Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-16-2004, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default ATT: Those Who Missed Destiny Rules

Hey I posted this idea/ concept in an earlier thread, and as I now actually have the tape I thought I should re-post. If anyone is interested in this idea post below. If not then I just have an extra copy I can give to someone.

Hey, this may solve the problem for those not in the US and who won't see soundstage. On one of my other boards we do what is called a round-robin of stuff ppl have and others want to see. Basically there is a list of ppl and you just send the tape to one person on the list and they send it off to the next person, and so on down the list. I know it's not as ideal as everyone having their own copy, but it could work. I would possibly be able to provide the origional tape, depending on how many times it airs.

SO the list would START here, I think the show is being aired a couple times so I am willing to make a copy of it and ship it off to the first person on the list from this board, you get? I was actually surprised we didn't have a round-robin thing on this board, but hey guess we could start one.

So after it airs here I will post that I have it and then people who want the tape sent to them can sign up under a list, I'll send it off to the first person with the list (plus it will be left up here, as more sign up) then they get in touch with the second person on the list and send it off to them, naturally you can all make your own copies from the tape as well.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, I'm on board and of course willing to send the tape to the next European ledgie!
Old 03-16-2004, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That'll be me, stefan!

gerald

PS: maybe it's an idea do make dvd-copies, because my vhs-recorder does not take ntsc, only pal, like almost all vcr's in europe.

Old 03-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default hey Stefan

Hi, I remember you from the last time I posted, so I'll give everyone a couple days and then I guess you could pm me your e-mail or address as to where to send the tape off to. I'm not sure how "pm" works though so I might need that explained. I am checking with my other board now to see how they handled the address list. Sorry to be so disorganized but I'm going through finals week now.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by shackin'up
That'll be me, stefan!

gerald

PS: maybe it's an idea do make dvd-copies, because my vhs-recorder does not take ntsc, only pal, like almost all vcr's in europe.
Most VCR's in the UK are now ntsc compatible
Old 03-16-2004, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If you guys do a round-robin, then won't the video quality of each copy passed down go down exponentially with every copy that's made of a copy that's made of a copy etc?

I'd think a tree would be a slightly better way to ensure quality, if you have anyone willing to do multiple copies.

I wish I had two VCRs to help out. The special was so cool.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Quality

I do understand the quality issue, however I only have one VCR, and no DVD recorder, if someone can convert to DVD I will be more then willing to tape a rebroadcast and ship it off to be formated.
I have no idea what compatibility issues are, all I know is it's recorded in SP (heard this would be better quality) and that it was recorded on a Magnovoxx (sp?). Anyways it's not the copy of the copy that would be "round robined" it would be the origional getting sent off to the next person, the "copies" would be kept by the people who made them, at least that is what I was intending. Hope this helps.
Old 03-16-2004, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I also have no DVD player so I am fine with the video tape. Gerald it should work for you also, I have several videos from the US which I can see on my VCR and it's not a too new one.
Jadegypsy my email is

Brockenschreck@gmx.de

Let's forget the PM's and use the mail
Old 03-16-2004, 05:44 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default How about a P2P distribution?

For those of us with broadband, how about we share it via P2P? If someone can get a decent encode of it, then it should be a cinch to distribute it.

The best bet would be to create a torrent of the vid capture, and let others know where to find it.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

sorry, but I know that in my neighbourhood nothing works when I bring an american tape. Believe me, 'cause I have the lindsey-92/93-tape, and I never saw it, although I used to bring it to every visit I attended!

so, I'll wait for the p2p or dvd-variant pop's up.

but I think it's a great and a very kind idea, jadegypsy!

gerald

Old 03-17-2004, 03:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

p2p or dvd, that sounds good. a video copy of a copy of a copy... I have some of those, it hurts your eyes to watch them!
Old 03-17-2004, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

O.K. so folks here is a possible solution. I can make a DVD out of the video (i.e. somebody else does it for me) so I can ship a DVD to Gerald and he can ship it to the next ledgie and so on.
Gerald- still interested?
Jadegypsy still around?
I`d like to see the doc and esp want to know what the hippy WB guy T. Ayeroff says at the end of the listening session!
Old 03-17-2004, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default still here

Yes I'm still here, I'm just in the middle of finals week, so a little crazy. Stefan I sent you an e-mail to get your address and then ship the tape off in the next week, thank you for posting you e-mail, makes my life lots easier. I just hope it plays okay where you are, I never thought of compatibility issues.

Last edited by jadegypsy; 03-17-2004 at 02:20 PM..
Old 03-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default back in!

okay, stefan, with a dvd I'm back in! so who wants one after me?

oh, stefan I already PM-ed you my adress....yes, I can't wait!

gerald

Old 03-17-2004, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What about those of us that don't have a DVD burner? How about if one of you made a small profit for your time (like a couple bucks each), and burned some for us regulars?