Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-16-2003, 06:42 PM
Ledgie

Thumbs up Reprise likely to release "Gift of Screws" later this year

According to a published report, LB is coming out with a big surprise later this year and it is highly likely (not guaranteed) that it will be news of the long awaited release of his solo album "Gift of Screws". I am with everyone else on this board that is extremely frustrated that "Twist of Fate" has not been released in some fashion to the general public. This is great and exciting news!!! Looking forward to TOF being the first single . Caution: The source indicated that it will definitely either be news of the release of his new cd or a video.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default In the words of Pepe LePew...

Le pant...Le pant...Le pant...

Actually I think that was the girl cat in all those cartoons...but you all get what I'm saying!!!!

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 07-16-2003, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation I swear to all that is holy...

If this is false information, I'm gonna bust heads!!!! LOL

HOLY FRICKIN CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is this published report?!!?!?!?!
Old 07-17-2003, 06:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The "surprise LB has in the works" is undoubtedly the 'Making of Say You Will' DVD. I'm sure all of us will be more than eager to get our hands on this as opposed to an official release of the GOS songs we all have (this is if we had to choose one, I'm saying!)

Seeing LB (and the rest - but especially Lindsey) doing what they do in the studio, will be so good... I just hope they're really generous with the amount of recording footage, and don't just go for the dramatic moments!!

As for Gift of Screws being released (when about a 1/3 or so of it already has been via Say You Will), there's a lot of things I could point out that make it seem unlikely, but I think the main point is, as Lindsey would say, GOS was a different 'space in time', and that's passed now.

The good songs - like Down On Rodeo, Shuffle Riff, TOF etc - may hopefully appear reworked in the (hopefully) forthcoming studio album.
Old 07-17-2003, 07:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
The "surprise LB has in the works" is undoubtedly the 'Making of Say You Will' DVD. I'm sure all of us will be more than eager to get our hands on this as opposed to an official release of the GOS songs we all have (this is if we had to choose one, I'm saying!)

Seeing LB (and the rest - but especially Lindsey) doing what they do in the studio, will be so good... I just hope they're really generous with the amount of recording footage, and don't just go for the dramatic moments!!

As for Gift of Screws being released (when about a 1/3 or so of it already has been via Say You Will), there's a lot of things I could point out that make it seem unlikely, but I think the main point is, as Lindsey would say, GOS was a different 'space in time', and that's passed now.

The good songs - like Down On Rodeo, Shuffle Riff, TOF etc - may hopefully appear reworked in the (hopefully) forthcoming studio album.

I think your right. I don't think he's going to put out this goldmine of songs, because he is so eager to get the mac in the spotlight again, with like he said himself "hopefully" a new studio-album. I think the only chance of this surprise being GOS is if Stevie announced to him that she' is going to do a solo-album after this tour.

Old 07-17-2003, 07:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default ...ouch, i forgot....

I know I'm foolish, but I just want this to be true:

I've got the impression that they will add a couple of dates more and tour 'till december. Have 6 weeks off and then do London Amsterdam, Paris , Berlin, Barcelona and Rome. Oh, no Down under first in Februari, by then it's summer there and then do Europe in April. So they can be back in june for starting a new studio-album called Given Thing......

gerald

Old 07-17-2003, 09:09 AM

I seriously doubt it will be Gift of Screws. However, I must disagree my fellow Down Under fan: I'd much rather get that than a video. Screw the video. You can't take it with you in the car. You can't play it at work. But a CD you can.

Plenty of songs left though:

Deep Dense
Gift of Screws
Twist of Fate
Down on Rodeo
Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind
Try for the Sun
She Smiled Sweetly
Gotta Get Away
Given Thing
Shuffle Riff
Wear You Down
The Singer Not the Song
Blue Turns to Grey

That's 13 right there. Then there's still Big Yellow Taxi and possibly a studio version of My Little Demon. And I'm sure by now, Lindsey has a couple more tracks.
Old 07-17-2003, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation LMAO!!

I just thought of something. I really wanna hear BRAND NEW never heard before songs. I don't really WANT to hear most of the GOS songs that aren't on SYW!! LOL TOF is a great song, so is GOS, etc...but really and truly, I wanna hear his most up to date stuff, and I DO NOT want to hear it via the net, I want them to keep it in a vault until release, then, BAM....the CD comes out and I hear it for the first time EVER on my CD player....ahhhh.....

*POOF*

Wow, what a cool dream!!!
Old 07-17-2003, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
I seriously doubt it will be Gift of Screws. However, I must disagree my fellow Down Under fan: I'd much rather get that than a video. Screw the video. You can't take it with you in the car. You can't play it at work. But a CD you can.

Plenty of songs left though:

Deep Dense
Gift of Screws
Twist of Fate
Down on Rodeo
Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind
Try for the Sun
She Smiled Sweetly
Gotta Get Away
Given Thing
Shuffle Riff
Wear You Down
The Singer Not the Song
Blue Turns to Grey

That's 13 right there. Then there's still Big Yellow Taxi and possibly a studio version of My Little Demon. And I'm sure by now, Lindsey has a couple more tracks.
I love Wear You Down and Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind (that song is beautiful). They need to find a place on an album...whatever album...his, Fleetwood Mac, whatever. Can you just picture Stevie singing, "I'm gonna knock knock down your door....." I wonder if Mr. Buckingham is once again going to attempt to ride the wave of the latest Fleetwood Mac success into the shores or if it is indeed just the DVD (which i'd be incredibly curious to see...sorry Carne ) At any rate, I can't wait for either one!!!
Old 07-17-2003, 02:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Whatever happened to that Joni Mitchell tribute that Big Yellow Taxi was supposed to be on?? I heard a 40 second clip of his version and it sounds better than the Counting Crows version.

Wear You Down is the most annoying song he's done in years.
Old 07-17-2003, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it was posted some time back that someone contacted Reprise who indicated they have shelved the Joni Mitchell tribute. Don't know if it's ever scheduled to see the light of day. Joni herself had a big falling out with Reprise according to an article I read a year or two ago.
Old 07-17-2003, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I still have trouble imagining Lindsey releasing any more than two of those covers at a time.
Seems *highly* unlikely to me that he would ever release an album almost half of which was made up of cover tunes.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart GOS...

So Very Nice that Lindsey is going to SURPRISE US!
But...frankly...honey...I got my three versions of GOS!
Bring on a SYW Video if your working in it...so we can...
watch you turn out the musical details ...no silly stuff!

Please...Stupid Reprise turned GOS down...forget IT! As
wondergirl saysWE WANT NEW LINDSEY TUNES!
Old 07-17-2003, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
I still have trouble imagining Lindsey releasing any more than two of those covers at a time.
Seems *highly* unlikely to me that he would ever release an album almost half of which was made up of cover tunes.
Exactly. And let's face it - if you want the remaining GOS tracks on a CD for the car, then just burn one. So although the 'Making of' doco will only be useful on the tv/pc at home (or laptop I guess), it will be all this totally new stuff. Personally I'm just hanbging out to see Lindsey work on the songs in the studio. And frankly I hope there's not too much time spent on Mick driving around in his relic cars or at the gym.

EDIT: Lol Hi Cammie You beat me to it (ie promoting the "Burn-a-GOS" policy )
Old 07-17-2003, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down ACK!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
And frankly I hope there's not too much time spent on Mick driving around in his relic cars or at the gym.
Say You WON'T!!! LOL