Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-25-2018, 06:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New European dates?

Is this purely a stadium tour or are there odds of arena/indoor dates being added to Europe?
Old 10-25-2018, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

At the moment it looks like they'll just be doing stadiums. I'm sure they'll look to add a few more dates but it seems the European tour will be far smaller than any other they've done. I've just looked at the Wembley Stadium presales and there are still loads of tickets available but they are ridiculous prices. Nearly £100 per ticket to be sat nearly 3 miles from the stage. No thanks- a big no way from me. I guess doing so few shows means they can avoid the ignominy of low ticket sales and low prices.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-25-2018, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmatrix View Post
Is this purely a stadium tour or are there odds of arena/indoor dates being added to Europe?
As I mentioned in other threads, I suspect/expect them to play the Dutch Pinkpofestival, which will be held in the Whitsuntide-weekend (8 till 10th of June). The schedule has lot's of room for it, just in between the Dublin and Berlin-shows.

it's the 50th Edition of Pinkpop and before they had McCartney, Springsteen and Stones as huge names ... they must be on Jan Smeets his list :-)

Usually the line-up will be announced early in the new year. Stadiumwise, they won't sell put the ArenA or De Kuip I guess ...

Last edited by SorcererJP; 10-25-2018 at 11:02 AM..
Old 11-06-2018, 02:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
As I mentioned in other threads, I suspect/expect them to play the Dutch Pinkpofestival, which will be held in the Whitsuntide-weekend (8 till 10th of June). The schedule has lot's of room for it, just in between the Dublin and Berlin-shows.

it's the 50th Edition of Pinkpop and before they had McCartney, Springsteen and Stones as huge names ... they must be on Jan Smeets his list :-)

Usually the line-up will be announced early in the new year. Stadiumwise, they won't sell put the ArenA or De Kuip I guess ...
As I told you ... :-)

Fleetwood Mac will play the Pinkpop-festival on Monday 1-th of June in Holland ...

https://www.nu.nl/muziek/5555405/fle...inkpop-af.html

https://www.pinkpop.nl/2019/

Last edited by SorcererJP; 11-06-2018 at 02:33 AM..
Old 11-06-2018, 03:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
As I told you ... :-)

Fleetwood Mac will play the Pinkpop-festival on Monday 1-th of June in Holland ...

https://www.nu.nl/muziek/5555405/fle...inkpop-af.html

https://www.pinkpop.nl/2019/
Good job calling it!

Unfortunately I couldn't care less for festivals. People are drunk, loud, annoying. It's hard to get close to the stage.

I went to London to see Stevie Nicks play at the Hyde Park festival. I'm a huuuge Nicks fan, so I should have enjoyed it, but it was really not that enjoyable. You're not immersed with the music at all at a festival.

Very happy to have bought tickets to see Fleetwood in Berlin even though it's 7/8 hours of travel.

Still hope they will add more "real" dates like in Cologne or Paris so I can take my boyfriend... 7/8 hours travel is too much for him.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmatrix View Post
Good job calling it!

Unfortunately I couldn't care less for festivals. People are drunk, loud, annoying. It's hard to get close to the stage.

I went to London to see Stevie Nicks play at the Hyde Park festival. I'm a huuuge Nicks fan, so I should have enjoyed it, but it was really not that enjoyable. You're not immersed with the music at all at a festival.
I agree with you, a festival like Pinkpop isn't exactly the place where you expect a band like Fleetwood Mac. A vast majority don't come for the particular act. The venue itselfs sucks major big time ... I think this will be their only gig in Holland/Belgium and the west of Germany. Now they don't have to play Antwerp, Amsterdam and Cologne ...

Although I went to the Rolling Stones there a couple of years ago, which hadn't really the festival-atmosphere .. everybody was there for The Sones ...

I was at Hyde Park too. Fortunatly I ended up at the Diamond Circle with an upgrade and a couple of fellow Dutch fans. I saw Stevie's and Tom's set from kind of first row ... hardly noticed that I was at a festival :-)

Last edited by SorcererJP; 11-06-2018 at 08:01 AM..
Old 11-06-2018, 07:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Trying to decide which show(s) to go to over there...Dublin and London are my first choices but they are too far apart date-wise. Decisions, decisions!
Old 11-06-2018, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Werchter Boutique as well

They'll play the Belgium festival Werchter Boutique on Saturday 8th of june as well ...

https://www.werchterboutique.be/nl/