please do it for a good laugh!!!
Old 04-18-2005, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
Homer!! go post in the stevie thread

i set up a thread just for you!!

please do it for a good laugh!!!
I'd rather not. I prefer my official position of never having inhaled, I mean partaken.
Gawddamned DSL's been down since I woke up today. Hillbilly phone company! It doesn't work 1-2 days a month, usually on a rainy day(not the case today).
All these reference to me! I'm almost flattered. I want to make a tiny Stevie slur, but I find it's not worth the publicity.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
It's ok, Homie, you don't have to visit the Stevie Forum... you talk about her enough everywhere else (even in your sig lines)!
Well, Brian, Lard knows I love her. Sorry, I meant loathe her. I DON'T loathe her, only her army...
Old 04-18-2005, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Well, Brian, Lard knows I love her. Sorry, I meant loathe her. I DON'T loathe her, only her army...
We are not an army, we are ambassadors of dreams,goodwill, and good lighting for everyone!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 04-18-2005, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I know, Homie... it's just fun to tease you, because you usually sound more obsessed with her than we do!

Stevie! Stevie! Stevie!
Old 04-18-2005, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know, Homie... it's just fun to tease you, because you usually sound more obsessed with her than we do!

Stevie! Stevie! Stevie!
Trust me, my JOB is defending my Christine to the army. Why didn't Stevie retire? She's the one who can't sing out of a 5 note scale anymore.(I TRY to avoid this kind of comment, but this one is for you, Bri Bri).
Old 04-18-2005, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Why didn't Stevie retire?
Because more people would miss her!

That one was just for you, Homie.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Because more people would miss her!

That one was just for you, Homie.
That's okay. Popularity is for the masses. I have no interest in that. The road less taken, or some poetic crap like that...
Old 04-19-2005, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
That's okay. Popularity is for the masses. I have no interest in that. The road less taken, or some poetic crap like that...
Christine doesn't like poetic crap.

I'm toooooootally teasing you.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 04-19-2005, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Christine doesn't like poetic crap.

I'm toooooootally teasing you.
I love you darlin', even if you belong to the Army.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Popularity is for the masses. I have no interest in that.
The masses that made all of those Christine songs Top 40 hits?

Don't see ya complaining about that popularity.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The masses that made all of those Christine songs Top 40 hits?

Don't see ya complaining about that popularity.
MOST of what I like isn't popular. Popularity is/was merely a side effect, and has NO bearing on my affection.
I, for the most part (with the exception of FM), listen to indie artists only. Anymore, if it's MASS marketed, it surely sucks. If it appeals to everybody, something must be wrong with it. Lowest common denominator.....
Old 04-19-2005, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

AND, I'm happy that she made a mint in FM. She paid her dues, much more than any other Rumours songwriters. She's earned every penny.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
MOST of what I like isn't popular. Popularity is/was merely a side effect, and has NO bearing on my affection.
I, for the most part (with the exception of FM), listen to indie artists only. Anymore, if it's MASS marketed, it surely sucks. If it appeals to everybody, something must be wrong with it. Lowest common denominator.....
So general, and seemingly so cool, yet so wrong, somehow. Ah, mass generalizations. How I loathe thee....Also, it seems weird coming from someone who says they like normal, plain, regular, everyday things. Confuse Me? Seems a bit dichotomous.
hehehehehehe.

Last edited by amber; 04-19-2005 at 12:48 AM..
Old 04-19-2005, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm very much like you... most of what I like isn't popular or is only marginally popular. And, of course, there are the artists I adore who were once popular, but would now be considered "has-beens."

I just listen to what turns me on, and I ignore whether or not anyone else likes it. (Well, ok, I will admit that I take pride in Fleetwood Mac/Stevie/Christine/Lindsey having a hit album or song... because, to me, it feels like the hometeam won the World Series.)

Quote:
If it appeals to everybody, something must be wrong with it. Lowest common denominator.....
Well, I don't necessarily agree with that. Some songs are hugely successful because they're just so damned incredible, it's hard to not love them. And some very intelligently crafted, artistic and moving pieces of music have also had the good fortune of being adored by the masses.

I mean, I certainly don't think there's anything "wrong" with "You Make Loving Fun" or "Little Lies," or other massively popular songs like that.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that Fleetwood Mac has been monstrously successful, but I don't see that as a fault of theirs or their music. And, yeah, Stevie's had the more popular solo career, but to write off that music as simply appealing to the lowest common dominator (if that is what you were doing -- and you've made similar comments about her solo career in the past, so I don't think I'm necessarily jumping to conclusions here as to how you feel about her success), is to implicate Christine as well.
Especially when you consider she's had such a large number of hit singles. So let's not do that double-standard thing here.

Some popular artists stand apart from the crowd... the ones who are enduring, and who reach "icon" and "legend" status. They're popular, but their ability to reach mass audiences goes way beyond any appeals to the lowest common denominator. They have talent AND that... je ne sais quoi... and that's why they endure.