Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default MissLadyLoki??

Sorry Stevie
Posted by Cassie

You need realize that for me to take Stevie Nicks’ name in vain is the equivalent of someone killing a puppy or pasting a picture of Lady Gaga over the face of Jesus at a Catholic church. This pains me. But the truth must be told. Continuing on with new music week we have a new tune from Ms. Nicks leading up to the release of her next studio album In Your Dreams which is to be released May 3. The lead-off single, “Secret Love” falls short. This song is unoriginal and bad. It sounds like Stevie wrote it in the time it took her to make one lap around her Santa Monica manse with her black velvet cape billowing behind her. And it sounds like she wrote it and recorded it assuming it was still 1992.

It actually reminds me of a Stevie song that I do love, called “Blue Denim” which she released in the mid-nineties. I stalked a guy in high school to that song. Long story.

Anyway, what I was hoping from Stevie (now that she is 62 of a certain age) is something like Cher did with Believe. A complete reinvention. Electronic/dance music is so hot right now that even rappers are doing dance tracks to make a buck. Slow, light-listening songs about a “Secret Love” just don’t sell. Hopefully there’s a DJ out there who will take pity and do some remixes or mash-ups with it. Now that would be hot.

http://jukeboxhero.areavoices.com/20.../sorry-stevie/
Old 02-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham Reunite On Her New Album

Aw! We're so pleased to hear this. They made such beautiful music for so many years - it's nice to hear that they still can!

May 3rd marks the return of Stevie Nicks into our lives as she'll be releasing her first solo album in a decade. So far, we've heard NOTHING but good things about it and today, a new special tidbit was added to our list of reasons to pick up the album. According to Stevie, Lindsey Buckingham, her former Fleetwood Mac bandmate and ex-lover, collaborated with her on one of the songs!

Stevie explained to sources that the song is "very serious," adding further:

"It's a song that I wrote about Walter Reed that's called 'Soldier's Angel.' So Lindsey came in and played guitar. It's just Lindsey and me. It's very Buckingham Nicks and I think that it's going to be a very serious and important song to the world and I think it's a very serious and important song for Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks because it sounds like Buckingham Nicks. Because it is."
Wow. So touching. Such a powerful subject, but honestly, if there were ever two artists who could handle it, we say it was you guys.
Perhaps this is the start of even more collaborations down the road? We sure hope so!
Counting down the days until May 3rd! We're so ready for this!

http://perezhilton.com/2011-02-25-li...soliders-angel
Old 02-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Sorry Stevie
Posted by Cassie

You need realize that for me to take Stevie Nicks’ name in vain is the equivalent of someone killing a puppy or pasting a picture of Lady Gaga over the face of Jesus at a Catholic church. This pains me. But the truth must be told. Continuing on with new music week we have a new tune from Ms. Nicks leading up to the release of her next studio album In Your Dreams which is to be released May 3. The lead-off single, “Secret Love” falls short. This song is unoriginal and bad. It sounds like Stevie wrote it in the time it took her to make one lap around her Santa Monica manse with her black velvet cape billowing behind her. And it sounds like she wrote it and recorded it assuming it was still 1992.

It actually reminds me of a Stevie song that I do love, called “Blue Denim” which she released in the mid-nineties. I stalked a guy in high school to that song. Long story.

Anyway, what I was hoping from Stevie (now that she is 62 of a certain age) is something like Cher did with Believe. A complete reinvention. Electronic/dance music is so hot right now that even rappers are doing dance tracks to make a buck. Slow, light-listening songs about a “Secret Love” just don’t sell. Hopefully there’s a DJ out there who will take pity and do some remixes or mash-ups with it. Now that would be hot.

http://jukeboxhero.areavoices.com/20.../sorry-stevie/
Ouch, harsh! But I can't say I'm a huge fan of Secret Love either. The good news is the rest of the album that I've heard completely makes up for it!
Old 03-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nicole Atkins is currently on tour in support of her sophomore album, 'Mondo Amore,' backed by a collective of musicians known as the Black Sea. Four years after the release of her debut record, 'Neptune City,' the 32-year-old singer-songwriter is back to showcase her unique blend of rootsy-folk and indie rock, exemplified by her latest single, 'Vultures.'

In her latest Road Report, Atkins talks about post-'Conan' euphoria and struggling to find her words when meeting Stevie Nicks. The singer also took a break from the tour to film her next video for 'Cry Cry Cry,' which she says was inspired by a Jean-Luc Godard film. Read more about her travels, and take a peek at Atkins' personal photos after the jump.

So after we did the 'Conan' show, which was a total blast, I came down with the horrible cough that Cotton Jones and my bass player, Jeremy, previously had. Awesome. I had no voice whatsoever, so we sadly had to cancel our San Diego show. I got a good day of rest, though, and we finished out the West Coast with a radio convention in La Jolla where I got to meet one of my heroes, Stevie Nicks. She had some really great stories and I was so jammed that all I managed to squeak out was an "I love you man. Can I hug you?" Awkward.

http://www.spinner.com/2011/03/02/ni...cry-cry-video/
Old 03-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If she ever tries to f------ leave again, I'm-a tie her to the bed

And set this house on fire.

Love the Way You Lie, Eminem & Rihanna
Stevie Nicks is "speechless." The witchy woman, who's coming to the St. Pete Times Forum on March 23 with Rod Stewart, is trying to explain the success of Love the Way You Lie. "It's a pretty, uh — I'm just speechless trying to explain that song," says the 62-year-old.

The Fleetwood Mac singer is not a fan of the modern duet, and if Nicks and Stewart croon together during their Tampa gig — perhaps on her Leather and Lace (originally performed with Don Henley) — it won't be anything from current pop radio: "I feel bad for kids today."

Nicks represents the old-school duet; she's shared sonic embraces with Lindsey Buckingham (Go Your Own Way) and Kenny Loggins (Whenever I Call You Friend).
The day after the Grammys, Billboard celebrated Valentine's Day by releasing a much-hyped list of the 40 biggest duets of all time, with Nicks' classic with Tom Petty, Stop Draggin' My Heart Around, pulling in at No. 28.

http://www.tampabay.com/features/mus...cle1154998.ece
Old 03-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Runaways’ ‘Bad Reputation’
In winter 1977, The Runaways entered Larrabee Studios in Hollywood to do Waitin’ For The Night. Vicki Tischer-Blue took over on bass, and Joan Jett became lead singer. One evening, Bingenheimer and I hand-clapped behind Joan on the track “Gotta Get Out Tonight.” Fleetwood Mac was in an adjoining studio. Stevie Nicks and Suzi Quatro visited a couple recording sessions, while Bryan Ferry and Jerry Hall also checked out Larrabee and Fowley in action.
http://www.goldminemag.com/features/...#ixzz1FjqCorjs

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 03-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Check Out The New Stevie Nicks Album Cover!!
Seriously, ch-ch-check it out!!!
While the album In Your Dreams doesn't come out until May 3rd, here's a look at the gorgeous and FIERCE cover for it!!
Stevie will be playing with Rod Stewart on the Heart & Soul Tour, which starts March 20th if FL!!
Lookin' good, Stevie!!
Are U so excited for the new album??

http://perezhilton.com/2011-03-07-ne...ks-album-cover
Old 03-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rod Stewart is awful, but was once sort of interesting. Stevie Nicks, on the other hand, is the living embodiment of all that is repulsive and always has been. There was an OK singer in Fleetwood Mac's pop heyday, and she wasn't it. I'd rather suck a mouthful of maggots out of a dead dog's asshole than listen to or look at her. You can get diseases just from thinking about her. Have you seen her DANCE? Have you seen her CLOTHING? Have you heard her froggy, froggy croak? Horror, sheer horror.

http://lineout.thestranger.com/lineo...nd-rod-stewart
Old 03-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

“Basically, songwriting for me is a little bit like John Lennon said, ‘Say what you mean and put a back beat to it.’” Stewart said. “It’s about letting everything just come forth very quickly and it’s not so much siting down with a white piece of paper in a quiet room for days writing poetry.”

Much in that spirit is “Cheaper than Free,” a duet with Stevie Nicks. “Reese Witherspoon was sitting next to me on a couch in the studio. I was saying I was going to Nashville and she said, ‘You can stay at my condo.’ I’d never been to Nashville at that time, and Stevie said, ‘Yeah, that’ll be cheap.’ And Reese said, “what’s cheaper than free?” He and Nicks turned it into a song.

Apart from the album itself, Stewart is looking to release a film at around the same time. Using footage from the production of The Blackbird Diaries with some fictionalization, like Joss Stone as a fortune teller and singer-songwriter Diane Birch as a hypnotist, Stewart put together a story where the entire process of coming to Nashville and making the album was something of a dream.

http://www.americansongwriter.com/20...rts-wild-ride/
Old 03-16-2011, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[Excerpt from an article on the Classic Rock Art Show]

Traveling back in time to the heart of classic rock ‘n’ roll
March 15, 2011 by Jessica Herring

http://temple-news.com/2011/03/15/tr...E2%80%99-roll/

Lennon’s original drawings. In 1991, the curator of the show, Scott Segelbaum, created the Classic Rock Art Show in Los Angeles.

“I had worked in radio for over 20 years [and] I am a fan of classic rock,” Segelbaum said. “I love John Lennon’s artwork. Then I thought, it’s interesting – John Lennon, Jerry Garcia, David Burns from the Talking Heads and David Bowie went to art school. There is a common thread here. All of these people are artists, so I thought, ‘Why not do a rock ’n’ roll art show?’”

Segelbaum garnered artwork from classic rock musicians by soliciting band managers and publicists. He also received donations of artwork such as original paintings and handwritten lyrics. Segelbaum then created the show.

“We raised half a million dollars for an AIDS charity,” Segelbaum said. “On opening night, there was Elton John, Stevie Nicks, Brian Wilson, Graham Nash, Robby Kreiger from the Doors and Peter Frampton. It was a really incredible event.”

Since the show’s success, Segelbaum has curated a yearly art show. After accepting an offer to come to Philadelphia, his idea evolved.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Recap: 'Glee' - 'Original Song'
BY RYAN MCGEE

The notion that Rachel needed to find her true artistic voice through the process of singing her own words, not those of someone else, is a fantastic notion. The show tried to organically show her maturity as a songwriter as best it could, but didn’t do enough justice to make “Get It Right” or “Loser Like Me” feel earned as pieces of polished music.

But Lea Michele performed the hell out of “Right” anyways, turning it into the “Glee” version of Stevie Nicks screaming “Silver Springs” at Lindsey Buckingham during their legendary 1997 comeback concert. Even if “Glee” botched the plotting of the songwriting arc, it got Rachel to a point at which she broke past technical proficiency in favor of pure emoting.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/monkeys-...-original-song
Old 03-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Chef Profile: Aaron Horsewood
Restaurant: Eighteen One
Number of years in the restaurant business: 23
Past Experience:
A fourth-generation chef, began under Ray DiLulo at the Grove Hotel, personal chef to Bill Cosby and Stevie Nicks, appeared on the Food Network's Iron Chef of America as a sous chef to Beau MacMillan. Executive chef and founder of the Cowboy Restaurant and Brewery, the first restaurant in America to win the World Cup Hefeweizen award for food and beer pairings.

http://www.boiseweekly.com/boise/che...nt?oid=2121286
Old 03-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bret Michaels will bring his Get Your Rock On tour to MGM Grand
Norwich Bulletin
Michaels has produced and written material for other artists, including Stevie Nicks. He wrote and produced the song “Love's a Hard Game to Play,” which appeared on Nicks' platinum album “Timespace: The Best Of Stevie Nicks. ...

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/news/...#axzz1HZMNzopl
Old 03-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Vampires and owls and Stevie…OH MY!

Check out this newly released trailer promoting Stevie Nicks' highly-anticipated (by us) album, In Your Dreams! (above)

Again! Again! Again!

More! More! More!

http://perezhilton.com/2011-03-25-st...-album-trailer
Old 03-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hear Here: Stevie Nicks & Rod Stewart
Posted by James Reed March 30, 2011 10:00 AM

Sending your articleYour article has been sent. Yes, you'll hear "Stand Back" and "Edge of Seventeen." And yes, you can twirl around in your own black shawl when Stevie Nicks dusts off some Fleetwood Mac classics ("Gold Dust Woman," "Rhiannon") tonight when she and Rod Stewart hit the TD Garden for their new Heart and Soul Tour. (My colleague Sarah Rodman had a fun chat with Rod, which you can read here.)

I obviously love those Stevie moments as much as everyone else, but what do I really hope she performs tonight? This bit of synthesized brilliance from 1989's "The Other Side of the Mirror": Rooms On Fire.

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/blog/...ere_stevi.html