User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-26-2002, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Errors in VBofFM

Hey all...I just watched the doc part again TWICE and then I glanced at the mistake of them saying Lindsey wrote Love in Store AND I found ANOTHER mistake in the lyrics section..it says I'm So Afraid was written/copywrited in 1979!! WTH? It was on the WHITE FM ALBUM, dummies, NOT TUSK!! GEEZ! You know what, I would SERIOUSLY vote for FANS being able to compile information for all box sets (for ANY band/group/singer!!) and stuff because NOBODY cares like fans do, especially about details!!

Anyone else find any mistakes, even small ones, on the VBofCD?

BTW, I think Lindsey just gets better looking with age, that man is just SEXY...when Mick went "and the band played on", and Lindsey did the AIR GUITAR....that, to me, was just too sexy! LMAO!! I'm wierd, but it WAS!! He's so shy, he looks down when talking sometimes, like a little boy going "aw shucks". I LOVE IT!! The part when Stevie's dogs barked was cute because he's laughing, but it's not a jovial "how funny, her doggies are barking!!", it's more of a "stupid dogs" kind of laugh!! LMAO!! I think he goes "Perfect." when they start barking. Then, towards the end of that particular clip, he goes, "pefect timing." or something like that. LMAO!! I need to go watch it again!! When the camera focused in on his eyes...I melted. Ya'll LB luvers know what I'm talking about!
Old 10-26-2002, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well, off the top of my head, they botched the lyrics to "No Questions Asked."

They should be.....

No Questions Asked
(written by Stevie Nicks & Kelly Johnston)

Well, I see him,
I feel him;
There's an intenseness... in him,
In his eyes.

He wants me to be with him,
He wants me with him now.
She just seems to be missing,
How could that happen... anyhow?

So, how can you say,
"Well, I don't know what love is"?
You have it, and you have no time for it.
You feel completely indifferent.
You feel... pushed up against the wall.
And then one day it just almost goes away!

You spend lots of time alone,
Sometimes you spend years,
And you miss those arms that used to go around you.

Night after night,
No questions asked;
And who gets the cold wind of it all, everytime.

Well, it's hard to be civil
And it's real hard to be nice,
But you did it, my love,
Every time.

So, how can you say,
"Well, I can't see you...
Not now, not tomorrow...
Not until it's right.
Not until... neither of us is pushed up against the wall"?
I don't throw the cold winds of it at you... anymore!

So today, she says,
"Well, I've changed my mind.
That's a woman's right, they say."
Well, I'm frightened and I'm lost,
And I can't give you up,
Not now...
I need you now.
I'm broken hearted.
I broke down like a little girl.

Well, I need you now.
Well, I'm broken hearted.
Well, I broke down like a little girl.

(I need you now... no questions asked)
Well, I broke down like a little girl.

I broke down like a little girl.

Ooh, I broke down like a little girl...
Like a little girl....

Johnny Stew
Old 10-27-2002, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Angry Oh brother...

Geez, people....I seriously believe I was born to be an editor. I'm very anal about spelling, grammar and such, and when stuff like this happens, I get peeved. LOL It's like, they don't do their best to make the package "perfect". I mean, ONE mistake is one thing, but LOTS of mistakes...
Old 10-27-2002, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I noticed the close up on Lindsey's eyes too.....he is so beautiful STILL......there is something so youthful in his eyes......and to say that Lindsey is HOT is rather bizarre being 22 and all....lol.

Did anyone notice that Stevie seemed to almost have like a CHIP on her shoulder in the footage?? She did not seem very happy.....or rather, she seemed so SERIOUS.....even when she was talking about her art, she seemed so stoic....I just wanted her to like crack a smile or laugh or something.....maybe it was just the footage they chose to show.....who knows. It also frustrated me that it seemed that Stevie is not venturing out of a vocal range of like 4 notes..........again, maybe it was just the footage they showed, but it was driving me crazy.....I really hope she does not hold back vocally because she is nervous about performing those songs on stage.....I would rather have her go all out on the album and they re-adjust for live performance like she did with Sorceror.....it was so refreshing to hear her hitting some higher notes.

Kristin
Old 10-27-2002, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Illume is "Monotonal" indeed!

Quote:
Originally posted by kristin

Did anyone notice that Stevie seemed to almost have like a CHIP on her shoulder in the footage?? She did not seem very happy.....or rather, she seemed so SERIOUS.....even when she was talking about her art, she seemed so stoic....I just wanted her to like crack a smile or laugh or something.....maybe it was just the footage they chose to show.....who knows. It also frustrated me that it seemed that Stevie is not venturing out of a vocal range of like 4 notes..........again, maybe it was just the footage they showed, but it was driving me crazy.....I really hope she does not hold back vocally because she is nervous about performing those songs on stage.....I would rather have her go all out on the album and they re-adjust for live performance like she did with Sorceror.....it was so refreshing to hear her hitting some higher notes.

Kristin
Yeah, I noticed Stevie kind of seemed like a drag, too. She seemed kind of detached at some points, like she sits in a room and draws while everybody else has fun. But hopefully that was just the footage, like you said.

As for Illume...I am sorry, I hope that bit we heard, which was so singsogy, three phrases without any variation...I hope that kind of thing is kept to a minimum on this next album. Or that Lindsey does something with it...I also hope she pushes herself vocally. She can, and should, go all the way!

Old 10-28-2002, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I really can't remember for sure...but maybe the part that Stevie was singing while she was sitting on that couch was the part where she was telling Lindsey that her part on stage was so "monotonal"? lol! I need to go watch that clip again.

~~Angela~~
Old 10-28-2002, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default mistakes

This is a bit nitpicky but if I were Rick Vito and Billy Burnette, I might be a tad upset over the fact that only the Rumours line-up appears on the front when two songs on which they played are on the album. If I am not mistaken, weren't As Long As You Follow and No Questions Asked written when they were in the band, not Lindsey??
Old 10-28-2002, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There are 3 songs from the Rick & Billy lineup of Fleetwood Mac. Skies The Limit is another one with Rick & Billy. And Rick co-wrote Paper Doll, too.