User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-03-2005, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
I hated the guy who sang Queen, but apparently he sounded "just like Freddie Mercury." I must have not been listening well
Me too! I kept waiting for one of the judges to drag out the "Pitchy" comment, but perhaps they've retired it this season. If that guy makes it any farther, I have a feeling they'll need to dust it off and re-instate it.

And I'm with you -- I HATE the audition shows. Having the skin crawl up my back for two hours a week is not my idea of entertainment.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxxed
Me too! I kept waiting for one of the judges to drag out the "Pitchy" comment, but perhaps they've retired it this season. If that guy makes it any farther, I have a feeling they'll need to dust it off and re-instate it.

And I'm with you -- I HATE the audition shows. Having the skin crawl up my back for two hours a week is not my idea of entertainment.
That guy was terrible! LOL

And the one guy who sounded just like a woman...wow

I was typing on the computer not looking at the screen...and I heard him introduce himself and I swear I thought it was a woman...and then I turned around and saw the screen.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

No, they did tell one girl that she was a bit "pitchy" at times - of course, I thought she was great, lol!

I don't really hate the audition shows, I think they're pretty amusing. But enough is enough - 3 weeks of it was way too much, IMO.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
No, they did tell one girl that she was a bit "pitchy" at times - of course, I thought she was great, lol!

I don't really hate the audition shows, I think they're pretty amusing. But enough is enough - 3 weeks of it was way too much, IMO.
I agree.

But they auditioned in more cities this year...so
Old 02-03-2005, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

I just want to know why it's OK for the men to be overweight on there with Simon, but forget it with the women. I don't think he ever told Reuben that he was overweight. It just ticks me off.

Some of their choices really made me wonder. Paula saying that guy was better than James Brown. Was she kidding? No way! Opera girl, I had to hold my ears, too. And OMG, her clothes! Image problem there, I don't know who was worst dressed, the one last night that dressed like a hooker or opera girl. And I really couldn't tell who was the better singer with the twin guys, but I thought they were both OK.

Yeah, I don't know why I watch it at the beginning. Well, nothing really else on I guess, but some of those people that really can't sing, how could they embarrass theirself on national TV like that?

Lee
Old 02-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
Yeah, I don't know why I watch it at the beginning. Well, nothing really else on I guess, but some of those people that really can't sing, how could they embarrass theirself on national TV like that?

Lee
To get on tv
Old 02-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
I just want to know why it's OK for the men to be overweight on there with Simon, but forget it with the women. I don't think he ever told Reuben that he was overweight. It just ticks me off.
Ruben isn't overweight, he's obese. And he's not even 30.

Old 02-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is my first season watching. I'm an AI virgin. I think these auditioning epsiodes are absolutely hilarious! It has Sara and I cracking up. The man that sounded just like a woman cracked me up. I did feel bad for him afterword, though, when he was out there bawling..... And when that one woman was dressed up as a cow, was pulling her udders.... I was rollin. She was only on there for a second, though.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
To get on tv
They've resorted to hiring actors to do the bad auditions. I spotted a few of them last night. The one that really stands out is the guy with the glasses who did the rap for the judges. He used to have his own show on Comedy Central and does commercials for DiGiorno pizza. They must think we're ****ing idiots.

Old 02-03-2005, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
They've resorted to hiring actors to do the bad auditions. I spotted a few of them last night. The one that really stands out is the guy with the glasses who did the rap for the judges. He used to have his own show on Comedy Central and does commercials for DiGiorno pizza. They must think we're ****ing idiots.
They must. I recognized the guy immediately and was waiting for them to admit that he's an actor/comedian. I couldn't believe they didn't. It was completely ridiculous.

Old 02-03-2005, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjupiter678
They must. I recognized the guy immediately and was waiting for them to admit that he's an actor/comedian. I couldn't believe they didn't. It was completely ridiculous.
And the kicker was the staged outrage/hissy fit he threw when he was told he wasn't going to Hollywood.

That was the straw that broke the camel's back, I will no longer be watching.

Old 02-03-2005, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Brwn_eyes0511] -

Love your signature! My Fender Rhodes look exactly like that!!

Back OT - Bring back the crunk dude!! And I love the blue-hair opera singer, Brianna!

The Just Like A Woman dude? Whoa! Simon's comment about being confused -whether he's a Michael or a Martha, or whatever he said, bwah!
Old 02-03-2005, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Except that Chris Wylde's audition wasn't bad - it was certainly better than most rap I am forced to hear on the radio or watch on MTV (Although I don't guess that's really saying much... ).
Old 02-09-2005, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Finally! Some real competition tonight. Although I notice they're still using old Whitney songs. I wish they'd play the whole "Young Hearts Run Free" song from the '90s Romeo & Juliet movie. Now I can't stop singing it.

And I caught Paula & Ryan on Larry King just after AI aired, and the funniest thing happened:

Larry got Ryan talking about his metrosexual image, blah blah blah. And Paula somewhere chirped in asking Ryan about Botox, which he *of course* denied using. Then they move onto other subjects for a while, and the last phone call question went like this --

Larry: "Hello caller, what is your question?"
Male Caller: "Ryan, you just said that you don't get Botox injections. But what about BUTTOCK INJE?"

Larry cut the dude off very quickly.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Finally! Some real competition tonight. Although I notice they're still using old Whitney songs. I wish they'd play the whole "Young Hearts Run Free" song from the '90s Romeo & Juliet movie. Now I can't stop singing it.

And I caught Paula & Ryan on Larry King just after AI aired, and the funniest thing happened:

Larry got Ryan talking about his metrosexual image, blah blah blah. And Paula somewhere chirped in asking Ryan about Botox, which he *of course* denied using. Then they move onto other subjects for a while, and the last phone call question went like this --

Larry: "Hello caller, what is your question?"
Male Caller: "Ryan, you just said that you don't get Botox injections. But what about BUTTOCK INJE?"

Larry cut the dude off very quickly.

It was probably one of Howard Stern's cronies. Have you ever seen that religious channel when they call in and harass that decrepit old nun? OMFG!!!!! They called in once and said "Is it true you had anal sex and loved it?"