User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Default Little Lies

Several years ago I commented that Little Lies was about Lindsey's probable leaving Fleetwood Mac. I heard Christine say it in a 1987 interview how the little lies were how Lindsey kept winking saying he was staying in the band but she and the rest of the band knew he was going to leave. No one seemed to believe me. Here is a 1990 interview where Christine says it again at 7:00 how the song can be interpreted as a love song but there is a hidden and secret meaning about Lindsey going to leave the band. Earlier in the interview also has Stevie saying how she was not much around in the studio during Tango and they appreciated her "vibe" when she was there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzVLZkSCOhM

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-09-2017 at 04:55 AM..
Old 12-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default .........tell me lies

Great find. I enjoyed the perspective of the band at the time when Billy and Rick were in the band. Speaking of Little Lies. I liked the live version during the Billy/Rick years ...loved it live when Christine rejoined the band but it didn't work for me on the Buck/McVie tour without Stevie's part.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks for sharing!! listening to it, youtube brought this up right after it, an MTV behind the scenes special of them prepping and touring 1988:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrW7pySlxWQ
Old 12-09-2017, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Several years ago I commented that Little Lies was about Lindsey's probable leaving Fleetwood Mac. I heard Christine say it in a 1987 interview how the little lies were how Lindsey kept winking saying he was staying in the band but she and the rest of the band knew he was going to leave. No one seemed to believe me. Here is a 1990 interview where Christine says it again at 7:00 how the song can be interpreted as a love song but there is a hidden and secret meaning about Lindsey going to leave the band. Earlier in the interview also has Stevie saying how she was not much around in the studio during Tango and they appreciated her "vibe" when she was there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzVLZkSCOhM
wow, thanks for sharing that. i hate they have music going loud over half of what she's saying because it's very interesting.

so Little Lies was her message to Lindsey, because she was sensing he'll be leaving the band, she says.

went back to lyrics and you can definitely read them that way:

If I could turn the page
In time then I'd rearrange just a day or two
Close my, close my, close my eyes
But I couldn't find a way
So I'll settle for one day to believe in you
Tell me, tell me, tell me lies
Tell me lies
Tell me sweet little lies
(Tell me lies, tell me, tell me lies)
Oh, no, no you can't disguise
(You can't disguise, no you can't disguise)
Tell me lies
Although I'm not making plans
I hope that you understand there's a reason why
Close your, close your, close your eyes
No more broken hearts
We're better off apart let's give it a try
Tell me, tell me, tell me lies
Tell me lies

how fitting they did Little Lies on BuckVie tour then, considering all this!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-09-2017, 02:52 PM

They spent a. lot of time together in the Tango sessions. So, I'm sure she knew before anyone that he would leave.

They had this kindred spirit thing that Stevie and Lindsey never had. A deep friendship in music, if you will.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

We knew the Tango sessions were a challenge but until recently we learn how deplorable they really were especially for Lindsey. Mick was buying drugs on Lindsey's property. Stevie would show up drunk and late. Lindsey had to be creative and use parts of Stevie's recorded voice to finish songs. Anyone with a clear mind (Christine) could tell Lindsey wanted nothing more to do with them. Lindsey felt pressure to get Mick out of bankruptcy and do this album. I remember a Tango promotion radio hour that was right when Tango came out. They specifically asked Lindsey about touring. He said it was not discussed and the silence on the matter could be interpreted in different ways. He did his part. He finished the album. He did promos. He made 3 videos.
I had to laugh at the Stevie part where she says she was hardly in the studio for Tango but the rest of the band loved her vibe when she came. Knowing what we know today, its funny. Yeah I am sure they loved her "vibe" LOL

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-09-2017 at 03:52 PM..
Old 12-09-2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
We knew the Tango sessions were a challenge but until recently we learn how deplorable they really were especially for Lindsey. Mick was buying drugs on Lindsey's property. Stevie would show up drunk and late. Lindsey had to be creative and use parts of Stevie's recorded voice to finish songs. Anyone with a clear mind (Christine) could tell Lindsey wanted nothing more to do with them. Lindsey felt pressure to get Mick out of bankruptcy and do this album. I remember a Tango promotion radio hour that was right when Tango came out. They specifically asked Lindsey about touring. He said it was not discussed and the silence on the matter could be interpreted in different ways. He did his part. He finished the album. He did promos. He made 3 videos.
I had to laugh at the Stevie part where she says she was hardly in the studio for Tango but the rest of the band loved her vibe when she came. Knowing what we know today, its funny. Yeah I am sure they loved her "vibe" LOL
I laughed about that, too. Especially, hearing stories about those sessions. Another big roll your eyes... Me.. me... me...
Old 12-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
They spent a. lot of time together in the Tango sessions. So, I'm sure she knew before anyone that he would leave.

They had this kindred spirit thing that Stevie and Lindsey never had. A deep friendship in music, if you will.

A deep understanding through their music.Its true.
Stevie may write (or did) fabulous songs but she is not a musician in the true sense, as Christine is..
Also it’s hard to have a true friendship with an ex lover..
Old 12-10-2017, 01:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's interesting, because she's said that Over My Head was about him also... about what he was like to work with when they first joined the band, and again it's a song she formulated under the guise of a love song.

You can take me to paradise,
And then again you can be cold as ice
I'm over my head,
But it sure feels nice.

You can take me anytime you like,
I'll be around if you think you might
wanna love me baby,
And hold me tight.

Your mood is like a circus wheel,
You're changing all the time,
Sometimes I can't help but feel,
That I'm wasting all of my time.

Think I'm looking on the dark side,
But everyday you hurt my pride,

I'm over my head,
But it sure feels nice,
I'm over my head,
But it sure feels nice.

I always wondered if Heart of Stone was about him as well.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 12-10-2017 at 01:29 AM..
Old 12-10-2017, 01:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd kill to know if they ever messed around together...

I AM happy with who Lindsey has finally become. Almost an exact opposite of his former self. He seems to have let all that angst and anger go.

Or has he?
Old 12-10-2017, 08:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
A deep understanding through their music.Its true.
Stevie may write (or did) fabulous songs but she is not a musician in the true sense, as Christine is..
Also it’s hard to have a true friendship with an ex lover..
She was concentrating on her own career and stoned half the time. Stevie did not write one fabulous song for Tango in the Night. The only good thing she contributed was a great vocal for Seven Wonders and Little Lies.

Great cover of this song.
https://youtu.be/X-3qOkEtml8

Last edited by Jondalar; 12-10-2017 at 08:41 AM..
Old 12-10-2017, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine mentions Little Lies in this BBC interview
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08tvjlw#playt=0h00m00s
Old 12-10-2017, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougl View Post
Christine mentions Little Lies in this BBC interview
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08tvjlw#playt=0h00m00s
thanks. i couldn't find anything specifically about what LL is about, maybe i missed it? she mentions the song, but doesn't say anything about it really, other than that she likes it, sounded like she can'r decide between all her songs whether LL or Don't Stop might be the most significant. she says something about Don't Stop becoming the anthem for so many made it important to her too, or something like that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

I AM happy with who Lindsey has finally become. Almost an exact opposite of his former self. He seems to have let all that angst and anger go.

Or has he?
Oh, I think they messed around together. At least once.

I’m not so sure if Lindsey let all that anger go, but indeed he has changed a lot, probably thanks to his wife and kids.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

I've always wondered about Stevie and John,.... they were very tactile during the Tusk photo shoot(s) and in the behind the scenes footage whilst everyone else was who knows where, he was hanging with Stevie while she got her makeup done off in some side room.