Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
nah...not anymore
and you're insane...

Old 01-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt View Post
There probably wasn't room in the band for Sting's ego and everyone else.
Ding,ding,ding,ding,ding!!!!!
That was always my take on it.
Sting, is much like Don "I'm a horse's ass" Henley. It's all about me!
Old 01-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stewart & Andy get along well. The problem is Sting, but the biggest conflict was always between Sting & Stewart- I'm pretty sure they came to blows many, many times. I'm not sure I disagree with Stewart- I'm sure watching Sting do stuff like prance around in "Dune" was nothing but completely irritating. I'm eager to see just how much MORE they hate each other by the end of this tour!!
Old 01-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley View Post
. . . I'm sure watching Sting do stuff like prance around in "Dune" was nothing but completely irritating . . . .
Um - that's why I watched Dune and read all the books

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Um - that's why I watched Dune and read all the books
Oh, don't get me wrong. I LOVE Dune. (I'm trying to read the sequels now, though, and am having a hard time getting through them) And Sting is awesome in it- him & creepy Harkonnen are my favorite parts of the film. In fact, the extended "Alan Smithee" cut is On Demand right now and I think the bf & I have watched it about four or five times in the last few months. But I'm sure to Stewart & Andy, who just wanted to tour and make rock music, watching Sting prance around in a glorified diaper on film was not something they had a lot of respect for...

ETA:

LOLZ.

Last edited by hayley; 01-04-2007 at 03:28 PM..
Old 01-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stewart & Andy get along well. The problem is Sting, but the biggest conflict was always between Sting & Stewart- I'm pretty sure they came to blows many, many times.
Actually they admitted so in a BTM. Even at the gig they did at Sting's wedding, they kinda started to fight. Andy & STewart wanted a reunion, a farewell show (Stewart said the fans deserve it), but Sting never wanted.

There was a little hope in the mid 80s when they released a GH album (where a new version of Don't Stand So... is included). But Copeland got a broken bone playing polo and that cancelled any tour project. Weird destiny!!!
Old 01-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stewart & Andy get along well. The problem is Sting, but the biggest conflict was always between Sting & Stewart- I'm pretty sure they came to blows many, many times. I'm not sure I disagree with Stewart- I'm sure watching Sting do stuff like prance around in "Dune" was nothing but completely irritating. I'm eager to see just how much MORE they hate each other by the end of this tour!!
Thats what I suspected.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
I agree with all of the above..put Sting & Stewart in a room together and it's Romper Room!
Old 01-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Ding,ding,ding,ding,ding!!!!!
That was always my take on it.
Sting, is much like Don "I'm a horse's ass" Henley. It's all about me!

Always thought he was very talented but I just can't stand him. One time a reviewer gave him a so-so review and Sting wrote a letter to the editor with all these personal attacks. Very childish.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt View Post

Always thought he was very talented but I just can't stand him. One time a reviewer gave him a so-so review and Sting wrote a letter to the editor with all these personal attacks. Very childish.
TOTALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stewart used to tell Sting he was flat..he would freak out!
Old 01-06-2007, 04:19 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Actually they admitted so in a BTM. Even at the gig they did at Sting's wedding, they kinda started to fight. Andy & STewart wanted a reunion, a farewell show (Stewart said the fans deserve it), but Sting never wanted.
I'm about 60-70% sure that the tour won't last it's planned length for this exact reason. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they played their UK shows and called off the North America leg due to the inevitable tension. I can't believe they are actually going ahead with the tour- as a fan, I'm thrilled, but I'm going to make it a point to go to the first show simply because I'm not sure it's going to last long.

When they reunited for their Hall of Fame induction, Sting looked miserable, and was visibly frustrated for all the same reasons he used to be back when the band was active (Stewart's constantly changing drum pace, for one). It should be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
There was a little hope in the mid 80s when they released a GH album (where a new version of Don't Stand So... is included). But Copeland got a broken bone playing polo and that cancelled any tour project. Weird destiny!!!
They did the five or so dates for the Amnesty '86 tour, but that was it. Not sure if you know, but the original plan was for the Greatest Hits album to be ALL re-recordings of their hits... they got as far as Don't Stand and De Do Do before they had the good sense to call it off, and only release the former on the GH cd (the latter is even more boring and uninspired, if you can believe it)