User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Well FU. It is. Personal experience. I was drinking a 12 pack of Diet Coke a day. I started getting Multiple Sclerosis type symptoms. Even went to Neurologists...they said that the SYMPTOMS of MS were present but MRI & Cat Scans of my brain showed no signs of MS. When they asked me how much DC I drank a day, they almost fell out of their chairs. The aspartame was poisoning me. True story, fact. Get over it.
Orrrrr, just because you say it, it's not fact. DC has been my favorite drink since I was born, I probably even had it in my bottle like a good little redneck. 20 years later, not a single symptom
Old 02-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sorry, Diet Coke tastes like A*S. Like slightly dirty water. If it weren't for TAB, I'd either have to drink regular Coke, or maybe Coke Zero(I find it more tolerable than DC). DC just have no flavor, to these taste buds. BLECK.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I drink regular Coke and yes, that's bad enough for you. But Pepsi to me is flat and tastes like pond water or something. I can tolerate it from a restaurant out of a fountain if it's the choice soft drink on the menu. Other than that I only buy Coke.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've heard Coke can clean through caked on dishes and you can also scrub your driveway with it.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Well FU. It is. Personal experience. I was drinking a 12 pack of Diet Coke a day. I started getting Multiple Sclerosis type symptoms. Even went to Neurologists...they said that the SYMPTOMS of MS were present but MRI & Cat Scans of my brain showed no signs of MS. When they asked me how much DC I drank a day, they almost fell out of their chairs. The aspartame was poisoning me. True story, fact. Get over it.
Wow. I have a friend who drinks like 30 diet cokes a day. I'm going to share this with her. I am 100% anti-diet drinks and any soda actually. I just drinks tons of water, green tea, and...coffee.

Silver Springs: I think you should make sleep a top priority. Its really difficult to do that, I imagine with your schedule, but it will give you more energy during the day. And maybe throw in some kind of consistent daily workout routine. Even just some sit-ups or jumping jacks for like 20 minutes could make a big difference. Your body is your temple.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool It also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
I've heard Coke can clean through caked on dishes and you can also scrub your driveway with it.
can remove corrosion from the battery connectors on automobiles:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Corr...-Car-Battery./

I had to lay off soda's due to health issues...so I'm mainly a tea/water/juice person these days.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 02-08-2011 at 11:21 PM..
Old 02-08-2011, 11:17 PM
Registered

Hmm, soda, hardly ever think of it. One vice, if it is one, that I missed. I remember that I liked Dr. Pepper a lot. I stopped drinking soda not due to aspertame issues, but because I felt it was bad for my teeth, diet or not, and because I thought maybe it further stained my teeth. I can't give up coffee, so the soda went. Every now and then, Diet Ginger Ale would be my choice, but I don't keep any in the house.

From months of reading him, I believe that aperfectlie is very informed and reliable about health issues, so the chemical or chemicals he wrote that are bad for him, that's good enough for me. Maybe others don't have the same sensitivity and can tolerate what he can't. Yet if apl says it's unhealthy, I believe it.
I love caffeine, a lot. Good or not for me, it stays
Ultrabrite does a pretty good job getting rid of coffee-stained teeth, as does peroxide.
Though it's been a long time, every now and then a trip to the dentist and a red laser tooth whitener works swell, in just one visit.
I don't buy the whitening strips, because I'd want to use the entire box in a day rather than the multiple times (weeks?) required.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 02-08-2011 at 11:20 PM..
Old 02-08-2011, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
Hmm, soda, hardly ever think of it. One vice, if it is one, that I missed. I remember that I liked Dr. Pepper a lot. I stopped drinking soda not due to aspertame issues, but because I felt it was bad for my teeth, diet or not, and because I thought maybe it further stained my teeth. I can't give up coffee, so the soda went. Every now and then, Diet Ginger Ale would be my choice, but I don't keep any in the house.

From months of reading him, I believe that aperfectlie is very informed and reliable about health issues, so the chemical or chemicals he wrote that are bad for him, that's good enough for me. Maybe others don't have the same sensitivity and can tolerate what he can't. Yet if apl says it's unhealthy, I believe it.
I love caffeine, a lot. Good or not for me, it stays
Ultrabrite does a pretty good job getting rid of coffee-stained teeth, as does peroxide.
Though it's been a long time, every now and then a trip to the dentist and a red laser tooth whitener works swell, in just one visit.
I don't buy the whitening strips, because I'd want to use the entire box in a day rather than the multiple times (weeks?) required.
Some love coffee and tea, I like my "pop". I'm from Ohio so we call it that. I do drink water and milk and not so much pop that it harms your teeth. Those look fine. Yes they make whitening strips and laser treatments if you want uber white teeth but some go overboard and their teeth have that bluish glow to them. You have to know when enough is enough.

Last edited by fringed n fab; 02-08-2011 at 11:30 PM..
Old 02-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've never been a big fan of Coke...I hated how it made my teeth feel...I like more lemonlime soda..like Sprite and Sierra Mist...I do love Dr. Pepper though...I'll occasionally drink soda when I go out to eat or something...but if I want something bubbly I'll have flavored Seltzer

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 02-08-2011, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
I've never been a big fan of Coke...I hated how it made my teeth feel...I like more lemonlime soda..like Sprite and Sierra Mist...I do love Dr. Pepper though...I'll occasionally drink soda when I go out to eat or something...but if I want something bubbly I'll have flavored Seltzer
I like Dr. Pepper and Sprite occasionally too. The one pop I don't like is Mountain Dew.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I like Dr. Pepper and Sprite occasionally too. The one pop I don't like is Mountain Dew.
I love Mountain Dew =P I'm not a big fan of dark soda's...except Dr. Pepper

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 02-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Regular exercising makes you more tired and able to sleep better as well as giving you more daytime energy and strength/stamina.
I absolutely agree with this. I have terrible insomnia, and before I learned how to cope with it, I was taking a sleeping pill each night and then just trying to deal with the hang over as best I could the next day. Exercising regularly, though, has improved the ease with which I fall asleep and the quality of the sleep as well. The best hours to work out are apparently 5-7 if you're looking for the sleep benefits Good luck. I know how terrible it feels to drag on without rest.
You're so like me
Old 02-09-2011, 05:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I use it to clean my silver jewelry.

Bee, my advice is working out a routine and really sticking to it. Like Viv said, exercise is important but I also think a cup of tea before bed is, too. I literally cannot sleep if I don't spend half an hour unwinding with a brew and maybe a book or something that doesn't take too much concerntrating on the TV. I'd priorotise your workload, too. See what isn't going to take long and make that an enjoyable bit to the day to do before bed like a little bit of a painting or drawing. Do the big stuff in the mornings and if stuff isn't done by 10.30, it should wait otherwise it might be haphazard and not up to your personal standard, only adding to your frustration.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 02-09-2011, 06:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Bleugh. I think any sleep at this moment in time would be get. I scheduled half an hour to lay my head down last night and all of that I spent thinking about my dissertation. At the moment my head feels full to the brim with cotton wool, and I'm getting a cold to top it off. Yay me -_-. It's getting to the point now where I'm having to hide in the Uni Restrooms at least once a day to cry.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Bleugh. I think any sleep at this moment in time would be get. I scheduled half an hour to lay my head down last night and all of that I spent thinking about my dissertation. At the moment my head feels full to the brim with cotton wool, and I'm getting a cold to top it off. Yay me -_-. It's getting to the point now where I'm having to hide in the Uni Restrooms at least once a day to cry.
If you're thinking too much when you go to sleep, I can relate all too much, especially when I'm worrying towards the end of the semester (and in the spring of my sophmore year, just worrying about passing precalc) and have worried myself sick a few times (I just get a cold, but it has happened).

I have 3 pieces of advice for you: before you go to bed, try some exercise, which also helps you clear your mind. With the nasty weather these days and you don't wanna get a whole piece of equipment, try out Wii Fit. You just need a Wii, the game, and the Balance Board that comes with it. It's fun and gives you a very good workout.

When you do try going to sleep, try and empty your mind of all thoughts except going to sleep, which should work.

And on the weekends, try to sleep more than 2 hours a night. I don't need you getting sick and I want you rested up

You can add me on Facebook