The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-26-2018, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So today I heard that Mike Campbell said his favorite FM album is Kiln House! Very interesting choice, since it is an album Stevie had NOTHING to do with, and even Christine had a very small role in. I'm guessing too that "Station Man" will be in the set.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
So today I heard that Mike Campbell said his favorite FM album is Kiln House! Very interesting choice, since it is an album Stevie had NOTHING to do with, and even Christine had a very small role in. I'm guessing too that "Station Man" will be in the set.
If anything, I’m shocked it wasn’t “Then Play On” or something with Peter Green. That said, KH is a valid choice for a guitarist.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-26-2018, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
If anything, I’m shocked it wasn’t “Then Play On” or something with Peter Green. That said, KH is a valid choice for a guitarist.
Or maybe Mike gravitates towards the blues side of FM more?
Old 05-26-2018, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The amount of Stevie solo songs that is played is SICKENING compared to none of LB's and just a couple of CM's. That tambourine witch really got her way.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Or maybe Mike gravitates towards the blues side of FM more?
Kiln House isn’t a blues album. It’s got a mix of ‘50s oldies and modern (for 1970) rock.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-26-2018, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
The amount of Stevie solo songs that is played is SICKENING compared to none of LB's and just a couple of CM's. That tambourine witch really got her way.
Yeah, but she’s the only one with a viable solo career. However, it’s also not like they’re playing Mayall, BN, LBCM, The Zoo, or anyone not part of the Rumours band, save for Mike with TPATH.

I’m more pissed at how much Jackson Browne they play. Actually, the frequency of the inspirations is why I rarely listen anymore.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-26-2018, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Kiln House isn’t a blues album. It’s got a mix of ‘50s oldies and modern (for 1970) rock.
When Jeremy's involved, there has to be some blues. Not saying it's a full fledged blues album, but I get that blues vibe from some of the songs on it
Old 05-26-2018, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I heard this too--I also heard about their first rehearsal in Maui and his first meeting with Neil Finn--playing Oh Well (spoiler alert--probably in the set list) I heard a blurb with Stevie where she confirmed--FM only needed a guitarist when they took BN--so from her mouth...she is confirming they wanted Lindsey.
Tunes today:
Blue Denim
Sentimental Lady (I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear Lindsey play this)
Over my Head
Goodbye Baby
Big Love
So Afraid
Neil Finn going on and on and on---I am sure he's a very nice man, but OMG I think he would talk to a wall if it would talk back to him.

As I was stuck in MDW traffic today--it dawned on me--folks are really honing in on the "deep cuts" they are going to pull out for this tour---If I can take the other side of the argument (btw-I love FM pre BN so would be great to hear if I were going)they have no choice--they can only put so much Stevie solo in there, and they need to pull out a lot of Lindsey's stuff. Fine--throw a little "Don't Dream it's Over and Stop Draggin My heart around" in there-, "Stand Back" probably makes a comeback-they need to draw from their catalogue to fill 3 hours. FM fans will maybe tolerate 1-3 songs by CH and TPH but honestly--that's it. I think Lindsey is a bigger gap in the song line up then Christine was (the fact they did an EP and SYW helped) Stevie claims there are "11 songs they need to do" Well--at least 4 of them are Lindsey's--most of them are coming out. Tusk will remain because it show cases the band, but I would be so bold to say by the end of the tour, GYOW is gone (if it's even in there to start with)!
Old 05-26-2018, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Between the early stuff, Crowded House, and TPATH, they have more than enough to cover Lindsey’s absence. Lindsey only had seven or eight songs in the set.

Also, GYOW isn’t going to ever be cut from a Fleetwood Mac setlist. It’s one they have to do.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-26-2018, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I heard this too--I also heard about their first rehearsal in Maui and his first meeting with Neil Finn--playing Oh Well (spoiler alert--probably in the set list) I heard a blurb with Stevie where she confirmed--FM only needed a guitarist when they took BN--so from her mouth...she is confirming they wanted Lindsey.
Tunes today:
Blue Denim
Sentimental Lady (I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear Lindsey play this)
Over my Head
Goodbye Baby
Big Love
So Afraid
Neil Finn going on and on and on---I am sure he's a very nice man, but OMG I think he would talk to a wall if it would talk back to him.

As I was stuck in MDW traffic today--it dawned on me--folks are really honing in on the "deep cuts" they are going to pull out for this tour---If I can take the other side of the argument (btw-I love FM pre BN so would be great to hear if I were going)they have no choice--they can only put so much Stevie solo in there, and they need to pull out a lot of Lindsey's stuff. Fine--throw a little "Don't Dream it's Over and Stop Draggin My heart around" in there-, "Stand Back" probably makes a comeback-they need to draw from their catalogue to fill 3 hours. FM fans will maybe tolerate 1-3 songs by CH and TPH but honestly--that's it. I think Lindsey is a bigger gap in the song line up then Christine was (the fact they did an EP and SYW helped) Stevie claims there are "11 songs they need to do" Well--at least 4 of them are Lindsey's--most of them are coming out. Tusk will remain because it show cases the band, but I would be so bold to say by the end of the tour, GYOW is gone (if it's even in there to start with)!
YES to this!
Old 05-26-2018, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Between the early stuff, Crowded House, and TPATH, they have more than enough to cover Lindsey’s absence. Lindsey only had seven or eight songs in the set.

Also, GYOW isn’t going to ever be cut from a Fleetwood Mac setlist. It’s one they have to do.
Absolut! Even if it won't be the same wo Linds.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Perhaps, And those are Mick's sentiments too--but I don't think Neil can do it justice. Similar to when Lindsey and Stevie attempted "Say You Love Me" Disaster. And not to stir the pot further because i know this has been hashed around--I want to hear FM at a FM concert---not CH or TPH. But I am sitting this one out and hope the folks who see this iteration really enjoy it.

Last edited by Storms123; 05-26-2018 at 09:09 PM..
Old 05-26-2018, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
[/B]And not to stir the pot further because i know this has been hashed around--I want to hear FM at a FM concert---not CH or TPH. But I am sitting this one out and hope the folks who see this iteration really enjoy it.
Classy comments, Storms123. I remember when I read FM was touring as Dave Mason, Billy, Bekka, Mick, and John and playing with REO Speedwagon and I think Pat Benatar and just feeling so bummed, and having no desire to see them. But my brother and his girlfriend went and said the concert was a lot of fun. All three, in fact. There was no way I could have seen that version of FM, but like you, I certainly wasn't hoping they would fail or that people would have a bad time.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
[/B]
Perhaps, And those are Mick's sentiments too--but I don't think Neil can do it justice. Similar to when Lindsey and Stevie attempted "Say You Love Me" Disaster. And not to stir the pot further because i know this has been hashed around--I want to hear FM at a FM concert---not CH or TPH. But I am sitting this one out and hope the folks who see this iteration really enjoy it.
GYOW played and performed with FM without Lindsey will be total cringe
Old 05-26-2018, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Classy comments, Storms123. I remember when I read FM was touring as Dave Mason, Billy, Bekka, Mick, and John and playing with REO Speedwagon and I think Pat Benatar and just feeling so bummed, and having no desire to see them. But my brother and his girlfriend went and said the concert was a lot of fun. All three, in fact. There was no way I could have seen that version of FM, but like you, I certainly wasn't hoping they would fail or that people would have a bad time.
I saw them at Kings Island Timberwolf. It was a lot of fun and all the bands were really good! Don't forget Orleans. The beer was flowing.....

Last edited by jwd; 05-26-2018 at 09:36 PM.. Reason: changed some stuff