The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-15-2005, 04:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"
Default Round & Round #2: Say You Will tour.

Just got tired of it, 's all.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 08-15-2005, 04:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Round 2

Say You Will

I loved this tour, and it was my first, but it's inevitable that it will be gone, so let's get rid of it now. Besides, the one I really want gone will most likely leave in the next one or two rounds anyways.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Round 2: Say You Will

Say You Will tour, for the obvious reason.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

After 130+ shows, the Say You Will Tour needs to retire.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
Well, Dave Mason IS in the Hall of Fame (as a member of Traffic), and Bekka is one of the more sought after vocalists for many artists. Even Lindsey thought the incarnation had potential, so it wasn't that bad of an idea. FWIW, the "Time" tours (actually, pre-"Time" tours, to be more accurate, since they never toured behind the album) had the fewest musicians of any post-Mirage tour. And, the tickets were affordable!
Since when did induction into the RnR Hall of Fame equate to being any good? Dave Mason should thank his lucky stars for Steve Winwood and for his opportunity to ride his coattails to infamy. "Blow by Blow" is quite simply the most embarassing thing FM or any other band has ever released.

And since when did Bekka become "one of the more sought after vocalists?" By whom?? After bombing out with "Time" and a couple of commercial bombs in country music, she has basically withdrawn into obscurity. Somehow I don't think that quite reaches the realm of "sought after."

And since when did Lindsey have anything good to say about this lineup? If anything, "The Dance" reunion was a backlash against the beating the FM legacy took because of "Time;" he basically wanted to reclaim the FM brand from the dumpster.

The tickets were affordable because... get this... there was no demand! When you are opening up for REO Speedwagon and Pat Benatar, you are not exactly rock n' roll A-list material. Again, let's try to forget about this unfortunate period in the life of an amazing band.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
The first time I saw Stevie live was in 1990. I was very disappointed in her performance. She looked and sounded like she was going to fall asleep, and she looked like hell. (We know why now, but at the time it was pretty off-putting, and I wasn't all that disappointed that she left.) So when Bekka joined, I felt she added new energy to the set. The only Stevie song that I ever saw her do was "Gold Dust Woman," and I guess my attitude is that if Hole can do the song, why not Bekka? Plus, I actually liked the new arrangement. It was SOOO refreshing, after the 87-90 versions. Actually, I would much rather she and Billy do a song like "Angel" or "I Don't Want To Know," but I would have been MORE offended if they didn't do ANY Stevie songs. It would be like she was never in the band.

Please don't ever compare Hole/Courtney Love to Bekka; they are just in totally different leagues. Personal issues aside, Courtney Love is/was an amazingly talented songwriter and musician who definitely does things on her own terms- definitely a maverick in a lot of ways. Accordingly I thought her cover of GDW was brilliant. Bekka's cover? Bleccch... But to Bekka's credit, I don't think her cover of GDW was any worse than the Corr's cover of "Dreams."
Old 08-15-2005, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC
And since when did Lindsey have anything good to say about this lineup?
SteveMacD said that "Lindsey thought the incarnation had potential"; this is the only quote I've found where he suggests that. Don't know where it's taken from, though, because I took it from SteveMacD's post at the Post-Rumours board.
Quote:
I didn't put too much into it because the music was already becoming more generic. When I heard that Dave Mason was joining my initial reaction was, "Oh, that could be good!" But apparently, it wasn't. (Laughs) Then when I heard that they were doing this nostalgia package tour with REO Speedwagon and Pat Benetar, I was like, "What happened?"
Keep in mind, that Lindsey has spoken of Dave Mason being an influence on him. In the 2003 Guitar Player article, when he was asked of his main lead guitar influences, he said the following:
Quote:
I can't say it was one person. I used to love Led Zeppelin, but I never sat around trying to learn Jimmy Page licks. In terms of developing a sense of melody, I was helped along by Dave Mason's Alone Together -a wonderful album with a very pretty kind of lead-guitar style. But I never thought of myself as someone who was going to go out there and burn it up. In fact, the lead stuff came very late for me.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 08-15-2005, 10:56 AM

Default Say You Will

Give me one more chance
Old 08-15-2005, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What's with all the Bekka hate? She could mop the floor with you know who, TALENT wise. No, she doesn't have the following of old what's her name, but she's most definitely got the talent. And as far as her country albums being commercial flops, have you heard the dreck that country radio plays now? POP garbage, and the majority of artists have about a two album career. Flavor of the month.
Craptacular.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Tusk Tour

I like Rumours and Mirage tours better.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
What's with all the Bekka hate? She could mop the floor with you know who, TALENT wise. No, she doesn't have the following of old what's her name, but she's most definitely got the talent. And as far as her country albums being commercial flops, have you heard the dreck that country radio plays now? POP garbage, and the majority of artists have about a two album career. Flavor of the month.
Craptacular.
And Celine Dion could mop the floor with Bekka in terms of sheer vocal talent. But that doesn't mean that Celine's music is any good. In fact, it just plain sucks. And although it is purely a matter of preference- chocolate vs. vanilla - I would much rather hear Stevie's raspy bleats than Bekka's chirpy, NONDESCRIPT oversinging. Beyond pure vocal range, Stevie has one talent that is undeniable- her ability to connect emotionally with her audience- with her words, her voice, her aura, etc. That is one area that both Celine and Bekka will never come close to Stevie.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Round 2 - Say You Will Tour

I loved Lindsey on this tour, but I really missed Christine.

Inspired Angel: Stevie Nicks
Old 08-15-2005, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Round 2: Say You Will....uh...Won't

Quote:
Please don't ever compare Hole/Courtney Love to Bekka; they are just in totally different leagues. Personal issues aside, Courtney Love is/was an amazingly talented songwriter and musician who definitely does things on her own terms- definitely a maverick in a lot of ways. Accordingly I thought her cover of GDW was brilliant. Bekka's cover? Bleccch... But to Bekka's credit, I don't think her cover of GDW was any worse than the Corr's cover of "Dreams."

Don't EVEN get me started on how much talent the bacteria in my big toenail has compared to the husband-killing, child-abusing, talentless shrew, Courtney Love.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Round 2 - Say You Will

Going with the crowd.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And Celine Dion could mop the floor with Bekka in terms of sheer vocal talent. But that doesn't mean that Celine's music is any good. In fact, it just plain sucks. And although it is purely a matter of preference- chocolate vs. vanilla - I would much rather hear Stevie's raspy bleats than Bekka's chirpy, NONDESCRIPT oversinging. Beyond pure vocal range, Stevie has one talent that is undeniable- her ability to connect emotionally with her audience- with her words, her voice, her aura, etc. That is one area that both Celine and Bekka will never come close to Stevie.
Hillary is gonna beat a bitches ass.