The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: What's your fav. version of "I'm So Afraid"???
White Album Tour version 12 30.77%
Rumours Tour version 1 2.56%
Tusk Tour version 5 12.82%
Mirage Tour version 1 2.56%
Out Of The Cradle version 2 5.13%
Dance Tour version 18 46.15%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2002, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Cycles

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca

(Well, if a certain somebody keeps his promise, in four weeks time you'll feel more broke than you ever have!!)

Yes, indeed.. And you'll be living in poverty street along with me as well in four weeks time
Old 07-02-2002, 05:48 AM
Junior Ledgie

My fave is the dance version (especially when watching it on video/DVD with Laura aka BellaDonnaGypsy) Lindsey just gets better with age!!!
Sarah.
Old 06-30-2023, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just found this old poll and surprised I didn't vote at that moment. Luckily it's no closed so I voted for the Dance version. However I must admit I've not heard (or don't remember) all mentioned versions.

I assume the Tusk version is the one in the 1980 Live album.
Old 06-30-2023, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This definitely is a great poll. This song has been played at almost every Mac concert. It has so many variations. The early days I loved Stevie on backing vocals. On Mirage Chris did the honor and I liked it better. However no other version is more raw than the 1980 Live album version. From Micks howling in the beginning, his gong, and Chris's haunting organ. Lindsey's voice is prime and he burns it live.
No offense to anyone but not understanding the love for the Dance version. The are all good but that is probably my least favorite version.
Old 06-30-2023, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
No offense to anyone but not understanding the love for the Dance version. The are all good but that is probably my least favorite version.
In my case maybe it's because I have the opportunity for the first time to watch how Lindsey enjoyed playing this song. I hadn't seen a video of this song live.

The human mind is a mystery to me, there is no a unique logic when it is about tastes. For example, all my friends loved the Matrix movie. But me, every time I try to watch it, I fall asleep. What can I say! I don't like that movie.
Old 06-30-2023, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
In my case maybe it's because I have the opportunity for the first time to watch how Lindsey enjoyed playing this song. I hadn't seen a video of this song live.

The human mind is a mystery to me, there is no a unique logic when it is about tastes. For example, all my friends loved the Matrix movie. But me, every time I try to watch it, I fall asleep. What can I say! I don't like that movie.
Very true. Many hear say that RAL is Stevie's best album. I dont like much of the Dance though. I love and miss the big arena rock sound that the Mac and other bands used to produce. By 1997 technology made them want to sound more like the record. For example the Dance's The Chain is not even in the same league as Tusk or Mirage. The Dance is so sterile, produced, tame, and touched.
For the record, I too never got into the Matrix. Way too complicated and so much is about the special effects.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-30-2023 at 04:31 PM..
Old 06-30-2023, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Everything about 1975 was just more rock. They were establishing themselves and ego hadn’t completely set in. They were proving themselves and had a collective edge that went away after they understood their success.

THE Stephen Hopkins