Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
... I just wish he hadn't waited 10 years after, "In The Meantime"

Which keeps getting better to my ears.
It certainly does! Love it.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I agree. What happened with Jimi Hendrix's posthumous releases was unsavory. One difference: some of the music is "full-blown studio tracks."

However, I wonder why this information is surfacing now. I suspect Christine herself has informed journalists of the music and is putting out an initial buzz about it in her typical maybe/maybe not fashion. This is, remember, how news of her solo album began to surface.

A boy can dream, can't he?
It was a good thing when Jimi Hendrix's family got full control of his estate. They have done a good job handling the the release of his unreleased material.

Why would you think Christine would be talking to the press about sessions she did with Dennis Wilson decades ago? How is that relative to where she is now?
Old 09-10-2014, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmmm. I've twice now asked Richard about this (and I'm sure others have too) and so far he hasn't responded. This makes me think there could be some truth there after all. If there was no truth to it (or if he just didn't know) then I'd have expected him to come out and say so.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Hmmmm. I've twice now asked Richard about this (and I'm sure others have too) and so far he hasn't responded. This makes me think there could be some truth there after all. If there was no truth to it (or if he just didn't know) then I'd have expected him to come out and say so.
With the number of questions he gets, it's hard for me to even conclude he saw the question, though it may have come from several people.

Michele
Old 09-10-2014, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Why would you think Christine would be talking to the press about sessions she did with Dennis Wilson decades ago? How is that relative to where she is now?
She might want to release them. Why wouldn't it be relative to where she is now? She's returned, she is determined to blaze. I seriously doubt this information would have just emerged without some sort of acknowledgment or prompting from her. Otherwise, we would have heard of it before. Just my read on it.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
With the number of questions he gets, it's hard for me to even conclude he saw the question, though it may have come from several people.

Michele
I seem to have a pretty good thing going with him now. He tends to answer about two thirds of the questions I ask (under the name 'Chucky-J'). There are certain questions that I ask over and over that he ignores. He will have definitely read that question as it was amongst about half a dozen I sent at around the same time (he answered four of them). I'll ask again but I dont think he'll reply.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
I seem to have a pretty good thing going with him now. He tends to answer about two thirds of the questions I ask (under the name 'Chucky-J'). There are certain questions that I ask over and over that he ignores. He will have definitely read that question as it was amongst about half a dozen I sent at around the same time (he answered four of them). I'll ask again but I dont think he'll reply.
Which kind of questions does he ignore?
Old 09-11-2014, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If anything does exist...
...I'm thinking of the 'Free As A Bird'/'Real Love' Beatles recordings for Anthology. For those songs Jeff Lynne had very little to work with. However, if there's any seed of quality then with modern music technology you can make something worthwhile out of very little.
IMMEDIATELY several current...*ahem*..."artists" come to mind. cough...Taylor Swift...cough
Old 09-11-2014, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Which kind of questions does he ignore?
I've asked him lots of questions about Ken.
I've asked him several times about the idea of Tusk as a single album (I understand why he'd ignore that).
Twice asked about these Dennis Wilson recordings.
I asked a question about the Classic Albums: Rumours TV programme that he didnt answer.
I asked a question about the production of Behind The Mask that he didnt answer.
I cant think what else though I know theres a few more.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
I've asked him several times about the idea of Tusk as a single album (I understand why he'd ignore that).
I asked a question about the Classic Albums: Rumours TV programme that he didnt answer.
I asked a question about the production of Behind The Mask that he didnt answer.
Thank you for sharing!
Old 09-11-2014, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I asked a question about the production of Behind The Mask that he didnt answer..
Probably didn't answer that because he had nothing to do with the production of Behind The Mask (would probably help if you read the liner notes first)
Old 09-11-2014, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Probably didn't answer that because he had nothing to do with the production of Behind The Mask (would probably help if you read the liner notes first)
Er no... it was about his thoughts on the production of Behind The Mask- being the first FM album he hadn't be involved with for such a long time.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh yeah... I've asked him a few questions about the 'Trouble' video, particularly about Bob Weston. He hasn't replied.