Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-13-2015, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
By The Gay UK, Sep 13 2015 04:03PM

http://www.thegayuk.com/magazine/457...ecord/10129009

However, the making of this album hasn’t been a straight forward process. At one point Leona wasn’t sure whether she was going to make another record, and was writing songs without a specific aim other than the sole, pure purpose of making music again. Luckily, a chance encounter spurred her on when she was invited to a small Fleetwood Mac gig. She had never met them before but has always been a huge Stevie Nicks fan. A friend shoved her forward to meet the band for the first time and Nicks was quick to greet Leona.

“She grabbed hold of me, hugged me and started singing my song to me. She sang 'Bleeding Love' and then she was like: "You have to keep going, we need you, we need your music." She won’t know what a huge impression she made on me and how much she inspired me and inspired this record but she did give me that spur of encouragement. She is awesome. Everyone needs a Stevie in their life,” she laughs.
I wonder what the "small Fleetwood Mac gig" was.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lady Antebellum's Charles Kelley Announces First Solo Album With Nashville Showcase

And Stevie will be a part of it:

“Perhaps the strongest performance of the evening was his cover of Tom Petty’s “Southern Accents,” which Johnny Cash also recorded on 1996’s Unchained. Kelley said the lyrics of the song reminded him of his father, who sold Bibles to pay his way through medical school. He excitedly told the crowd that Stevie Nicks would be adding harmonies on the recorded track of the song.”

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.

Last edited by Danielle; 09-30-2015 at 10:38 PM..
Old 10-10-2015, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[excerpt from article about a restaurant owner ]

Former Falmouth Restaurant Owner Pens Memoir

Posted: Friday, October 9, 2015 12:00 am Cape News

http://www.capenews.net/arts_and_ent...5af9f7edc.html

By JOANNE BRIANA-GARTNER

Don McKeag, former Falmouth resident and one-time owner of the Flying Bridge Restaurant on Falmouth Harbor, has written a memoir of his colorful life and the people he’s encountered along the way. Mr. McKeag will be at the Flying Bridge Friday, October 9, from 3 to 6 PM to sign copies of “Well At Least I Owned a Rolls Royce” and to chat with former patrons and friends who frequented the Flying Bridge in the 1980s when Mr. McKeag was at its helm.

Although he mingled with hollywood and political elite, Mr. McKeag was not one to cater to the whims of the rich and famous. One chapter has him refusing to ask Flying Bridge customers to leave at the request of Stevie Nicks and her entourage who wanted the entire restaurant to themselves, and adding a few choice words about Ms. Nicks’s musical talent in front of a patron who turned out to be musician James Taylor.

About Ted Kennedy, Mr. McKeag said that although “we didn’t always agree politically, I loved him. He was so kind and fun. He hated snobbery.”
Old 10-14-2015, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

While CM (or her people) are "whistling" (or whatever it is) Stevie is Tweeting about things that are obviously more important to her...
Old 10-15-2015, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post

While CM (or her people) are "whistling" (or whatever it is) Stevie is Tweeting about things that are obviously more important to her...

i'd rather Stevie be tweeting pics of herself over here thanks.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Landslide" the song that keeps putting $$$ in Stevie's bank account...
Old 10-25-2015, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wireless Goodness 10/25/2015 by Lena Tucker - at October 25, 2015

http://wirelessgoodness.com/2015/10/...etflix-at3406/

[excerpt from Rock the Kasbah review]

The thing is, before it recalls a worse version of the mediocre "Million Dollar Arm", "Rock the Kasbah" starts out OK as the story of a rock legend-adjacent has-been who retells the same questionable stories about Stevie Nicks headbutting him and how he was the reason Jimi Hendrix played "The Star-Spangled Banner" at Woodstock rather than working to create new, credible anecdotes.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

Here's where Stevie was staying in Sydney, sorry if its already been posted.
Where Stevie stayed in Sydney 2015 photo gcjgh_zpssynqhlkz.jpg
Old 11-01-2015, 06:22 AM

30 Years Ago: Tom Petty’s ‘Pack Up the Plantation’ Marks First Official Live Release
By Nick DeRiso October 31, 2015 11:27 AM

Old friends suddenly reappeared. Stevie Nicks was featured on two cuts, including “Insider” and “Needles and Pins,” the latter of which originally came to fame via the Searchers. Both were from the Heartbreakers’ 1981 dates, in the same period that Petty dueted with Nicks on “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around” from the Fleetwood Mac singer’s solo debut.) These archival items featured original bassist Ron Blair, while replacement Howie Epstein appeared on the rest.

Read More: 30 Years Ago: Tom Petty's 'Pack Up the Plantation' Marks First Official Live Release | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/tom-p...ckback=tsmclip
Old 11-01-2015, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyleo View Post
Here's where Stevie was staying in Sydney, sorry if its already been posted.
The article was posted, but we didn't have the scan. Thank you.

Michele
Old 11-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From a People Magazine Article on Lennon & Maisy Stella

http://www.people.com/article/nashvi...mas-2015-style

BY KRISTEN CAIRES @kristencaires 11/04/2015 AT 11:15 AM EST People Magazine

Despite their quick rise to fame, Lennon admits that she still gets starstruck, including having the ultimate fan girl moment when she met Stevie Nicks: "I didn't even know what to say! It was the craziest experience of my life!"
Old 11-06-2015, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://http://www.billboard.com/arti...use-heartbreak
Tom Petty Reveals Struggles With Heroin Abuse and Heartbreak in Must-Read Biography: Exclusive Excerpts

1985's "Don't Come Around Here No More" was a breakthrough smash for Petty, but it almost didn't happen: He, co-writer/producer Dave Stewart of Eurythmics and co-producer Jimmy Iovine made it in a recording session for Stevie Nicks.
"Tom had come down, and he liked what we were working on," explains Nicks. "I was writing madly. I had my little book, and I was just writing, writing, writing. Tom, Jimmy and Dave were sort of talking. But it was five in the morning, and I was really tired. So I said, 'I'm going to go. I'm leaving you guys, and I'll be back tomorrow.' I left, and when I got back the next day, at something like 3 p.m., the whole song was written. And not only was it written; it was spectacular. Dave was standing there saying to me, 'Well, there it is! It's really, really good.' And they go to me, 'Well, it's terrific, and now you can go out ... and you can sing it.' Tom had done a great vocal, a great vocal. I just looked at them and said, 'I'm going to top that? Really?' I got up, thanked Dave, thanked Tom, fired Jimmy and left."

So now Stevie claims she fired Jimmy over this, wasn't the story prevously that he quit because she was becoming increasingly difficult to work with?

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Sanne2; 11-07-2015 at 07:11 AM..
Old 11-06-2015, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^Oh, that's hilarious. I mean, even if she did fire Jimmy that wouldn't have been why.

Michele
Old 11-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[From 20 Questions with Jimm Simon] Winnipeg Sun 11/7/2015

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2015/11/0...ith-jimm-simon

As the first executive director for the Friends of Upper Fort Garry, Jimm Simon is very excited to be involved in the ongoing development of this new provincial park.

“It’s a fantastic opportunity to be using new technologies like our app to bring history alive for a new generation,” he said.

For more than 30 years, Simon has worked as a museum planner, manager and consultant. He also lends his time to many other charities. He is the former national board chair of the Canadian Cancer Society, a life member of the Association of Manitoba Museums, and the Pipe Major of the Khartum Shrine Pipes and Drums.

Simon is also working with Community Living Interlake to develop social enterprise businesses for people living with intellectual disabilities.

5. Who was your childhood celebrity crush?

Stevie Nicks. I’ve been a fan since before Fleetwood Mac.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Article on Hair Stylist Jen Atkin's road to success mentions Stevie

New York Times, 11/17/2015 By BEE SHAPIRONOV

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/19/fa...orld.html?_r=0

In 2000, she landed a job as a receptionist at the prestigious Estilo salon. “I was, like, feeding Stevie Nicks and Bette Midler’s meters for about two years,” she said. It was also where she saw talented stylists crash and burn from drugs and overspending. “It was people who had a lot of clothes in the closet, no money in the bank,” she said. “They thought they were the celebrities, that this would never end.”