Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Incredible Gold Dust Woman tonight.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just watched Gold Dust Woman and wow that was freaking epic! I thought it was killer in Pittsburgh but this is the best one I've ever seen. Stevie was so into it. Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-03-2017, 12:31 PM

Review: Stevie Nicks and the Pretenders find 'lost songs'

Stevie Nicks brought her “dark gothic trunk of lost songs” with her to the Prudential Center in Newark on Sunday night. It wasn’t a literal chest, of course, but she used this phrase, several times, to refer to the little-known material that made up much of the setlist.

This show was part of Nicks’ 24 Karat Gold Tour, which follows the 2014 release of her album, “24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault,” featuring new versions of previously unreleased songs she had written at various phases of her career. Nicks sang three of those songs (“Starshine,” “Belle Fleur” and “If You Were My Love”) in Newark, and built on the theme by also including rarities like “Crying in the Night” (from her 1973 album with Lindsey Buckingham, “Buckingham Nicks”) and “New Orleans” (her uplifting response to Hurricane Katrina, released on her 2011 album, “In Your Dreams”).

Nicks, 68, also talked a lot about the songs, especially the obscure ones, and told stories about what her life was like at the time they were written. As anyone who has heard her being interviewed knows, she’s a great raconteur — open and honest and always ready to delve into some fascinating tangent — and the stories made up a big portion of Sunday’s set. She was on stage for two hours and 20 minutes, and at least a half hour of that time was devoted to the stories.

There was still plenty of room in the show, of course, for hits, from both her solo career (“Edge of Seventeen,” “Stand Back”) and her albums with Fleetwood Mac (“Rhiannon,” “Gypsy”). She brought out Chrissie Hynde — who had opened the show with her band the Pretenders — to duet with her on “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around.” “Landslide” was the low-key, soulful show-closer. “Gold Dust Woman” was stretched out into a cathartic epic, as was the “In Your Dreams” track, “Moonlight (A Vampire’s Dream).”

Nicks — who also performs at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, N.Y., on Thursday — was in good voice throughout, and her eight-piece band, anchored by the guitarist Waddy Wachtel (a friend and associate of Nicks since her Buckingham Nicks days), played flawlessly. Artful, intricately detailed video projections were used on many songs.

One of Nicks’ most memorable stories was about how hearing Prince’s “Little Red Corvette” on a car stereo inspired her to write “Stand Back,” and how she got Prince himself to play on the song. She also explained why the “long black car” in “Belle Fleur” symbolizes a relationship-destroying force, and how the upbeat “Starshine” came to be recorded, nearly 40 years ago, with Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers — though it didn’t surface until “24 Karat Gold” simply because neither Nicks nor Petty was working on an album at the time.

Opening the show, the Pretenders began with two songs from their 2016 album “Alone” (“Gotta Wait” and the title track) before playing a dozen older tunes, almost all of which were hits. Hynde, like Nicks, has a distinctive voice, and it has held up well over the years. It’s worth noting, too, that “Gotta Wait” sounded as raw and urgent as any of the older songs. Maybe even more so.

The idea of a Nicks/Pretenders tour may not have made sense in 1980, when The Pretenders were lean, mean new-wave upstarts, and Fleetwood Mac was showing signs of superstar bloat with their “Tusk” album and tour. But somehow, it seems perfectly right in 2017, and when Nicks and Hynde sang together, on “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around,” they seemed like kindred spirits, totally comfortable with each other.

ROCK

WHO: Stevie Nicks, with the Pretenders

WHEN: 7 p.m. Thursday

WHERE: Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, N.Y., 800-745-3000, ticketmaster.com or nassaucoliseum.com

HOW MUCH: $47.50 to $148.50

ALSO: Nicks and Fleetwood Mac will headline Day Two of The Classic East, at 5 p.m. July 30 at Citi Field. Journey and Earth, Wind & Fire will also perform; The Eagles, Steely Dan and The Doobie Brothers will perform on July 29. Two-day passes, priced from $150 to $950, go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday via Ticketmaster.

http://www.northjersey.com/story/ent...nter/99804400/
Old 04-03-2017, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Just watched Gold Dust Woman and wow that was freaking epic! I thought it was killer in Pittsburgh but this is the best one I've ever seen. Stevie was so into it. Thanks for sharing!
That GDW was beyond amazing!!! Her vocals were WILD!!!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-03-2017, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That may very well be one of the greatest Gold Dust Woman's of all time. PAST or PRESENT!
Old 04-04-2017, 05:23 AM

STEVIE NICKS: “THE GOTHIC VAULT OF LOST SONGS” (Part 1)

Photography by Annie Govekar for Inspirer

Stevie Nicks shares stories, songs and twirls with an enthralled audience at her Newark, NJ concert on Sunday night.

“Opening Act”
The Pretenders kicked off the show as the night’s opening act.

“Dedicated to Stevie”
Chrissie Hynde finishes a song dedicated to Stevie Nicks and adds that the following song is also dedicated to Nicks. Hynde goes on to share, that in fact, all of the songs are for Stevie.

“Welcome to Newark”
Nicks welcomes the audience to the show and explains that this will be different from the other concerts they may have been to. She states that we are about to go on a journey of stories and music from her vault of lost songs.

“Stop Dragging My Heart Around”
Nicks is joined on stage by Chrissie Hynde to duet “Stop Dragging My Heart Around” much to the delight of the audience.

“Waddy”
Waddy Wachtel plays the guitar during the concert. Wachtel has been with Nicks since he played on the “Buckingham Nicks” record (1973).

“Bella Donna”
Nicks shows off the “Bella Donna” cape which cost two thousand dollars when purchased. “If you divide two thousand dollars by thirty years it really is a good deal.”

“Moonlight”
Nicks was inspired to write the song “Moonlight (A Vampire’s Dream)” after she watched the movie Twilight. Nicks went on to create an entire album after she was inspired to write again.

“Fan”
A fan holds up a tambourine while watching Nicks perform.

“Stand Back”
After Nicks started to record the song to Prince’s music she called him to let him know what was going on. She said her mother always told her, “You can do a lot of things Stevie, but you can never lie.” Prince ended up coming to the studio to play on the track.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:24 AM

STEVIE NICKS: “THE GOTHIC VAULT OF LOST SONGS” (Part 2)

“Gold Dust Woman”
“Gold Dust Woman” proves to be a crowd favorite. Nicks shared that the character she portrays changes depending on the show.

“The whole world has gone crazy!”
Nicks needs a moment after she declares that the world has gone crazy. She requested “don’t make me run for politics!” to cheers from the crowd.

“It was just a dream but I believed in it.”
Nicks tells the crowd that she became who she is because she believed in her dreams and she believed she was going to be successful. She offered the audience a pep talk telling them to believe in their dreams. “You are special and you are beautiful and you can do anything you want. Girls, don’t let anybody get in your way! Not while I’m around!”

“Now go out and save the world!”
Nicks told stories and preformed for over two hours before she danced into the night with a message for the audience to “go and save the world.” If Stevie says we need to go out and save the world, we better get to work.

http://inspirer.life/home/2017/04/st...lt-lost-songs/
Old 04-04-2017, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24karatstevie View Post
That may very well be one of the greatest Gold Dust Woman's of all time. PAST or PRESENT!
I think so. I didn't see the two that were filmed but what a shame this one wasn't shot professionally.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-12-2017, 05:13 AM

Stevie Nicks Stops Concert To Give An Inspirational Speech That No One Saw Coming!

Wise Words From The Queen!

As if I really needed to convince you of just how amazing Stevie Nicks is. You’ve heard us say it only a billion times, but it’s always worth mentioning. Stevie Nicks truly is one of the greatest carbon-based lifeforms we have on this planet. Her singing and beauty are the stuff of legend and she is regarded as one of the most iconic and influential rock singers of all time. She is often imitated, yet never duplicated. She is one of the best, pure and simple.

Stevie Nicks has been through it all. Over the years she has gained valuable wisdom and experience and each night at one of her shows it shows with her amazing spoken words. One such time took place in just one week ago in Newark, NJ!

What you’re about to watch is a video in which the aforementioned Stevie Nicks is performing at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. Halfway through the show Stevie Nicks stops her concert to give a touching motivational speech. To put it simply, in just 3 minutes Stevie Nicks will motivate you to take on the world! Don’t believe me? See for yourself!

http://societyofrock.com/stevie-nick...ne-saw-coming/