User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post

Of course we don't know when any of these songs were written. It is tempting to think that there all about the mystery man but Easy Come, Easy Go can't be and obviously Dan's songs aren't.

Gail
Those are the 3 songs that we know aren't about him. She did say most of the songs are about him though. Of course, she has been known to step in others shoes & write from that viewpoint. I believe most of her second solo album was written in that way.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
Those are the 3 songs that we know aren't about him. She did say most of the songs are about him though. Of course, she has been known to step in others shoes & write from that viewpoint. I believe most of her second solo album was written in that way.
With the songs on ITM I'd like to know hou much of the lyric writing was hers.

does anyone know this? Mary Anne?

Gail
Old 09-22-2006, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
With the songs on ITM I'd like to know hou much of the lyric writing was hers.

does anyone know this? Mary Anne?

Gail
I don't know how much all of those co-writers(Dan, Billy, George Hawkins, Robbie Patton), contributed to the songs. She never really talked about it in those few interviews that she did. I would guess that she was the primary writer since her name is listed first in the credits on all of the songs.

Last edited by macfan 57; 09-23-2006 at 05:24 AM..
Old 09-23-2006, 04:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think know how much all of those co-writers(Dan, Billy, George Hawkins, Robbie Patton), contributed to the songs. She never really talked about it in those few interviews that she did. I would guess that she was the primary writer since her name is listed first in the credits on all of the songs.
Yes I think that's right.

Perhaps the primary inspiration was hers and they contributed

Gail
Old 09-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default anyone

anyone have a link that works so i can download this track?? thanks!
Old 09-25-2006, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here it is.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...864E3669A38BE9
Old 09-25-2006, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

hehehe everytime we say 'mystery man' it sounds all ominous

poor guy, we should give him a name

anyway, i dont think this songs about him, but i get the feeling its about her, & about something real, not sure why, i just do, they seem to be real feelings she cant figure out

maybe it wasnt something recent, maybe she wrote it about something that happened years ago, hmmm
Old 09-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm personally skeptical that the mystery man existed at all. Here's my theory. Christine found herself in her studio with her nephew recording an album, of all things. This was after she had made it plain that she had retired from music. She surprised everyone, including herself. She knew there would be a lot of questions to her why she felt driven to make these recordings. She didn't think interviewers would like "Because I'm a musician and it just happened," even though I personally think it's the truth. So, she concocted a story that she had had a failed romance and that is what inspired her to make the album. At least it's a story interviewers could believe and write about.

The 'new song' fits nicely into her "I shouldn't be doing this, but I can't help myself" category of love/relationship songs.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Back in April 2000, George Hawkins did a Q & A here on this website. He mentioned that she was writing songs at the time, but wouldn't commit to actually recording them. So 2 years after moving back home, she was writing again, which means the relationship with the "mystery man" wasn't a very long one. It has always struck me as strange that the songs weren't about Eddy. Her marriage/relationship with him lasted longer than any relationship that she's ever had. Yet ITM is about someone else. I still think there is a "mystery man", but I just think it's strange.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Back in April 2000, George Hawkins did a Q & A here on this website. He mentioned that she was writing songs at the time, but wouldn't commit to actually recording them. So 2 years after moving back home, she was writing again, which means the relationship with the "mystery man" wasn't a very long one. It has always struck me as strange that the songs weren't about Eddy. Her marriage/relationship with him lasted longer than any relationship that she's ever had. Yet ITM is about someone else. I still think there is a "mystery man", but I just think it's strange.
Stevie also mentioned that Christine was "going out with someone" and was "in love" so I think it's him.

I like the air of mystery and I like calling him the "mystery man"

Gail
Old 09-26-2006, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie also mentioned that Christine was "going out with someone" and was "in love" so I think it's him.
ooh really? what exactly did stevie say? or what interview was it, i didnt see it
Old 09-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySongbird View Post
ooh really? what exactly did stevie say? or what interview was it, i didnt see it
I can't remember the whole thing because it was a long time ago, about the time they started making SYW.

Stevie was asked the usual Christine question and that was one of things she said.

sorry I can't be more specific

Gail
Old 09-26-2006, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can't remember the whole thing because it was a long time ago, about the time they started making SYW.

Stevie was asked the usual Christine question and that was one of things she said.

sorry I can't be more specific

Gail
I specifically remember her saying that Chris was in love & that she was never coming back to Fleetwood Mac. I think the interview was done a little bit before SYW. I thought it was around the time of the release of Stevie's last solo album.

I like calling him the "Mystery Man" too.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ooh im intrigued, i didnt read many syw interviews, might go do that, thanks!
Old 09-30-2006, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

okay, sorry to sidestep the mystery man discussion, but I was wondering--out of pure GREED of course-- whether or not anyone knew of additional tracks that weren't on ITM. Whether or not anyone has a demo, somewhere...or at least knows the titles of the songs...

Here's hoping Christine falls in love again, falls tragically out of love quickly, and is inspired to write 12 more songs with her nephew.

Honestly, I don't see why she wouldn't do a covers album, just her at the piano playing some standards--pop, blues, or even a tinge of jazz. Or, she coould re-do a number of her songs for just her and the piano. Bet it would get even better reviews than ITM, too. Worse came to worse, she could throw a Christmas tune on it.