User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-12-2018, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
oh Empire State is far and away worse than Family Man. I can listen to Family Man 100x over before I listen to Empire State. Lyrically Family Man is pretty lightweight, but the acoustic guitar saves it, particularly the end. Gorgeous.

Empire State, with it's droning, digitally tweaked vocals.....bleh.
Imma freak, because I LOVE Empire State. AND WTWCT. Family Man, I could probably live without...

The textures on ES make it VERY sonically interesting to me.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A friend of mine told me that the channel was featuring Lindsey a lot this evening, so that's good. They should.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Imma freak, because I LOVE Empire State. AND WTWCT. Family Man, I could probably live without...

The textures on ES make it VERY sonically interesting to me.
We really do agree on a lot Homer! ES is very interesting sonically. BINGO. I love the guitar on Family Man and don't hate the song but it's not one of my favs. Now what do you think of That's All for Everyone? I LOVE it. On headphones those harmonies are just amazing.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
We really do agree on a lot Homer! ES is very interesting sonically. BINGO. I love the guitar on Family Man and don't hate the song but it's not one of my favs. Now what do you think of That's All for Everyone? I LOVE it. On headphones those harmonies are just amazing.
Yeah, Family Man is okay, but it just lays there. That said, I've never been a huge Tango fan. I much prefer Mirage.

I like That's All For Everyone, a lot. Especially those verse intro chords, Ab-F, which is a VERY unusual progression. Sounds like it could have been on Law and Order!

My least favorite Lindsey song on Tusk is Not That Funny, especially live! IDK why he loves that song so much. It's his worst song on Tusk!!!
Old 05-12-2018, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, Family Man is okay, but it just lays there. That said, I've never been a huge Tango fan. I much prefer Mirage.

I like That's All For Everyone, a lot. Especially those verse intro chords, Ab-F, which is a VERY unusual progression. Sounds like it could have been on Law and Order!

My least favorite Lindsey song on Tusk is Not That Funny, especially live! IDK why he loves that song so much. It's his worst song on Tusk!!!
When the album first came out, NTF was my favorite LB song on the album. I still love it but never liked it live.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When the album first came out, NTF was my favorite LB song on the album. I still love it but never liked it live.
All that stupid screaming.

I've told the story a million times, but I had the Mirage video(on videotape) in high school. As much as I'd FORCED FM on my friends(and they like most of it), the one agreement we always had was: that I'd fast forward through NTF. Because they HATED it.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
All that stupid screaming.

I've told the story a million times, but I had the Mirage video(on videotape) in high school. As much as I'd FORCED FM on my friends(and they like most of it), the one agreement we always had was: that I'd fast forward through NTF. Because they HATED it.
"oh don't , no don't, please don't..."
Old 05-12-2018, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Love this tweet from Judd Apatow about the FM channel responding to someone who said who great it was. So good.

Judd Apatow

Verified account

@JuddApatow
May 10
More Judd Apatow Retweeted ernie sanders
I don’t like it post Lindsey. It’s like listening to the official radio station of a country right after a palace coup.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default woke up

to an alt. version of "Storms" - glad the band didn't use that version on Tusk. Some nice surprises again this a.m. "Everybody Finds Out" and a couple of early Christine gems "Dissatisfied" and "Spare Me a Little". Also, heard "Empire State" and "What's The World Coming To" - two terrific Lindsey songs.. now, "Go Your Own Way" live at Wembley.

Let's hope they keep this station going for awhile.. it's like a new friend.

Last edited by Keith; 05-12-2018 at 06:22 AM..
Old 05-12-2018, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I love how his family has really gone hard defending him but it's also sad in a way because it's just so clear how much this has affected and hurt them.
They’re indeed a hurt family. I hope they heal soon and rise from all the sh*t the band did to him.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Been listening to this all day. Fun. Especially listening to the live songs and the Danny Kirwan and Bob Welch FM songs. Good stuff!
Old 05-12-2018, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Love this tweet from Judd Apatow about the FM channel responding to someone who said who great it was. So good.

Judd Apatow

Verified account

@JuddApatow
May 10
More Judd Apatow Retweeted ernie sanders
I don’t like it post Lindsey. It’s like listening to the official radio station of a country right after a palace coup.
go Judd!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-12-2018, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So I spent a fair bit of time in the car today. Heard way to much Neil Finn--Man does he ramble. Christine better have the whistle at the ready... b/w Neil and Stevie, I don't think they'll be able to play more than 5 songs before they hit the curfew. As someone mentioned earlier, he talked about honoring the legacy of those that have gone before him, specifically mentioning Lindsey...but he wound up speaking for a good 4 minutes. I also heard his thoughts on "World is Turning" Have they recorded something new Probably should learn the NAMES of the songs you are singing.
I heard the Christine McVie show which I loved. I also heard Stevie talking about "Say You Will" Mama has a little amnesia I think---she mentioned how they (meaning all of them)wanted this to be a double album and how there are tons more songs recorded. I've seen the "Destiny Rules" documentary many times---Mick and Stevie are TOTALLY opposed to the double album---WTF. She talks about getting into a fight with the label because THEY didn't want the double album....UMMMMM ?
Old 05-12-2018, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I liked it at first and I can definitely recognize that it's a great song but after a couple of listens it starts to give me a headache. It just has that dizzying sound that makes it one of those songs where you can appreciate it listening to it as you listen through the entire album, but it's not the kind of song you can really listen to over and over. At least not for me.
That's what I love about it. It's other worldy, dreamlike and sounds like nothing else. I feel like i'm being taken away to somewhere else...again genius.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
So I spent a fair bit of time in the car today. Heard way to much Neil Finn--Man does he ramble. Christine better have the whistle at the ready... b/w Neil and Stevie, I don't think they'll be able to play more than 5 songs before they hit the curfew. As someone mentioned earlier, he talked about honoring the legacy of those that have gone before him, specifically mentioning Lindsey...but he wound up speaking for a good 4 minutes. I also heard his thoughts on "World is Turning" Have they recorded something new Probably should learn the NAMES of the songs you are singing.
I heard the Christine McVie show which I loved. I also heard Stevie talking about "Say You Will" Mama has a little amnesia I think---she mentioned how they (meaning all of them)wanted this to be a double album and how there are tons more songs recorded. I've seen the "Destiny Rules" documentary many times---Mick and Stevie are TOTALLY opposed to the double album---WTF. She talks about getting into a fight with the label because THEY didn't want the double album....UMMMMM ?
Wow. Again with the revisionist history. She actually threatened not to tour beyond the 40 dates that had already been booked if they went ahead with a double album. She knew Lindsey needed to make up money on the tour for all the money he would lose on the album (not getting royalties for his extra songs). He ended up having to cave on that one to get the tour going. Then she played it like she couldn't understand why he was so mad-- she wrote about it in You May Be The One on the IYD album. She was in Hawaii and they were fighting long distance

I hear hear the islands calling
I hear angry words
Flying across the ocean
Like some seabirds
Never stopping
I feel my blood racing
Can't believe
what you are saying
I used to love you
so much...

Girlfriend likes to push his buttons and then stand back and be like, "Wow he's so mad, how can I put up with this when all I want is to be happy and dance around my apartment?"