User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-11-2014, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
I was listening to this song the other day and thought the same thing.

If she does indeed do SFTV 2 I really hope Julia is on it. As well as: Cecilia, All The King's Horses, Forsaken Love and Sanctuary.
All these, as well as Rock a Bye Baby, Christian (Spinning Wheels), and Ooh Ooh Baby, and One More Tomorrow
Old 11-11-2014, 09:42 AM
Registered

Castaway: Songs from the Vault 2

1. All The Kings Horses
2. Sanctuary
3. Julia
4. The Maker's Of Birds
5. Forest of the Black Roses
6. Frustrated Love
7. Love You Enough
8. Wild Heart/Can't Go Back (Bonus Track)
9. Something Exquisite
10. Castaway
11. Joan of Arc
12. You Like Me (Bonus Track)
13. One More Tomorrow
14. Chanel, Chanel
15. Farewell Failure
16. Ooh Ooh Baby

photo photocat_zps9c5b5e9b.jpg
Old 11-11-2014, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^ Beautiful artwork and great design! Great job, Welcomechris!

However I don't like the title "Castaway". That really DOES make me think of them as "throwaway" tracks that weren't good enough, instead of 24 karat "golden tracks" that are rediscovered treasures. I love the song, though, and agree it would be nice to hear that one recorded properly.

Oh yeah, and your tracklist omits "Night Gallery", and we can't have that now can we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightback818 View Post
Mirror Mirror: Songs From the Vault 2!
That would be a nice contender for a title, even though (like "Julia") I think the B-side version that was on the "Blue Denim" cassingle, is perfection for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauphineMarie View Post
All these, as well as Rock a Bye Baby, Christian (Spinning Wheels), and Ooh Ooh Baby, and One More Tomorrow
I ADORE "Rock A Bye Baby" and would also love to hear this one redone!!!
Old 11-11-2014, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

lol I made some cover art too - this is my favourite thing to do ever

Old 11-11-2014, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Songs From The Vault II should be titled "Something Exquisite" and it should coincide with Nicks launching a perfume of the same name.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Today on my lunch break, I was surfing the web and going through one of the EXTENSIVE websites that lists all of Stevie's songs, demos, outtakes, etc. I decided to compile a list of unreleased Stevie songs that I think are pretty solid and enjoyable. This is a list of songs that I personally think she could do a great job, musically and vocally, with Songs From The Vault Part II. Surprisingly, out of the hundred or so songs I scanned through (and believe me, I've listened to ALL OF THEM throughout the years) I could only come up with a list of 20 songs that I personally enjoy. So I narrowed it down to 16 choices like the current deluxe track list of 24KG. My perfect track list for SFTV Part 2 would be...

1. Castaway
2. Mirror, Mirror
3. Baby Doll
4. Night Gallery
5. Cecelia
6. Maker Of Birds
7. Spinning Wheels (Christian)
8. Love You Enough
9. China Doll
10. Julia
11. Forest Of The Black Roses
12. Joan Of Arc
13. Forsaken Love
14. Impossible Task
15. Sanctuary
16. Rock A Bye Baby

I've said before that I think both "Julia" and "Mirror, Mirror" are perfection in their already completed forms, but she seems intent on re-recording the former for Part 2, and it also got me wondering if she could do a better job with the latter as well.

The other four tracks on my list of 20 are...

1. The Charmed Ones
2. Have No Heart
3.Something Exquisite
4. Space Needle

So if she is intent on saving my three favorite "Rhiannon" songs for some sort of special project (that will NEVER see the light of day ) then she could add three of these other four and I'd be cool!

This post, of course, is ALL just wishful dreaming on my part. And one can dream, right? Hell, she's recorded so many of my favorite demos on her past four projects, so I'll continue to "go on dreaming!"
Old 11-19-2014, 01:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Fannymac;1152458]I was glad to see the mention of a Vol. 2 as well! If "At The Fair" and "What Has Rock & Roll Ever Done For You" don't show up on the Fleetwood Mac album, I'm pretty sure they would make it on to a second edition of VAULT![QUOTE]

Those songs would be good editions to a Fleetwood Mac album. I don't know why she couldn't have just handed over a selected batch of demos to Lindsey and the band when they were recording, so they could at least work on some arrangements. When she eventually makes it into the studio, she can pick and refine the the ones that appeal to her. But that's way too functional and co- operational for her.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 11-19-2014 at 01:43 AM..
Old 11-19-2014, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
I've said before that I think both "Julia" and "Mirror, Mirror" are perfection in their already completed forms, but she seems intent on re-recording the former for Part 2, and it also got me wondering if she could do a better job with the latter as well.
I'm hoping for a second edition box set with material that didn't make it on Enchanted. Shes still has a lot of stray songs, including ones that were made or released before and after 1998, such as If You Ever Did Believe, At Last, You Can't Fix This, Needles and Pins, Not Fade Away, It Seems So Easy etc... I agree that Mirror Mirror and at least one selected take of Julia are worthy of release (as well as the original All The Beautiful Worlds). Fill out the set with songs from Soundstage Sessions, Trouble in Shangrila, and In Your Dreams, 24 Karat Gold and other rare songs I can't remember at the moment...another great collection to add to her legacy.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 11-19-2014 at 02:06 AM..
Old 11-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I agree that Mirror Mirror and at least one selected take of Julia are worthy of release (as well as the original All The Beautiful Worlds).
You know, it's interesting ~ up until the release of 24KG, I'd always considered ATBW to be a "finished" song. It was never one of my favorites, though...but I still thought it was "complete".

This original version came up on my iPod yesterday and as I was listening, for the first time it just didn't sound "complete". I missed the synth in the verses and bridge, the piano "plunking" was lazy and the drum beat was just lackluster and plain. Her vocal was always stellar, but I noticed for the first time that she's basically shouting. And I had to turn it off...and put the REAL version on!!!

I'm so glad she re-recorded it...and made it one of the best songs she's ever done! Like "Secret Love", she made one of my least favorite demos (or outtakes, in this case) and made it one of my absolute favorite!

...and, as usual, I've totally gotten off topic.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

I agree 100%! I never really liked ATBW that much but I love love love the 24K version. It's like the original was close to complete but missing something that's there in the official version to me.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:08 AM
Registered

1. All The Kings Horses
2. City of Hope
3. Julia
4. Jimmy, Come On Back
5. Something Exquisite
6. The Maker Of Birds
7. Forest Of The Black Roses
8. Forsaken Love
9. The Kennedy's
10. Castaway
11. Sanctuary
12. Joan Of Arc
13. Ooh Ooh Baby

What do you guys think?

Last edited by welcomechris; 02-17-2015 at 09:19 AM..
Old 02-17-2015, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Forsaken Love, Night Gallery, Forest of Black Roses = a truly GOTHIC MASTERPIECE with Three Birds of Rhiannon closing the album.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
8. Wild Heart/Can't Go Back (Bonus Track)
What a GREAT idea! She should totally record that version of Wild Heart for a second volume. I would think she knows at least a little that the version has a bit of a cult following. It's even been covered many times.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:06 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machu View Post
What a GREAT idea! She should totally record that version of Wild Heart for a second volume. I would think she knows at least a little that the version has a bit of a cult following. It's even been covered many times.
Just that demo version of wild heart has over 1 million views on YouTube
Old 02-17-2015, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Forsaken Love, Night Gallery, Forest of Black Roses = a truly GOTHIC MASTERPIECE with Three Birds of Rhiannon closing the album.
Have No Heart is certainly gothic as well