has had many girlfriends since then. Sure they have a history together that shows itself when they record and tour - but come on people, this guy is clearly in love with his wife and kids. Let him celebrate that without it having to relate back to Stevie Nicks. Time has marched on and thankfully Lindsey has continued to grow with time, rather then get stuck in some creepy time warp in the late 70's. I love these new songs and I honestly think they have very little to do with Stevie Nicks. To me they clearly show the whole struggle between work and kids. Something that most artists (that have kids) go through all the time.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

Ummm - he is still harping on it

I guess the horse's mouth isn't convincing enough though.

Old 10-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I have thought, and will always think, LB is the one who could not let go of La Nicks. I think he has chased her since 1977. I get that he dated other girls, but I think even when he hated her after TITN, he still was scheming in some manner to get her back. Then, he got her back during The Dance and she was unable to deal with his mania and the fact that K got pregnant. I think that after K got pregnant, LB tried to behave, but could not. Now, naybe he is behaving. But, the question is for how long? And, this has more to do with his obsession over La Nicks than any actions by her to facilitate that. Just my $0.02
Where is the irritant thread. You are irritating the F out of me lately with your BS assumptions prefaced with "my opinion" "my thoughts" and "my 2cents"! Now it is your "thought" "opinion" that Lindsey is "behaving" and "for how long."

I mean really Jason.

Old 10-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think this is all ridiculous bull****.

I take Lindsey's word.. read it in the liner notes. To "Kit" and the kids.. "You are my life."

I think any thoughts of Stevie on this record are purely relating to the work environment and nothing more. A little bit of reminisce in Donovan's TFTS, maybe.

Stick a fork in them. "They" are done.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I think this is all ridiculous bull****.

I take Lindsey's word.. read it in the liner notes. To "Kit" and the kids.. "You are my life."

I think any thoughts of Stevie on this record are purely relating to the work environment and nothing more. A little bit of reminisce in Donovan's TFTS, maybe.

Stick a fork in them. "They" are done.
Thank you.

I mean, seriously, I don't care. I personally wanted Lindsey for myself.

But that was just so well said.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Love this song.

And I have no doubt that Lindsey was the angry, heartbroken one after the breakup and that they may have been on and off again for years. However, I think when Lindsey left the band that was LARGELY his final say on the issue.

As far as the Dance is concerned I always thought that Lindsey was playing up the drama, or maybe even just getting wrapped up in the moment, but that it was Stevie that thought more was going on than there was (Fall From Grace anyone?).

And he may very well draw upon things with Stevie when he writes. They've known each other for a very long time, certainly many of his own experiences have Stevie wrapped up in them. I've wondered about no less than three references on UTS that just seem very Stevie to me. Doesn't mean they are or want to be involved romantically.

But I do think he's found some peace now. It may not be the monumental thing that he had with Stevie (which of course was so monumental in part because they shared artistic dreams, something Kristin can't compete with) but not necessarily less satisfying, especially for 57 year old Lindsey.

It always amazes me how much people think they are seeing into the private lives of two people by what those people do on stage in front of thousands of people. I realize some give other evidence to support their opinions, but what happens on stage often ends up as a big part of the argument.

This is, of course, just my opinion.

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 10-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It always amazes me how much people think they are seeing into the private lives of two people by what those people do on stage in front of thousands of people.
Stevie admitted in that Australian article that what we saw between her and LB onstage was all an act. And if you don't believe that, then you must believe that she's screwing Don Henley and she and Tom Petty are also having a torrid affair.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Stevie admitted in that Australian article that what we saw between her and LB onstage was all an act. And if you don't believe that, then you must believe that she's screwing Don Henley and she and Tom Petty are also having a torrid affair.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 10-11-2006, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks you for putting it so simply.

Despite how much some people are still hanging on to a cheesey soap opera, these two are business partners. Period. Sure they are musical partners but at the end of the day, they are essentially Fleetwood Mac and I think they take that very seriously.
If they still had issues about their relationship that was over 30 years ago, wouldn't you find that downright pathetic?

Take the music for what it is - in the here and now.
I'm not saying this sentiment applies to Stevie. She obviously does still try to ride the wave of the drama in the 70's, but I truly believe Lindsey had moved on. A long time ago. And that could be why his music is still startlingly current and inspiring.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^^

Then why is he still bringing it up? I mean in every interview on this tour he does that

I think it is silly that people get all up in arms about other people discussing their relationship or lack thereof when they themselves do it all of the time. To me, that's fair game. But, each their own I guess.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't care either way, because I think they're "better off apart" as Christine might say. But I thought I'd post this quote from Rolling Stone, circa 1997 (Lindsey & Kristen were apparently already together at this point, so go figure)....

Quote:
"I think," says Buckingham, "some people are probably getting the impression that we are back together or something along those lines. Which is certainly not true. Not yet, anyway. You never know. I don't foresee that at all. But, you know things . . . "
So, in other words, Stevie's not the only one who plays up that old soap opera.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I also think he wrote it when K told him to stop lusting after Stevie and also banging skanks on the road during the SYW tour.

I have thought, and will always think, LB is the one who could not let go of La Nicks. I think he has chased her since 1977. I get that he dated other girls, but I think even when he hated her after TITN, he still was scheming in some manner to get her back. Then, he got her back during The Dance and she was unable to deal with his mania and the fact that K got pregnant. I think that after K got pregnant, LB tried to behave, but could not. Now, naybe he is behaving. But, the question is for how long? And, this has more to do with his obsession over La Nicks than any actions by her to facilitate that.