The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-15-2004, 02:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Does this whole double album thing really matter? Stevie said it would be twenty-two songs, so does Lindsey really care that it got cut down to eighteen? Most people bought the Limited Edition which includes two more songs. In other words, only two songs never saw the light of day. That is not something to get upset about, is it?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-15-2004, 03:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

First of all, nobody looked like they disliked Silver Girl at all. Lindsey look very pleased. Some of you guys need glasses. Also LIndsey did no mouth "I love you" at the AHI.
Old 03-15-2004, 03:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds fab! Can't wait to get the chance to see it!!

Pip
Old 03-15-2004, 03:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I disagree - I thought they liked it. I liked it, esp. the flute.
No you didn't
Old 03-15-2004, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When I was watching the replay last night I noticed that the picture of Waddy also appears to have Stevie in it to--off to the far left side--you see the blonde hair. It looks like it was taken on stage somewhere to me.

And I can't believe that Stevie was so amused by that singing fish. Too funny.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Good

Quote:
Originally posted by diamondsnake
I'm only 15 and I stood on line at midnight to buy the album! However, that is rare and I was thinking the same thing- no ten year old is going to buy it!

i think stevie was pointing out that people from age 10 -27 are the ones buying records, and cause they are young they arent gonna spend 25.oo from a group of 50 year olds. in other words if they had 25.oo it would go for a britney or justin cd. and she meant that older ppl have bills to pay and families to support, so a single cd would be best.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:38 AM
Senior Ledgie

Location: Minnesota....but really ANYWHERE but HERE.....because it SUCKS!!!
Wink Just when I began to lose track of WHY I loved this band...

WOW. That was incredible. More ways then one. The politics and the pull always dragged me back here. Let's talk a little chemistry...

I miss Chris, but with all due respect and depending on how you look at it, her absence doesn't hinder FM as much as it makes them a lot more raw, musically and otherwise. I'm still seeing two couples here. Two pairs of soulmates, interpret that however you'd like
Mick was never the 'third wheel', Chris was. She brought style, grace, and suddelty into the fold, but she's still understated, like John. When I look at the band visually I kind of divide it Stevie and Mick on one side and John and Chris on the other, dreamers v.s. realists. Lindsey's always in the middle and pulling more to the right with the realists despite how philosophical he is and because of the fact he compliments Stevie by nature.
But the 'married couple' bickering that John and Mick do is just as obvious and really makes me raise my eyebrows at the comment by John years back, "The only two people that haven't slept together are Lindsey and I, and there's still time for that" Though, again, Lindsey and John would make about as much sense as John and Chris did or that Mick and Stevie did because there's not that black and white.
Now MUSICALLY, my god do I feel like a twirp. I don't have the album yet, and the best I've done as a fan is see the concert this past summer at the Xcel Energy Center in Minnesota... BUT...I think it's about time I came back to worship

~alex~*...Bitch is back.

"Bondage looks good on ya B, the outfits all wrong, but hey"~Faith in 'Enemies'

"Hello, GAY now"~ Willow in 'Triangle'
Old 03-15-2004, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought it was great for all of the aforementioned details. It was a wonderful look into the making of SYW. I do, however, agree that Stevie should stand up when she sings. I thought it was funny that "Sulamith" was included in the cast in the credits.

Shamus
Old 03-15-2004, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
No you didn't
From the ten seconds we got to hear, I thought it was very Middle Eastern sounding and VERY different for La Nicks. I like it when she branches out. I think LB's production brought the sound back to the mainstream.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-15-2004, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Deanna -

ITA means "I totally agree"

Old 03-15-2004, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought it was a good production. I thought it showed LB's brilliance very effectively - that man can play some guitar!!!!

I also thought it showed La Nicks is not such a, to quote DH, "bubble headed bleached blond." She really was into the recording process and seemed to know alot about it. She also seemed very intent on acheiving her vision of how her things should sound.

Old 03-15-2004, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I could watch Lindsey just jam for ages... How much do we get to see of him and his guitar?
Old 03-15-2004, 10:06 AM
joe

i know someone probably posted this but.... "people my age aren't lying in the floor and worrying about what record they're going to buy tomorrow..."

it was so funny cause Stevie was really quiet when she was saying it. I thought she looked great too. it was a tad boring at times....i thought there was going to be more drama. But it was still good...Sometimes the clips ended too soon but whadda ya gonna do?

I think the pic that you guys are referring to as "Waddy" is NOT Waddy after all. I noticed that pic too. I'm almost positive that it is in fact a B/N concert pic of Stevie and Lindsey. I won't be able to post it cause i don't have it but i've see it around. Stevie had long straight hair parted in the middle, and is at her mic which is close to Lindsey.

It also makes sense that she would have this pic next to her. Why would she have a pic of Waddy and her? I mean it's possible but not logical.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

WOW - WOW- WOW!! I loved it! SN is friggin' hilarious!!!

Someone mentioned that they wanted to see the kids singing on SYW- they DID show the girls on the commercial-free broadcast, but it was cut out of the following broadcast. So were a few other things - Stevie singing on Miranda and I think I Am Waiting as well - the part w/ Mick sitting in his car, saying that they had gone w/ Reprise, Stevie doing that funny pointing thing at Mick when they were on the couch, listening to Thrown Down, and couple other small tidbits.

Clarification - LB didn't say he was peeing - Marty Hom asked, "where's Lindsey?" and someone, either Mick or John said "he's peeing" and then you hear LB off in the distance saying "Not yet" and laughing. LOL

Some of my favorite quotes:

LB saying to SN - "Keep going, girl!" And for the record, I think they liked Silver Girl.

SN - "I pray to the commercial G-ds" LOL

SN - "They're not laying around on the floor, smoking dope, waiting to buy our new record." LOL

SN - "I love my songs - I love all my little words." (Also cut out of the broadcast w/ commercials) :-(

SN - "If we explode and blow up in timbers and die, at least the album will be done."

SN - "That sounds like John just fell off the stage." LOL

I also loved Stevie's Farrah bangs during rehearsal - and her dog barking at Mick during GYOW. And for you romantics, how 'bout LB kissing SN's hands right before they went onstage?? Gaaah!

I wished they would have showed a little bit of The Chain, but w/ the ending the way they did it, leaves everyone wanting more. So that's cool.

I'm sure I'll think of some more later....

Last edited by Livia; 03-15-2004 at 10:23 AM..
Old 03-15-2004, 10:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

Location: Minnesota....but really ANYWHERE but HERE.....because it SUCKS!!!
Lightbulb In response to the Waddy...

Quote:
Originally posted by joe

It also makes sense that she would have this pic next to her. Why would she have a pic of Waddy and her? I mean it's possible but not logical.
Waddy, correct me if I'm wrong, has BEEN there since B/N. So there would be a picture of B/N right there, and still have Waddy

"Bondage looks good on ya B, the outfits all wrong, but hey"~Faith in 'Enemies'

"Hello, GAY now"~ Willow in 'Triangle'