Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-14-2014, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

not sure whether this was embedded somewhere in this thread:

interview -

the chain -

little lies and gypsy -

go your own way -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-15-2014, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

love it!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-15-2014, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
That's a problem with American culture. We don't hold up our great artists and instead celebrate what's hot in the moment and most of all celebrity. Fleetwood Mac has yet to receive their due, really. It pains me when people think stars of far inferior talent are real "artists." And is there a better female singer-songwriter out there than Stevie?
Well, Christine McVie, for a start. Also Sheryl Crow, Kate Pierson and Cindy Wilson, Pink (Alecia Moore), K.D. Lang, Bekka Bramlett, Jeannie C. Riley...the list goes on...
Old 10-16-2014, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
love it!!

Where's the Mick and Stevie love? I don't think Stevie liked being ignored.
Was that you Elle?
Old 10-16-2014, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Where's the Mick and Stevie love? I don't think Stevie liked being ignored.
Was that you Elle?
if you are asking whether this is my video - nope. i got it from some SN-loving fb group.

hope more of these pop up - it was so great having this glimpse into the band while just waiting their turn, discussing with show producers what they should do, etc.

not sure what are you talking about, who's not being loved, or being ignored, and by whom?

Old 10-16-2014, 08:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Well, Christine McVie, for a start. Also Sheryl Crow, Kate Pierson and Cindy Wilson, Pink (Alecia Moore), K.D. Lang, Bekka Bramlett, Jeannie C. Riley...the list goes on...

Joni Mitchell.
"It was, because we demanded it from the very beginning. You can't be a wimp, and then one or two years later decide not to be a wimp anymore. Because people will always treat you like a wimp, once they have decided that's what you are. So you can never be that. You have to be strong, tough, smart, and know who you are. So, people will get that. Then, they're always going to be great to you. Then, they listen to you; they listen to your songs. They give you a chance. Otherwise, you get nowhere."
Old 10-16-2014, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
love it!!

"She's cranky."

Love it!
Old 10-16-2014, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At the end, you can hear the girls on the video saying that they don't think Stevie is a very kind person. Oh, Stevie...
Old 10-16-2014, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes you can here some girls making an opinion but what I SAW its Stevie laughing and interacting with Christine and then with Lori Nicks.

And those girls didn't even tried to yell at Stevie to see if she would react. And its obvious they don't like Stevie much. Not surprising that someone would put this video to bother some Stevie fans in Facebook.

Its the usual in Facebook, instead of a "get to know people" site, its a "lets bother some people for fun" site.

Well Just my opinion!
And all those races that are run
They cause patterns"
Old 10-17-2014, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
if you are asking whether this is my video - nope. i got it from some SN-loving fb group.

not sure what are you talking about, who's not being loved, or being ignored, and by whom?
I was joking it might be you because I know that you love Lindsey and the girls were shouting out his name a lot in the video. I heard them call out to Christine and John but never to Mick or Stevie. I just thought it was a little strange that since Stevie was walking around on stage that they never called out to her. So I think Stevie got kind of dissed in the video, which is unusual.

Last edited by jwd; 10-17-2014 at 01:07 AM..
Old 10-17-2014, 05:45 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
At the end, you can hear the girls on the video saying that they don't think Stevie is a very kind person. Oh, Stevie...
wow! she wouldn't even look at them , and turned her back on the people who support her ( even Madonna has stopped doing this ) .

She probably didn't know a camera was on her

Last edited by olive; 10-17-2014 at 06:11 AM..
Old 12-30-2014, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[click for some nice, close up photos]

Return of the (Fleetwood) Mac! Christine McVie gives a Perfect performance as band's classic line-up plays together for first time in 16 years on Today show

By Mike Larkin for MailOnline , 10 October 2014

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...oday-show.html

It has been 16 years since they played together as a band.

And it was like break never happened as Christine McVie and the rest of the most famous iteration of Fleetwood Mac appeared on the Today show on Thursday.

And the English-American group, who have sold more than 100 million albums, thrilled the fans with a performance of hits Little Lies, Gypsy, Go Your Own Way, and The Chain.

And Christine, 71, said a new piece of jewellery was a symbol of her intention to remain with the band for the foreseeable future.

She said: 'Stevie brought me a bracelot not long ago, it was a chain, it broke, I had someone tie it on. It means the chain is never going to break again.'

And singer Nicks said she could not believe how well the band, who are embarking on a massive tour, have been playing since her return.

Stevie said: 'She came back and just threw herself into it in such a strong and confident way, it was like a parallel universe that maybe we left.

'I hear a count-off in songs and its almost like the 16 years she was gone didn't exist.

'We didn't know what to expect when she came back and she came back stronger than all of us, it's crazy.

And the group's flamboyant Lindsay Buckingham also heaped praise on their old new recruit, and promised there was plenty more to come from the classic line-up.

He said: 'There were a set of unknowns going into it and everything's just came back better than ever.

'It really feels very much like a beautiful profound poetic new chapter for this band. Its something thats going to go on for quite some time.'

Showman Mick Fleetwood, who founded the group alongside bassist John McVie and legendary guitarist Peter Green back in 1967, could hardly hide his delight at the fact they are playing together once more, allowing them to rake in even more cash on the touring circuit.

The 67-year-old said: 'All of us are just overjoyed at this lovely lady's return to the ranks of Fleetwood Mac.'

The then Christine Perfect joined the group back in 1970, five years before their famed future guitarist and singer duo came into the band

They played their first On With The Tour date on Monday night at Madison Square Garden. and will be touring around North America until the end of March.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz3NPeKEJz4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Old 12-30-2014, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From the Daily Mail UK Article above

Old 12-30-2014, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great pics, love 'em. Mick the cheerleader......some things never change.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And the group's flamboyant Lindsay Buckingham also heaped praise on their old new recruit, and promised there was plenty more to come from the classic line-up.

He said: 'There were a set of unknowns going into it and everything's just came back better than ever.

'It really feels very much like a beautiful profound poetic new chapter for this band. Its something thats going to go on for quite some time.'
i like that - flamboyant.