The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-20-2016, 11:19 AM

Stevie Nicks enchants Lehigh Valley crowd with songs from the vault (PHOTOS)

Singer-songwriter Stevie Nicks delighted fans with songs from deep within her catalog during a show Saturday at Sands Bethlehem Event Center in Bethlehem.

Best known for both her work with Fleetwood Mac as well as her highly-successful solo career, Nicks' 24 Karat Gold Tour included songs that either hadn't been performed in decades -- or ever.

The Pretenders, featuring Chrissie Hynde, opened the show and thrilled the crowd with familiar songs like "Message of Love" and "I'll Stand By You."

A highlight of the show came as Stevie Nicks was joined onstage by Hynde as the duo performed the 1981 hit "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around," with Hynde singing the parts originally performed by Tom Petty.

The next stop on the tour is Sunday night at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/ente..._bethlehe.html
Old 11-20-2016, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone else think it was maybe a little strategic to test out no dreams in this smaller venue.

Another brave decision by stevie. And I'm assuming her story to Gypsy is going to be equivalent in length to the entire Outside the Rain song so time wise it's an even exchange

He Will Burn You Down
Old 11-20-2016, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ah, I'm going to be that person she worried about, going "what? How dare she drop my favorite song??"

I'm upset about her dropping Outside the Rain though. I love that song! Surprised she did Gypsy in place of Dreams... Bold move to drop one of her biggest hits!

I'm truly impressed that Stevie is willing to change up the setlist as she warned before the tour started. What else might be switched out for something unexpected?

Valiantly hoping New Orleans will be dropped, but Stevie seems to love that one so I guess that's unlikely.

Some more "title tracks" as Stevie called them would be so cool... Rock A Little, Trouble in Shangri-La... The possibilities! I know she mentioned that she'd like to play Rooms on Fire, which would be great to see...
Old 11-20-2016, 12:39 PM
Ledgie

Does anyone want me to take the time to split the audio recording I made into individual files and upload them? Maybe someone can remaster them. Like I'm not kidding I'd rate it a D at best...

I am curious to see what songs she does tonight in Philly I will let you all know!
Old 11-20-2016, 12:40 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
Ah, I'm going to be that person she worried about, going "what? How dare she drop my favorite song??"

I'm upset about her dropping Outside the Rain though. I love that song! Surprised she did Gypsy in place of Dreams... Bold move to drop one of her biggest hits!

I'm truly impressed that Stevie is willing to change up the setlist as she warned before the tour started. What else might be switched out for something unexpected?

Valiantly hoping New Orleans will be dropped, but Stevie seems to love that one so I guess that's unlikely.

Some more "title tracks" as Stevie called them would be so cool... Rock A Little, Trouble in Shangri-La... The possibilities! I know she mentioned that she'd like to play Rooms on Fire, which would be great to see...
I was never a fan of New Orleans, however hearing it played live last night was amazing. It sounds great live. And holy **** did she get into it when she did Moonlight.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ami0425 View Post
Does anyone want me to take the time to split the audio recording I made into individual files and upload them? Maybe someone can remaster them. Like I'm not kidding I'd rate it a D at best...

I am curious to see what songs she does tonight in Philly I will let you all know!
I think anything's good. It'd be great if someone could edit it a bit as you said though.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:04 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I think anything's good. It'd be great if someone could edit it a bit as you said though.
Ok I will try to do this tomorrow at work, as I will be leaving for Philly soon. I'll start a new thread when I do get to post it.

I will try to record the entire show on my phone tonight and use my dad's phone for picture taking. Maybe my phone will record better.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I, too, wish she would have replaced Outside the Rain and Dreams with one of her solo hits, and Rooms on Fire would have been the obvious and best choice. But at least she did replace them, which is awesome!
Old 11-20-2016, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

While I love me some "Gypsy", losing 2 for 1 doesn't seem like a great trade-off. Oh well...

Still holding out hope that "Rooms On Fire" makes its way to the set by the time she reaches California!
Old 11-20-2016, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I suppose we'll find out tonight if she made a permanent change, or just decided to throw in something different in Bethlehem.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

if she pulls out Rooms on Fire
y'all going better record and film the #*_) out of that omg

and a RAL gypsy ... LET THERE BE AUDIO
Old 11-21-2016, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snroxman View Post
OMG, SHE DROPPED DREAMS???

Finally.

This just shows that there is always hope.

I'm sooo glad to hear GYPSY return to the solo set. It's been a long wait - since 1986! (and then, only for a brief time).
It's a shorter version without the solo at the end. But it still sounds great. I'm glad she's mixing things up. It's the "Why In the F*ck Not Tour"!
Old 12-28-2016, 06:48 AM

The most memorable musical performances of 2016 (PHOTOS)

The Lehigh Valley music scene hit all the right notes in 2016.

From Stevie Nicks at the Sands Bethlehem Event Center to Elton John at the PPL Center, venues hosted a variety of musical styles -- and fans responded.

Musikfest, the 10-day summer festival in Bethlehem, included Lady Antebellum, Sabrina Carpenter and Run DMC, and the Great Allentown Fair brought heavy metal heroes KISS and county star Jake Owen.

Scroll through the gallery atop this post for a look at some of the top shows from across the area.

Stevie Nicks sings "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" alongside Chrissie Hynde, who opened the show with The Pretenders, on Nov. 19, 2016, at Sands Bethlehem Event Center in Bethlehem. (Matt Smith | lehighvalleylive.com contributor)

Singer-songwriter Stevie Nicks, best known for both her work with Fleetwood Mac as well as here highly-successful solo career, performed Nov. 19, 2016, at Sands Bethlehem Event Center in Bethlehem. The Pretenders, featuring Chrissie Hynde, opened the show. (Matt Smith | lehighvalleylive.com contributor)

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/ente...highlight.html