Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
How does one have tambourine breath?
Well goats are known to eat tin cans so a tambourine isn't a stretch.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Okay, where did I miss that John had communicated with Lindsey and that Lindsey called Christine fragile? Like Brandon, I’ve been severely limiting my Mac news these days.

I know it’s my hopeless romantic nature, but I see a crack of hope in these developments. Stevie has shown her dominance, Lindsey has gotten his break from the cash grab, and undeniably all have experienced a paradigm shift. Certainly could make for one blowout farewell tour... almost so perfect as to be planned. Certainly shakes off the staleness that had set in!
It was in the lawsuit.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:30 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

I know it’s my hopeless romantic nature, but I see a crack of hope in these developments. Stevie has shown her dominance, Lindsey has gotten his break from the cash grab, and undeniably all have experienced a paradigm shift. Certainly could make for one blowout farewell tour... almost so perfect as to be planned. Certainly shakes off the staleness that had set in!
Didn't Lindsey's lawsuit say he was capable of performing? Maybe that's what he has asked for... to return to work.

Old 11-20-2018, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
How does one have tambourine breath?
I don't know but I bet the old goat has it!
Old 11-20-2018, 02:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm still unclear just what LB meant when he described Christine as "fragile"...

Stuff with her hands and the erosion of her voice make the idea that he means physically fragile seem like a real possiblility... Also Stevie telling her she needs to get a trainer and all that if she really wanted to come back is a bit more interesting in light of the word "fragile"... but stamina-wise it would seem Chris has been holding up, I mean she did a whole tour with LB and now again with FM.... which brings it back to being reference to her voice and ability to play onstage (which is different to playing in a studio)...

If he means something else, like emotionally fragile.... I haven't seen any real signs of that in interviews and things... and she wrote a bunch of songs and seems relatively productive which again doesn't seem to indicate mental decline....
Old 11-20-2018, 05:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I'm still unclear just what LB meant when he described Christine as "fragile"...

Stuff with her hands and the erosion of her voice make the idea that he means physically fragile seem like a real possiblility... Also Stevie telling her she needs to get a trainer and all that if she really wanted to come back is a bit more interesting in light of the word "fragile"... but stamina-wise it would seem Chris has been holding up, I mean she did a whole tour with LB and now again with FM.... which brings it back to being reference to her voice and ability to play onstage (which is different to playing in a studio)...

If he means something else, like emotionally fragile.... I haven't seen any real signs of that in interviews and things... and she wrote a bunch of songs and seems relatively productive which again doesn't seem to indicate mental decline....
I don’t think he meant mental decline. She’s sharper than the rest of them....collectively
Old 11-20-2018, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just took it as him trying to let her off the hook for what happened, and as a way to let her know that he's still good with her. The term "fragile" might actually be a word that was used by Mick or management and LB was throwing it back at them almost mockingly.

I'm sure when he was talking to Azoff he asked if Chris was onboard with this decision, it wouldn't be shocking if Azoff said something to that effect as to why Chris wasn't consulted on the matter.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Okay, where did I miss that John had communicated with Lindsey and that Lindsey called Christine fragile? Like Brandon, I’ve been severely limiting my Mac news these days.

John was the only one who responded to his e-mails (out of the people he did send an e-mail to, not sure how many of them it was), and John's response was something on the lines of "I'm not supposed to talk to you". Presumably for legal reasons. That was pretty much the extent of John's communication.

Last edited by Feather Blade; 11-20-2018 at 04:58 PM..
Old 11-20-2018, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Christine's voice is more then shot now, sorry to say.
Sometimes it is, other times it's still quite tuneful and tonally warm. On a number of performances (in October) of "All Over Again" she sounded fantastic and, when duetting with Nicks, far more tuneful (though with less volume and theatrical effects).

However, her vocals in the recent Canadian shows were awful. But then this back-and-forth with her live voice has been fairly consistent with her throughout her career.

She remains the only one of the three who still sounds fantastic and authentic in the studio. Whatever machinery is helping her, she manages to sound like she used to. Not so with Nicks or Buckingham.

I'd prefer Christine spend her remaining time doing studio albums.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I think she’s psychologically fragile. I think those years living in isolation took a toll on her. Since coming back, she’s sold the mansion, sold her condo, and moved into a busy London neighborhood and has made a point of staying in situations where she’s working or amongst people.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-20-2018, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
KB has alluded on Twitter that the band is attempting to settle rather than go to court. While not surprising it does go against the strong talk initially made by the band.
Legal fees would cost the band just as much if not more than their likely settlement amount. I'm not pretending to know the settlement amount, I just know lawyer/"attorneys" are mighty expensive, especially in the USofA.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Didn't Lindsey's lawsuit say he was capable of performing? Maybe that's what he has asked for... to return to work.

No way will they pay him a cash settlement then re-employ him. It is one or the other and it will not be Lindsey's choice.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:38 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
No way will they pay him a cash settlement then re-employ him. It is one or the other and it will not be Lindsey's choice.

Nah, what I meant was maybe it's on the table that they'll re-employ him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I don't know but I bet the old goat has it!
haha, tambourine breath... palm sweat and AquaNet?
Old 11-21-2018, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
My main hope is that a settlement would at least lift the ban on communication between Lindsey and the others.....
To the contrary, I’m guessing no one in the band is involved in settlement talks and that it’s only lawyers communicating with each other. The lawyers might consult the parties they represent for authority purposes but I doubt anyone in the band is meeting face to face. The band would be more likely to run into each other if they did take this to court but that would be both expensive and time-consuming. Settling is the quickest, easiest way to cut ties with Lindsey, sadly. And whatever they would pay him would be a fraction of defense costs if they chose to defend themselves in court.

I don’t like KB tweeting or instagramming about this case. It feels tacky and even though the band probably could not even name the main social media sites collectively, it makes me respect them more for not stooping to that level. This post makes her seem greedy to me, as though all she hoped for out of this lawsuit is money.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yup, that's the most logical.

yes it's still on the docket.
You can see online they have been served, which is amusing to me. I like to imagine them being personally served with process and humiliated while at dinner, but their lawyers probably accepted service for them.

Normally, they would have to answer within 30 days of service. That can be extended. But if we don’t see an answer filed we will probably see some sort of stipulation filed by both parties and that would suggest they are putting a stay on litigation pending settlement negotiations.