The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #106  
Old 01-21-2018, 04:21 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 13,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
There was one instigator who was behind both groups, the horse's ass pic we all posted,...all of it! It took YEARS until they finally banned her from The Ledge. Her name starts with a C...
The statute of limitations is up. It was Carrie, right?

She was a pistol ó I liked her.

Until I found out that she and her cohorts were making fun of me in private.

I would imagine that we're seriously off topic by now.
__________________
The Filmic I: Movie Notes
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 01-21-2018, 09:43 PM
iamnotafraid iamnotafraid is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,730
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

It was Carrie, right?

She was a pistol ó I liked her.

Until I found out that she and her cohorts were making fun of me in private.
I liked her too. A pistol she was.
Wish she was still here. She got
the jokes.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 01-21-2018, 10:24 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The statute of limitations is up. It was Carrie, right?

She was a pistol ó I liked her.

Until I found out that she and her cohorts were making fun of me in private.

I would imagine that we're seriously off topic by now.
She.... might..... have been behind most of the Ledge implosions. Directing. Producing. Puppeteering.

I have one good friend that is still good friends with her, so I'm trying to not outright call her what she is... Okay, I will. An evil genius. A complete instigator. A master manipulator.

And it was all fun and games until it felt like we were Nazis terrorizing the world. And then it was overload. It was a HUGE relief when she was finally banned from the Ledge.
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 01-22-2018, 12:53 AM
iamnotafraid iamnotafraid is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,730
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

I'm trying to not outright call her what she is... Okay, I will. An evil genius. A complete instigator. A master manipulator.

It was a HUGE relief when she was finally banned from the Ledge.
I must have missed something. From what I
remember, we joked back and forth. And more
than once she had my back - so to speak.

I must have been taking a break when she was
banned. As I don't remember it happening.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 01-22-2018, 08:42 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She.... might..... have been behind most of the Ledge implosions. Directing. Producing. Puppeteering.

I have one good friend that is still good friends with her, so I'm trying to not outright call her what she is... Okay, I will. An evil genius. A complete instigator. A master manipulator.

And it was all fun and games until it felt like we were Nazis terrorizing the world. And then it was overload. It was a HUGE relief when she was finally banned from the Ledge.
What was she banned for?
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 01-22-2018, 10:33 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
I must have missed something. From what I
remember, we joked back and forth. And more
than once she had my back - so to speak.

I must have been taking a break when she was
banned. As I don't remember it happening.
She was funny, and very witty, BUT, she was also the one PMing us, getting us to put horse's asses as our signature pics, etc... She loved to stir the pot, and stir the pot from a hidden place. She also started the "other boards".

To John, I don't really remember WHY she was banned, other than it was pretty common knowledge that she was an instigator, and always toed the line of not getting banned. I think things got really stressful here one too many times, and Michele got her banned??? I'm not certain on that, but I THINK that's how it went down. Don't quote me. I don't think she ever got all three strikes, but I think her cover as master manipulator was blown, and it was time to just show her the door.

All that said, I LOVED what the Ledge used to be. circa 2006/7. It was kind of like FB, in that we were here all the time. But to me, the death of THAT Ledge all lies on the "supermod" of the time, Johnny Stew. That kid that posted here all day long, starting thread after thread on the same topic....everyone bitching about it.....no one could stand him.....and Johnny Stew told us all, "he can do whatever he wants. Complain about him, and you'll be given strikes". The situation would have taken care of itself eventually, but giving that kid carte blanche to annoy the F out of us for months on end, caused the other boards to start, and ended was what was(to me) the glory days of The Ledge.
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 01-22-2018, 12:40 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,163
Default

I remember Carrie.. she was nice from what I remember.

Don't remember much about the fights and such.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 01-22-2018, 12:58 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I remember Carrie.. she was nice from what I remember.

Don't remember much about the fights and such.
I'm not known for my fantastic memory, so I'm sure somebody knows the deets of what actually happened(not saying my story is inaccurate, it's just how ~I~ remember it).
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 01-22-2018, 03:10 PM
AnthonyMI AnthonyMI is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Chicago
Posts: 722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I remember Carrie.. she was nice from what I remember.

Don't remember much about the fights and such.


One of the second lessons I learned about The Internet was that people could be false and crafty and say one thing to you in a Chat,say something completely different to someone else and watch and get satisfaction from seeing drama and chaos unfold. They also can create multiple screen names and log in from two machines at once in their home and carry on conversations posing as two different people. No learned all this the hard way. Thatís why I only come here for news, links, discussion and NEVER for friends or to get to know anyone beyond a casual reply to a thread about FM. Iíve been coming here LITERALLY half my life. Actually... MORE!? Holy crap.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 01-22-2018, 04:06 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
One of the second lessons I learned about The Internet was that people could be false and crafty and say one thing to you in a Chat,say something completely different to someone else and watch and get satisfaction from seeing drama and chaos unfold. They also can create multiple screen names and log in from two machines at once in their home and carry on conversations posing as two different people. No learned all this the hard way. Thatís why I only come here for news, links, discussion and NEVER for friends or to get to know anyone beyond a casual reply to a thread about FM. Iíve been coming here LITERALLY half my life. Actually... MORE!? Holy crap.
It's good to see you back for a bit. And I appreciate your effort in improving the board. You did good!!

Im only one person. (one personality from me is enough!!).

I get yelled at mostly for having strong opinions about Stevie's opinions. But, at least I get to voice them here. I've been angry w/ Lindsey, too. But, he really seems to have grown a lot over the last decade.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 01-22-2018, 07:24 PM
sodascouts's Avatar
sodascouts sodascouts is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 4,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But to me, the death of THAT Ledge all lies on the "supermod" of the time, Johnny Stew. That kid that posted here all day long, starting thread after thread on the same topic....everyone bitching about it.....no one could stand him.....and Johnny Stew told us all, "he can do whatever he wants. Complain about him, and you'll be given strikes". The situation would have taken care of itself eventually, but giving that kid carte blanche to annoy the F out of us for months on end, caused the other boards to start, and ended was what was(to me) the glory days of The Ledge.
That's complete BS - I certainly could "stand" him. I think Johnny Stew is a great guy. It's impossible to be a moderator without pissing people off (I know that from experience), but he did his best, and he wasn't the completely unfair egomaniac you're portraying him to be. I miss him around here.

Please, let's not turn this thread into a bash fest.
__________________
- Nancy


Last edited by sodascouts : 01-22-2018 at 07:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 01-22-2018, 07:41 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
That's complete BS - I certainly could "stand" him. I think Johnny Stew is a great guy. It's impossible to be a moderator without pissing people off (I know that from experience), but he did his best, and he wasn't the completely unfair egomaniac you're portraying him to be. I miss him around here.

Please, let's not turn this thread into a bash fest.
I forgot about Johnny Stew. That's a blast from the past.

I miss ChiliD, SteveMac... I think Shakin'up is coming back... let's hope..
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 01-22-2018, 07:45 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I forgot about Johnny Stew. That's a blast from the past.

I miss ChiliD, SteveMac... I think Shakin'up is coming back... let's hope..
i don't miss Johnny Stew. from what i've heard i was lucky he was not super-powerful by the time i joined TL, but he was still a mod and definitely not a a very nice guy towards me.

and yeah, hope ChiliD, SteveMac and Shakin'up come back!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 01-22-2018, 08:07 PM
sodascouts's Avatar
sodascouts sodascouts is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 4,196
Default

It's shackin'up, guys - like the line from GYOW. Man, he has been away too long if you can't remember that!

ETA: Unless you're talking about some other guy I'm not familiar with. If so, my apologies to Shakin'up, whoever you may be.
__________________
- Nancy


Last edited by sodascouts : 01-22-2018 at 08:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 01-22-2018, 08:19 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
It's shackin'up, guys - like the line from GYOW. Man, he has been away too long if you can't remember that!

ETA: Unless you're talking about some other guy I'm not familiar with. If so, my apologies to Shakin'up, whoever you may be.
you're right - and we are a bit dyslexic!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat (Nicks)
$2299.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat (Nicks) pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks
$899.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee)
$499.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee) pictureFLEETWOOD MAC A RARE PROOF ARTWORK FOR THE DANCE
$421.88
FLEETWOOD MAC A RARE PROOF ARTWORK FOR THE DANCE  picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved