The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2014, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's a problem with American culture. We don't hold up our great artists and instead celebrate what's hot in the moment and most of all celebrity. Fleetwood Mac has yet to receive their due, really. It pains me when people think stars of far inferior talent are real "artists." And is there a better female singer-songwriter out there than Stevie?
Old 10-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
That's a problem with American culture. We don't hold up our great artists and instead celebrate what's hot in the moment and most of all celebrity. Fleetwood Mac has yet to receive their due, really. It pains me when people think stars of far inferior talent are real "artists." And is there a better female singer-songwriter out there than Stevie?
Patti Griffin Allison Krauss Dolly Parton
Old 10-10-2014, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Allison Krauss??

Joni Mitchell is the one who's really held up. Carole King too. For rock music, Stevie's up there.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:57 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Patti Griffin Allison Krauss
Old 10-10-2014, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Lindsey looks like he sucked on a lemon. They are definitely looking at something or someone.
That would be a good pose for Mount Rushmore.

Michele
Old 10-10-2014, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Perez Hilton 10/9/2014

http://perezhilton.com/2014-10-09-fl...r-announcement

Fleetwood Mac is BAAAACK!

The entire crew, including Stevie Nicks and long lost band member Christine McVie, (who took a 16-year hiatus from the group) rocked out on the TODAY Show plaza Thursday — proving little time has passed since they were a united front!

Singing their hits Little Lies, Gypsy, Go Your Own Way and The Chain, the legends happily crooned to crowds of their musical admirers on the streets of NYC.

They even had a special announcement for all their diehard fans— the group is adding 28 tour dates to their already 39-city On With the Show tour, which is set to begin on January 16 in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Ch-ch-check out all the performances to really bring you back (below)! Let's rock!

Read more: http://perezhilton.com/2014-10-09-fl...#ixzz3FnEturme
Old 10-10-2014, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That would be a good pose for Mount Rushmore.

Michele
It really would be. True.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Patti Griffin Allison Krauss Dolly Parton

I love Dolly , Allison and Patti.

I think there not many and only a few today that can fill Stevie's and other artists and bands of her generation.

This reminds my of the George Jones song "Whos gonna to fill their shoes"

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-11-2014, 03:55 AM
Senior Ledgie

So in the chorus of Little Lies, Brett is starting the repeating lick a bar later than on the record...
Old 10-11-2014, 08:03 AM
Ledgie

It was really great to see FM on the Today Show and they did well, especially considering the early hour. It seemed like they changed "Gypsy" so that Christine could sing it and Stevie was struggling with the change. I've seen her perform it too many other times and she's never had that problem before (except high notes--please remember that she blew out her vocal chords in the 70's but kept singing to keep the band together so that was a personal choice she made at the height of their career when her doctors were telling her to take at least a year off and not even talk). Overall, Stevie has never sounded better than she does now but Christine is really off key. Ugh!!!
Old 10-11-2014, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
That's a good question. I can think of many songwriters whose talents are greater, but they are either retired or dead (Laura Nyro, Joni Mitchell, Paula Cole, etc.) But as much as I love the likes of Nyro, no one has stage presence like Stevie. She's still going, and even if she has written new material in a while, she's still going. I give her props.

Within the band, however, I think Christine's songwriting chops trump Stevie's. I'm talking about the songs as a whole, craftsmanship, melody, etc. Not necessarily just lyrics. Both women have real strengths and real weaknesses as lyricists, but when I listen to "Lady" I'm inclined to believe Stevie has hit the stratosphere.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsnFan4Ever View Post
It was really great to see FM on the Today Show and they did well, especially considering the early hour. It seemed like they changed "Gypsy" so that Christine could sing it and Stevie was struggling with the change. I've seen her perform it too many other times and she's never had that problem before (except high notes--please remember that she blew out her vocal chords in the 70's but kept singing to keep the band together so that was a personal choice she made at the height of their career when her doctors were telling her to take at least a year off and not even talk). Overall, Stevie has never sounded better than she does now but Christine is really off key. Ugh!!!
Stevie has definitely sounded better (rasping), as have Lindsey (his voice is shot) and Christine (can be off key). The fact is that Christine hasn't sung properly in 16 years. The focus will come, I think. The videos from shows have been impressive given that long absence.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

They didn't sound great let's be honest, but as people have said, they didn't the last time they appeared either and it didn't stop people going to see them

I've been watching the Chicago shows on YouTube and I thought they sounded great. Christine's voice sounds as good as it did during The Dance for the most part, she had less range to lose so it's not as noticeable.

I'd ignore the Facebook/Twitter trolls, FM will be laughing all the way to the bank after this tour and the reception they're getting at the concerts shows how much love people still have for them
Old 10-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
They didn't sound great let's be honest, but as people have said, they didn't the last time they appeared either and it didn't stop people going to see them

I've been watching the Chicago shows on YouTube and I thought they sounded great. Christine's voice sounds as good as it did during The Dance for the most part, she had less range to lose so it's not as noticeable.

I'd ignore the Facebook/Twitter trolls, FM will be laughing all the way to the bank after this tour and the reception they're getting at the concerts shows how much love people still have for them
No they didn't sound great, that's true. To their credit though, the vocals were the only part of the performance that weren't up to scratch. The instrumental performance sounds just as great as it did in the seventies and I think just because their singing wasn't great on the day, people overlook the fact that playing the drums, bass, keyboards and guitar to such a high standard is not easy. They shouldn't be so criticised for their performance when only one aspect of it was flawed.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post

The trolls got to give the band a break.They are still on the road at their age.

We are so freaking lucky that our favorite band still at it.And specially now that Chris is back with them.

YouTube has the worse trolls around.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 10-11-2014 at 05:49 PM..