Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-22-2004, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Good thing this AWFUL weather isn't in N. Carolina

If any of you have watched the weather or bette yet LIVED in the midwest and northeast, you'd know we are on a streak of just Nasty Thunderstorms. Sp on a side note I hope all of us in those areas are safe. But back on topic. It's really great they aren't touring sheds in Illonois, Iowa, or Ohio or michigan now. I'm pretty sure a Tornado would really have Rhiannon be taken by the sky and would almost definitely cancel the concert

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-23-2004, 01:10 AM
Ledgie

Default Raleigh weather..

it was close... lightning was all around us all night as the clouds came in (it was actually very beautiful, and a sliver of a crescent moon for a backdrop!) and as soon as we were leaving the arena, the bottom dropped out with some of the worst rain I have ever been in. I hope everyone got home safe,a and the band got out ok, cuz it was REALLY heavy, bad rain! During the show it was extremely hot and humid (yeah FORGET what I said about those cool, Raleigh evenings... not this one!! ) but did begin to cool fthe last third of the show, with several nice gusts of cool air (precursor to the storm, no doubt!)

Singer Stevie Nicks likens Fleetwood Mac to "a psychological encounter group times a million."
~ AZRepublic 7/03

What baby boomer, after all, doesn't harbor at least a slight fantasy of being onstage, still looking great, and spilling your guts to your long-lost first love as you two harmonize?
~WI State Journal 5/9/04

Old 05-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

yeah jinxed that one. Last night I turned on the weather and all of the east coast was like rain free, except for this one batch of nasty thunderstroms around Raleigh North Carolina.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-23-2004, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Central New York (where I am) had cloud to cloud lightning....(as opposed to cloud to ground). Scary thunderstorms could be heard rumbling behind it all. The lightning was absolutely stunning. It streaked all across the sky almost 180 degrees from left to right. We tried to get some pics but couldn't find the tripod in the excitement of it all!
Old 05-24-2004, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tell me about it!!! I was up all night Friday night....didn't go to sleep until after 5:00am, that's when it finally quieted down!!!
I prayed (not to mention, nearly crapped myself) the whole way while trying to get home from work that day!! And I don't live very far from where I work either, if that tells you anything!! I would hate for the Mac to have been around in a mess like that. Tornado warnings.....I seriously was expecting one to drop down out of that dark, very low ugly lookin' clouded sky, right on top of me.....seriously, things flying and hitting my new car....hydroplaning down the streets.....blinding rain, coming down in freaking waves!!!
Trees and power lines down everywhere....plenty of people that I know were without power for a while.
Sure, lightening is quite the stunning backdrop for a show....but everything else that comes along with it is no good!!!
I really hope things improve a LOT next month when the band comes this way!!
Sheeeesh!!
Of course, that's if the venues don't float away first!!!!!

Stephanie

He fell for her again...she watched it happen...every day...day by day...but MORE important...NIGHT BY NIGHT!!--Thrown Down