The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Live in Boston. Which year (tour) shoult it of been?
2003 - with WTWCT, S.Springs, Gypsy, ect 13 25.00%
2004 - with Sara, Red Rover 39 75.00%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2004, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Live in Boston, Which year should it of been?

Which year (tour) should of gotten Live In Boston?
Old 07-31-2004, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I said 2004 but i would've lover to have seen them wait until the end of the tour and then do a show with all the songs played from all the legs of the tour in the one set. You could charge $150 for that special ticket...o wait thats the normal price

Tynan
Old 07-31-2004, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I suppose most people will vote for the 2004 leg of the tour since the performances of "Red Rover", "I Know I'm Not Wrong" and most of all "Sara" which was a very nice addition. I think that for hardcore fans, this setlist is a little more interesting (of course not to please everyone, but still better than the next one). The only think I liked more from the other setlist was "Eyes Of The World" which I always prefer over "Second Hand News", since they've played the latter so many times.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

2003. As much as I love Red Rover on this leg, Sara blows chunks and I miss Eyes of the World.

Old 08-01-2004, 12:20 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

I don't know about everyone else, but I think its about time we got some Rumours concert footage on DVD! That, and of course the Tusk tour and the infamous Mirage show.

As for the Live in Boston thing, I think they should've culled the performances from the 2003 and 2004 tour. Red Rover, Sara and I Know I'm Not Wrong should've been included on that DVD set.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they should have had Sara and IKINW in the set from the beggining, so I voted for the 2003 set. I liked WTWCT, Eyes, and of course Silver Springs.
Old 08-01-2004, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I want live in ATLANTA- 2004, not Boston Remember Silver Springs was played the first 5 shows of this leg, so it would've been played at those first 5 shows. And from the reviews it seemed like Atlanta was SMOKIN. And the last performance of SS was it's best ever. And even from that bad Madison bootleg I heard how great Stevie's energy was. I gather Stevie wasn't really the same after Atlanta. So I'd go for Atlanta or Madison for a show. I just really want I Know I'm Not Wrong and Red Rover, and even Sara I guess, that ought to be better then Gypsy (which I love on LIB by the way)

And I have a SMALL feeling we could get something from Vh1 from the Madison show. We know they have the footage cause they showed i on TV. So maybe they'll do something with it. And of course Madison gives us DR and DLMDA

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-01-2004, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm greedy and want as many songs as possible... so I would love to have had the Boston show, supplemented by footage of the additional songs played at the start of the 2004 leg.
Old 08-01-2004, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
As much as I love Red Rover on this leg, Sara blows chunks.
Medical science has made some amazing advancements regarding cochlear implants. We're going to have to take up a collection on your behalf, so you can finally start hearing correctly.
Old 08-01-2004, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Medical science has made some amazing advancements regarding cochlear implants. We're going to have to take up a collection on your behalf, so you can finally start hearing correctly.

Her voice does not serve the song well these days. I was really looking forward to hearing a fresh take on Sara, but it's just AWFUL.

Old 08-01-2004, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Her voice does not serve the song well these days. I was really looking forward to hearing a fresh take on Sara, but it's just AWFUL.
She hasn't sounded as impressive on "Sara" as she has on "Beautiful Child," but to my ears, she still sounds way better than she did back on the 'Tusk' tour.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I definitely agree that I'd want to see a confluence of all the shows represented. And didn't they throw in RTTG somewhere in there? I must have missed it between my 2003 and 2004 shows, but I would have LOVED to see that live.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirrorInTheSky
I definitely agree that I'd want to see a confluence of all the shows represented. And didn't they throw in RTTG somewhere in there? I must have missed it between my 2003 and 2004 shows, but I would have LOVED to see that live.
I think it lasted a night. I was hoping to get to see it too.

- Jake
Old 08-02-2004, 02:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew

- Jake
Old 08-02-2004, 02:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tough choice for me. I don't care for RR but liked Sara - first time I've seen it live since I started seeing Stevie in concert in '89. I loved Eyes Of The World but prefer it still on the Mirage video. IKINW is a great song, but I thought it wasn't too different live from the album version, which surprised me. I love the first half of Gypsy live, but less so the second half. I voted for '04, but really it was a mental coin flip. Tomorrow I might be thinking '03.

- Jake