The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think I was here back then, under another name, I lost my password and couldn't open my e-mail account to recieve a new one (hotmail, 800 spam-mails in one day, my modem just gave up on that amount). I used to post a lot at Buckingham/Nicks, sodascout had the perfect place back then. But I got less and less interested in the relationship of the subjects and more interested in FM outside that particular box. When it comes to FM, I'm a Ledgie for life .

Last edited by AncientQueen; 02-14-2018 at 02:14 AM..
Old 02-14-2018, 08:12 AM

Thumbs up

I joined around 1996-1997... not sure what happened to my account and re-signed up in 2000ish.

Ledgie for life, too. Very fond of this place and its peeps. Met some really cool people.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I arrived in 2001 apparently. I thought it was 2000 but when I click my profile it says 2001. I was also dragged here by David after getting to know him on the old alt.music.fleetwood mac Usenet thing for a few years

I'm the one who famously likes cokey Stevie better than pokey Stevie. I also like round wooden tambourines, real flowers instead of beads on the mic stand, actual platform boots, and when Stevie used to bellow her vocals like a crazed banshee. She was always at her best when one foot was in the rock n roll grave, so RAL forever for me.

My name isn't Pete, it was the name of my longtime companion/partner. After we broke up and I met someone else, I felt weird about using the name Pete so I went on a wild deleting spree here, trying to remove as many posts as I could. That's why my posting history is light for someone who has been here a decent amount of years. I got bored of trying to delete them, and post only rarely. I don't know anyone here now anyway.

There was also another type of Black Ledge (under a different name but with better colors) that existed for a few months, I was part of that and then I don't remember but it was gone after about a year. Bunch of rascals they were.
Old 02-22-2018, 04:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hello!

I used to post a little bit around here a while back. Some of you older members might remember me. I'm Jennifer and I lived in Kentucky. I was a massive FM/SN fan virtually all my life. Around 2004/2005 I started drifting away to other artists and when I listened to FM or Stevie it was the older recordings.

I was really heavy into trading for a while and met so many wonderful folks through that. I remember Brian J. (one of my very favorites), Sara M. (who owned the awesome sararhiannon.com), Tiffany (BlueWhiteFire) and Neil (FM UK). I also did A LOT of trading with Paolo (got some super rare--for the time--concerts on cassette from Paolo!). I also have a great fondness in my heart for Mathew G. (he's on the board but I truly can't remember his screen name). I remember him being such a wonderfully nice and down to earth guy. It was always a pleasure talking with him on the boards or in an email.

One of my hobbies was also briefly maintaining a web site, The Three Birds of Rhiannon. I LOVED going through all the 'old school' demo and outtake CD's and gathering together all the different versions of the songs and making list after list. It was an old Geocities site (if anyone here still remembers that!) I had always wanted to put the site back online in a blog or something. In 2012 I had a house fire and lost all my data files and boots, and with it, my ability to put the site back together. I went through the Internet trying to find all the old demo sets but all the old school sets seem to have disappeared in favor of master reel compilations. I also went through the Internet Archive hoping to find old pages but didn't find as much as I hoped. I posted some concerts a few years back here on the boards.

I met the person I love more than anything in this world on the Ledge: my dearest friend, Adam. He and I used to talk on AIM every night for hours (he lives in Canada and I'm in the US). His friendship and support got me through some of the hardest and worst times in my life. I probably would have given up a long time ago were it not for him. No matter what my situation, I would move heaven and earth to get to him if he needed me. We don't get to talk that much anymore since both of our lives have changed so drastically. I have to say that if it wasn't for the Ledge I never would have had him in my life. And my life was so much better just because he was, and is, in it.

Since my days of being a poster here I've moved from Kentucky to North Carolina. I've gotten married and am the step mother to two children, a 13 year old boy and a 15 year old girl. I lost my mother on August 5, 2015. Lost my car in an accident the following April, had 3 surgeries, had both legs burned and grafted, lost all my savings, my house in Kentucky was burglarized and virtually destroyed and lived through a horrible cycle of domestic violence (all coming from a 13 year old kid). Life has been HARD; almost unbearable since July 2015 but I've managed. Every day I want to run home to Kentucky but that isn't really an option anymore. I got back into FM/SN music and that's kept my spirits up more than I ever thought it would. It's an ugly story but I'm a survivor.

I still lurk on the boards when I can. It's nice to see the old names I remember from the good old days. You know you're old when you start using that phrase!

"I think animal testing is a terrible idea. They get all nervous and give silly answers."--Stephen Fry, A Bit of Fry & Laurie
Old 02-27-2018, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Who's still here???

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I think I was here back then, under another name, I lost my password and couldn't open my e-mail account to recieve a new one (hotmail, 800 spam-mails in one day, my modem just gave up on that amount). I used to post a lot at Buckingham/Nicks, sodascout had the perfect place back then. But I got less and less interested in the relationship of the subjects and more interested in FM outside that particular box. When it comes to FM, I'm a Ledgie for life .
I remember a Connie aka AncientQueen in the US and also Stacy, Moonie, aka Moonsista on the other forums, Enchanted (Daniel's and Mike before him) ; I go back to about 1993 on the message boards, so for me its been a 25 year ride on the forums. Rewind back to 1977 at the Philly Spectrum and it goes really waaaay back. 41 years of her Stevieness.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:29 PM
Ledgie

I was around in about '96 for a couple of years, made all those Buckingham Nicks tapes for anyone who wanted them, that was a fun time. Met a lot of great people.

After the board crash I got caught up in life and didn't rejoin until sometime time in the early 2000's but I found that once the Ledge was broken up into sub forums there seem to be a lot more contention between different fans so I backed off a bit.

I still pop up every now and then to see what is new or if I hear something fun about the band.

I actually met some people from the board in real life and continue to have friendships with them. So I will always be thankful to the Ledge for that

Old 03-12-2018, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintbernard View Post
Hello!

I used to post a little bit around here a while back. Some of you older members might remember me. I'm Jennifer and I lived in Kentucky. I was a massive FM/SN fan virtually all my life. Around 2004/2005 I started drifting away to other artists and when I listened to FM or Stevie it was the older recordings.

I was really heavy into trading for a while and met so many wonderful folks through that. I remember Brian J. (one of my very favorites), Sara M. (who owned the awesome sararhiannon.com), Tiffany (BlueWhiteFire) and Neil (FM UK). I also did A LOT of trading with Paolo (got some super rare--for the time--concerts on cassette from Paolo!).
I loved trading with you and the others you mentioned (Sara M./Neil/Tiffany/Paolo). Been battling health issues (Surgery related) so I don't trade anymore, just want to get healthy and stay healthy...May get back into trading again someday.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 03-13-2018, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Those were the days. I remember spending most my allowance and meager sub minimum wage internship high school paycheck on very very low quality 100th generation hissy tapes of crackly warbled demos and outtakes back when the the Penquin actually was in the business of illegal trading. It was around the early 2000s when MP3 Became popular and they shut that down in a vain attempt to legitimize the site and bid to become the official site of the band like the Nicksfix (R.I.P.) did.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

I started reading The Ledge in 1997; can't remember when I joined.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:19 PM
Ledgie

Default Oldie but goodie

I have been around since at least 97-98, when I first got a computer and was going crazy with all of these FM sites. Back when the Nicks Fix was a fan site lol too!
Old 04-03-2018, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm pretty sure the cool people
didn't join here until 2008.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:53 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
I'm pretty sure the cool people
didn't join here until 2008.
Except for me and Rusty.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Except for me and Rusty.
So true.

I can't think about Fleetwood Mac without
thinking about Rusty.

Same is true for Stevie and Barry.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:45 PM
DeeGeMe
This message has been deleted by DeeGeMe.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:33 PM
Ledgie

Me! I was MaryLiz back then too. Became *obsessed* with the band when The Dance came out. I was in college, so had plenty of free time between classes to chat with others on the original board. I remember trading bootlegs and videos with torrey, Keith and blackcat among others. I may have received one of those Buckingham Nicks tapes from James Kirk.

Graduated college and my time to devote to following the band waned, though I rejoined around the time of the Say You Will Tour.

I've popped in here occasionally looking for news on MusiCares (once I found out Alison Krauss and Jerry Douglas were performing) and to see if/when tour dates were announced.

Today's Lindsey news brought me here to see what on earth is going on.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Smile Present!

Hi AnthonyMI!

Old-school Ledgie here:-)

I was on in 1996, when it was just one lonnnnnnng thread with subheaders, and remember when the Adelsons split it into separate boards for Stevie, Lindsey, etc. It was pretty huge when that happened.

Ah yes, the ‘Ledge Wars’....remember ‘The Knight’?

It really is criminal how little I post here, but work takes up a good deal of time.

I still run into Regina, BlackCat and Farrah at shows from time to time...

Love,
Gypsy