Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-06-2019, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think there is a Tampa Video of the BTM tour floating out there.

It's really good!
Maybe you mean Gainesville, FL. This was the first night of the "Farewell Tour" , the BTM tour resumed after Chris's father passed away.
Show starts at Dreams but holy crap.... for 1990, this video quality is excellent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LolwWGBOXcU&t=5746s
Old 12-07-2019, 10:22 PM

Did you notice Stevie didn't even come out for YMLF?
Old 12-08-2019, 05:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Did you notice Stevie didn't even come out for YMLF?
She never came out for YMLF during this tour and the same thing for the Tango/Shake the Cage tour. YMLF always came after Stand Back and she was getting changed out of her Stand Back costume.

During Tango she even left the stage for Over My Head. Just as she was leaving the stage, Christine was introducing the song and soon as it started, hundreds of people ran to the bathroom. I felt embarrassment and shame as the band could see so many people running to the exits like a fire drill. Yes its very true, many go just to see Stevie and when she exits the stage they also run out.

On another note. Stevie opens GDW with "take your silver springs and dig your grave"
Was this a simple flub or a dig at Mick or Lindsey? Its hard to imagine Silver Springs being on her mind in 1990. Her fight with Mick about Silver Springs was not until the next year. But maybe discussions about it were earlier than we thought.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-08-2019 at 03:22 PM..
Old 12-09-2019, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I saw the BTM (Farewell tour) late in November 1990 and it was all high energy with Stevie dancing all over the place.
The energy may have been on and off by then? I saw June shows in Sacramento and Mountain View, and nothing was wrong with them in the energy department. But then I saw the second-to-last night in Oakland and thought everyone seemed bored, even when LB came on. He had a puzzled look on his face, as if to say, “Do these people even want me here?”

My favorite moment of energy and authority from the Billy and Rick years was Don’t Let Me Down Again in 1987 in LA and elsewhere. The band was actually a rock band for four short minutes! It ranks as one of the rhythm section’s greatest live moments.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-09-2019, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The energy may have been on and off by then? I saw June shows in Sacramento and Mountain View, and nothing was wrong with them in the energy department. But then I saw the second-to-last night in Oakland and thought everyone seemed bored, even when LB came on. He had a puzzled look on his face, as if to say, “Do these people even want me here?”

My favorite moment of energy and authority from the Billy and Rick years was Don’t Let Me Down Again in 1987 in LA and elsewhere. The band was actually a rock band for four short minutes! It ranks as one of the rhythm section’s greatest live moments.
It was an odd time. The band regrouped after Christine's father's passing. Stevie and Christine stated they would no longer tour with the band. Stevie was threatening a lawsuit against Mick for his book that was out at the same time as the Farewell tour where he spilled some of her darkest secrets.
Look at that setlist. Just full of energy. I just remember Stevie running all over the stage playing with John, Rick and Billy and Christine very grounded and alert almost the ringleader with her miniskirt.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
It was an odd time. The band regrouped after Christine's father's passing. Stevie and Christine stated they would no longer tour with the band. Stevie was threatening a lawsuit against Mick for his book that was out at the same time as the Farewell tour where he spilled some of her darkest secrets.
Look at that setlist. Just full of energy. I just remember Stevie running all over the stage playing with John, Rick and Billy and Christine very grounded and alert almost the ringleader with her miniskirt.
The show in Cleveland, she very much appeared to be the band leader.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 12-11-2019 at 12:23 PM..
Old 12-11-2019, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Landslide is not a sing along like it is today dedicated to Christine's brother.
Why is it dedicated to Christine's brother? Did something happen?
Old 12-11-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Why is it dedicated to Christine's brother? Did something happen?
I think he just happened to be in the audience.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think he just happened to be in the audience.
yes, Stevie states he is in the audience

What is your opinion about Stevie's "take your silver springs and dig your grave"

Klonopin slip or swipe at Mick?
Old 12-12-2019, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yes, Stevie states he is in the audience

What is your opinion about Stevie's "take your silver springs and dig your grave"

Klonopin slip or swipe at Mick?
No chance that is a slip up. She very directly lays out the "SPRINNNGS" as if done with some intention.
Old 12-13-2019, 04:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
No chance that is a slip up. She very directly lays out the "SPRINNNGS" as if done with some intention.
I agree. This could be the first sign of her dispute with Mick. Even on Klonopin, that girl is on the ball LMAO
Old 12-13-2019, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sometimes, on Stand on the Rock, Stevie would bellow and howl in her seventies best rock voice. Do you guys recommend some particular 1990 performances of that song where it’s really prominent?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-13-2019, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree. This could be the first sign of her dispute with Mick. Even on Klonopin, that girl is on the ball LMAO
Yep, I know over the years when this has come up, people have said the timeline doesn't work for that to be a knock on the whole Silver Springs/Timespace issue - but I have to think it meant SOMETHING. She didn't randomly screw up lyrics or pull a Rhiannon switcheroo. She was saying something to someone. It really works perfectly to tell Mick off "take your silver SPRINNGGS and dig your graaave!"

Get on her bad side and a lyric change is the lightest thing she could do to you. If Mick pulled that today she'd fire him and bring in Steve Ferrone to be the drummer.
Old 12-13-2019, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

More on Gold Dust Woman, what a kick ass performance of this song! Her vocals were on fire and the playing is great all around. My favorite performances of GDW were The Dance and the Sheryl Crow concert in 1999, but this one is a close third.
Old 12-13-2019, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Yep, I know over the years when this has come up, people have said the timeline doesn't work for that to be a knock on the whole Silver Springs/Timespace issue - but I have to think it meant SOMETHING. She didn't randomly screw up lyrics or pull a Rhiannon switcheroo. She was saying something to someone. It really works perfectly to tell Mick off "take your silver SPRINNGGS and dig your graaave!"

Get on her bad side and a lyric change is the lightest thing she could do to you. If Mick pulled that today she'd fire him and bring in Steve Ferrone to be the drummer.
Oh wow, was not aware this has come up before. The timeline absolutely makes sense. Stevie talks about how her record company came to her about a "best of" album but she needed to finish a Fleetwood Mac world tour. The tour ended in December 1990. Sometimes Its A Bitch was out as a single 7 months later. She would have been planning her "best of" album while still on tour and especially during the break when Christine's father died. I cant remember if I caught it live and if I did no one would know the context. Stevie was threatening Mick with legal action about his book at this time too.
Yes, she is leaving the band, Mick wont give her Silver Springs and she says, yeah ok I'm leaving, take Silver Springs and dig your grave and no one will come to see you in concert. LMAO and that is exactly what happened. The Mac was playing night clubs 4 years later.

Has anyone listened to early 1990 concerts from Australia or before the cancellation where she says silver spoon instead of silver springs?

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-13-2019 at 04:29 PM..