Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Deep Dense

I was listening to my "Fleetwood Mac Friday IPod" today and Deep Dense came on. I sure hope that song surfaces soon on an album. It's a great song. I can see it with Christine's voice added in.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I was listening to my "Fleetwood Mac Friday IPod" today and Deep Dense came on. I sure hope that song surfaces soon on an album. It's a great song. I can see it with Christine's voice added in.
Doesn't it date to the Buckingham Nicks era? The recording with the two of them is great. And they lyrics sound much more Stevie than Lindsey. I thought she wrote it?
Old 02-03-2017, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only recording I have is with his vocal on it. I thought it was written in the early 90's. I never heard it until around then.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

yeah there's a Stevie Lindsey version.. I'll see if I can find
Old 02-03-2017, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It actually goes back to Fritz. Javier posted it on youtube and it's attributed to Stevie.

Stevie Nicks sings an original song performed live by the members of the Fritz Rabyne Memorial Band at Fremont High School, Sunnyvale, 1968, with Brian Kane (guitar), Lindsey Buckingham (bass), Javier Pacheco (Hohner Clavinet), and Bob Aguirre (drums). Reunion pictures at the end were taken at the Concord Pavilion, Concord, CA (after a FM show) in June 2004.

Slideshow by Javier Pacheco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Y5...jsFyqJdKcFpX9z
Old 02-04-2017, 07:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
It actually goes back to Fritz. Javier posted it on youtube and it's attributed to Stevie.

Stevie Nicks sings an original song performed live by the members of the Fritz Rabyne Memorial Band at Fremont High School, Sunnyvale, 1968, with Brian Kane (guitar), Lindsey Buckingham (bass), Javier Pacheco (Hohner Clavinet), and Bob Aguirre (drums). Reunion pictures at the end were taken at the Concord Pavilion, Concord, CA (after a FM show) in June 2004.

Slideshow by Javier Pacheco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Y5...jsFyqJdKcFpX9z
i

Thanks for the clarification. I never heard that and I don't have that on my Fritz songs. Well I guess we will have to wait for a Fritz official release which I guess will probably never happen.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
yeah there's a Stevie Lindsey version.. I'll see if I can find
yup it was originally Stevie-written song that Fritz did live. that version is very very different from what Lindsey did with it in the 90s. he took the original chorus and changed it somewhat and then added verses which have nothing to do with the original lyrics or structure, and did some interesting arrangements under all of it. just goes to show you how much he can build on top of rudimentary templates.

i LOVE all Lindsey's versions of Deep Dense. he claims there's the fast and the slow version. all different versions we know from the 90s are about the same [mid]tempo so i have no clue what he means by the slow and the fast.

if you do the search here on The Ledge you will find several discussion threads on Deep Dense since i've been on LB for several years to perform it live, which he usually just laughed off.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-19-2017, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yup it was originally Stevie-written song that Fritz did live. that version is very very different from what Lindsey did with it in the 90s. he took the original chorus and changed it somewhat and then added verses which have nothing to do with the original lyrics or structure, and did some interesting arrangements under all of it. just goes to show you how much he can build on top of rudimentary templates.

i LOVE all Lindsey's versions of Deep Dense. he claims there's the fast and the slow version. all different versions we know from the 90s are about the same [mid]tempo so i have no clue what he means by the slow and the fast.

if you do the search here on The Ledge you will find several discussion threads on Deep Dense since i've been on LB for several years to perform it live, which he usually just laughed off.
for whatever reason i just googled it and somebody uploaded some of his VERY VERY rough demos of it here - the first 2 versions are not as bad as the Fritz version that Xavier shared but they are pretty cringeworthy

3 different versions:
  • The first one is labelled as "Cassette Demo".
  • The second is listed as "Track 1"
  • The third is listed as "Track 2" = the more polished version that we know and love!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 11-19-2017 at 04:19 PM..